Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $50.99Trending at $54.49
- $50.99Trending at $52.99
- $38.99Trending at $43.87
- $55.00Trending at $55.99
- $89.99Trending at $99.99
- $22.90Trending at $23.75
- $32.99Trending at $35.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe first two games in the Wild Arms series garnered attention and acclaim as they brought classic console role-playing to the original PlayStation. Though crafted in the same story-telling spirit, Wild Arms 3 (titled Wild Arms Advanced 3rd in Japan) boasts major technological improvements and a number of new gameplay elements. Featuring "stroke-shaded" animation-style graphics, a "Wild West" setting, and a completely 3D game engine (not just for battles, as in the previous games), Wild Arms 3 is designed to make good use of the power of the PlayStation 2.
Wild Arms 3 features four main characters and takes the time to let players become acquainted with each of them. The "drifters" Virginia, Gallows, Jet, and Clive are four very different adventurers whose paths intertwine toward a shared destiny. Though each has his or her own personal motivations, all four seek an explanation for why the once-verdant lands of Filgaia have become dry and barren. Differences must be overcome and the characters must act in harmony if they are to truly understand the ancient mystical forces at work.
As the drifters move through the desolate land of Filgaia, they are challenged with a number of mysteries to solve and barriers to overcome. The different special abilities of each character must be used to solve different parts of the game's complex puzzles. A technique dubbed "expressive communication" is designed to allow players to quickly gauge the moods and emotions of the onscreen characters. Monsters, villains, and other horrible creatures stand between the drifters and their destinations as well. The Wild Arms 3 turn-based battle system is designed to offer players an intricate level of control, allowing tactics that make wise use of the various powers and weaponry of the drifters while presenting combat with cinematic flair.
- PublisherSony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- GameWild Arms 3
- PlatformSony PlayStation 2
- ESRB RatingT - Teen
- ESRB DescriptorMild Violence
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2002
- Game SeriesWild Arms Series
Most relevant reviews
- johrodrigue_623Aug 31, 2016by
I used to rent this every week as a kid. To have again in great condition is fantastic. Thank you!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- mightymaxx100Oct 09, 2014by
Great Game, the husband loves it.
My husband ordered this game, he had a great experience with it as a teenager and thought he would still enjoy it, he does.
- mad_faerieMar 30, 2007by
Wild ARMs 3 (Playstation 2)
I liked the original Wild Arms enough to seek out its brethren. I love the guns vs. magic in an almost tech-deprived world - It's a somewhat unusual setting that was made quite popular when Final Fantasy VII made its way to the US. It's pretty easy to play if you are familiar with the original Wild Arms setup, too. Also, the graphics have drastically changed from the 2D eagle eye's view to something much more alluring - 3D. It's still rather brightly colored, however. I also like the contrast, it really irritates me when games make the contrast so low in areas that it's like you're sitting around in a room with no light. Where is the artistry in that?
- michikitty32Apr 24, 2011by
This game is a classic in the series. Great music, dynamic game play, memorable characters, and a unique storyline. This Wild Arms certainly stands out and makes it mark in the series. We need more classics like these!
- heyitsdaddyJan 02, 2013by
Awesome RPG/Western hybrid with an amazing soundtrack.
Good Stuff. Wild Arms always entertains, 3 is no exception. The new cell-shaded world also looks less dated than other PS2 classics.