Best Selling in External Hard Disk Drives
Save on External Hard Disk Drives
- $104.99Trending at $129.99
- $55.00Trending at $59.00
- $191.95Trending at $233.83
- $139.95Trending at $155.69
- $87.77Trending at $92.39
- $65.90Trending at $67.89
- $125.89Trending at $128.99
About this product
- Product DescriptionCompact and lightweight, the Western Digital My Passport Essential SE (WDBACX0010BBK-NESN) portable hard disk is easy to carry along. You can back up all your important data on this Western Digital hard drive, as it has a memory capacity of 1 TB. Compatible with Mac as well as Windows PCs, this portable hard disk provides versatility. Moreover, this USB 3.0 Western Digital hard drive is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Enjoy quick file transfers with the Western Digital My Passport Essential SE (WDBACX0010BBK-NESN), thanks to its built-in WD SmartWare Software.
- BrandWestern Digital
- ModelMy Passport Essential SE
- Buffer Size8MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed5400RPM
- InterfaceUSB 2.0,USB 3.0
- External Data Transfer Rate640Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Hot SwapYes
- Height0.71 in.
- Width4.33 in.
- Depth3.27 in.
- Weight7.05 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- benn.conneJul 18, 2016by
A pretty good little drive
If you can find it for a good price, this drive is a good deal for storage. It's not all that fast but if you need your stuff on the go, you can't go wrong.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- lindaj8540May 10, 2013by
Small Size With Big Ideas.
Nice Western Digital My Passport External Hard Drive. Great size 1 TB to backup my 3 different computers. Use the software and it is easy to use. Also the backup is fast. I like the unit for its small size with big storage space for my backups.
- rajmercury2010Dec 01, 2012by
Really nice,robust design.High read speed,comparatively better than others
This HDD comes with USB3.0 interface.Blazing fast,but when it comes to connect with USB 2.0 write speed isn't very high.
Though the drive is toughened and robust,still users needn't to worry, as WD provides 5 year limited warranty on this purchase along with 24X7 online support.It works great, renders you a blazing fast read speed(though the R/W speed is 5400RPM) because of the 64MB of cache memory.
It's recommended for users who do heavy work for storing big and really big files... you can work all the nite long because this drive doesn't heat up too much. In comparison I would rank WD number 1 leading the world of HDDs,because of the after sales services they offer.
The only one flaw I see, though its a small issue,yet good to be mentioned,this drive doesnt come in attractive colours and designs like other drives manufactured by TOSHIBA,SONY,etc.
RecommendedRead full review
- miketheman211Jan 10, 2013by
Overall, a great buy for the price.
I bought this specifically for my MacBook's Time Machine, automatic backup. I like the USB 3.0 cord, but have yet to utilize it. Western Digital has always been my brand to go to for hard drives. This external hard drive is very quiet, more than any other I have used. As for the 1TB, sure, why not... you couldn't beat the price! Overall the quality is very good, its quiet and more space than average people need, a great buy for the price.
- whutulukinat13Feb 15, 2013by
Great product, Compact, secure, Awesome price!
Very compact and fast. I also have a 1TB Seagate Ext HD, and it has to be plugged into an outlet to work. This WD My Passport only requires a USB connection. It also has a security feature that allows me to set it so that it can only be accessed from my PC without the use of a password. I bought this product because I was running out of memory and my other EXT HD is so big and bulky, I move around a lot and compact items are a must! This is exactly what I was looking for in terms of size, capacity and price.