Average review score based on 4,491 user reviews
of customers recommend this product
I bought this for myself of course because the advertisements were pretty interesting. But don't let the advertisements fool you. The product is awesome all around and I enjoy it daily. But its missing a feature.
Pros: Its slim, sleek, and very light weight compared to the other Ipod touch models. FaceTime is awesome you can video chat with anyone who also has an Ipod Touch 4G with FaceTime. A lot of apps play better on this Ipod. It has pretty much the same features as the other models except for the FaceTime app.
Cons: FaceTime does not work unless your both connected to the internet. The picture and video are sketchy you need really good lighting to get a nice shot. On a lot of the advertisements they said there was video editing but that is not true there is not video editing software with this Ipod and if you have to download it is not free.
My conclusion I'd say its just as good as an Ipod 3G or 2G all the same features with the exception of the FaceTime which doesn't work unless you both have internet access. And I guess a lot of the apps play better. I recommend this item to everyone only because its the most updated version of Ipod Touches but if you don't care for all the extra features its just as good as a 3G or 2G
The iPod touch 4 is a great improvement, compared to it's predecessors, but it still doesn't offer as much as expected.
We all know the pros of this item. However, there are a lot of things that are rarely mentioned.
* It has great resolution, however the TN matrix with it's poor viewing angles spoils the fun. Fixed in the iPhone, but it isn't cheap.
* No memory card slot. Why?
* I have to admit it - the WiFi is great, has better signal then most devices out there.
* The bluetooth is very limited. I couldn't connect to my phone... or any other non-apple device at that matter.
* Only a few supported audio/video formats and codecs. I had to convert all of my FLAC songs and every one of my movies. In which century do we live in? My phone supports even ".mkv". The iPod, which is meant for media and games only, supports only a few audio and video formats and codecs!?
* It is annoying to have to use the iTunes for every little thing. You can't even move a photo/picture to the iPod without it... Thanks limited bluetooth.
* It has only one hardware key, which is kind of annoying. I wish it had a "back" button next it. Or at least the on-screen button to be somewhere closer. Right now, it is as far away as possible... what are they thinking?
* The iOS has more apps than any other mobile platform out there, but the OS itself isn't as good as Android. iOS 5 proves that - it borrows a few ideas from the droid.
* Let's face it - the camera sucks. I have tried a few different programs, I have used the HDR option, even hacked it to do 1280x720 photos, which is more compared to the original 960x640. It still sucks.
The bottom line.
At it's price, it is a good option. It is average in everything. I recommend that you save up for a high-end android device. It just offers a lot more, enough to be worth it... unless you want only the basic stuff and to spend as little as possible for this type of a media and game device... then the iPod touch 4 is a good choice for you.
I'm a proud user of an android 2.3.3 device. I heard a lot of good things about the iOS and I just had to check it out. Now, after two weeks of playing around with my apple device, I have compared them. iOS vs Android. The iOS's appstore is a good competitor to the android's market, but only because it has a head start. The market is quickly catching up. Everyday I use my phone - Samsung GT-I9000 aka Galaxy S (the 2010 model, not the new one). I don't think even the iPhone 4 is a real competitor to a phone like that. Even with jailbreak. The difference in the capabilities is great. You'll realize how big it is, when you have the chance to test both. I think the iPod is a little overrated. Have that in mind. And yes, the iOS has a few more great games and apps, but one by one they are getting ported to the Android. Plus, is that enough to make it better? It is important to know what you want, and more importantly - what you need.
Pretty nice. love how it is!!! perfect present for anyone! Excellent As an Ipod but could of upgraded the Camera its crappy..... at low lighting taking pics or recording. its only perfect HD when the lighting is at its perfect peak which is during the morning or afternoonish and also speakers could of been upgraded too but Over all i give it an 8/10.
It works great! The only problem is that when I view YouTube videos, it doesn't play horizontally(-) only sound. But when I view it vertically(|), it plays the video along with sound. But then, the video is too small vertically and I rather view it horizontally. When I view videos I recorded for 1+ minute(s) from the cam, it takes me back to home (desktop?). Or it would only play sound and not the video.
This is great, it only had one scratch on it.. Works perfectly so far.. It was delivered faster than the estimated time.
I decided to make the purchase based on the recommendation of several friends and the need to replace my former mp3 player. The Apple Ipod touch is a very handy device with several hundred thousand apps/games which can save your life in a pinch or simply keep you entertained for hours. Apple makes a great product in that they realize how to market to a specific audience. However, the lack of features on the mp3 side of the device severely hinder this product in the end. There are no shuttle controls for music, the volume buttons are not in an ideal location, and the overall volume is not very loud even at max volume with or without headphones. In addition the headphones included with the ipod are of very poor quality. For the price of the product this is sub-par at best for the user searching for any sort of specific sound will be disappointed in this particle apple product.
While my daughter absolutely loves her apple ipod 4th generation, I do not recommend buying one that is used, for the simple reason the previous owner left 525 country music songs on it, and many of them were very immoral titles and songs - not appropriate for a 12 year old - Had I thought of this, I would not have bought used - didn't actually save that much money on it anyway! - other than that, it works great!
First of all, I recommend NOT to buy the 8gb version, it's too small if you want to store big amount of your music, games and stuff.
The device is really great and useful but I think that the new ipod mini is prefer.
i got this product for a gift for someone i like the product came in handy but becarefull when u buy stuff on ebay read the whole discription
make sure you read everything in the description. thought it was a cheap ipod touch but ended up i bought a link with a bunch of trials you have to do and earn points to get the ipod.