Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB External 5400RPM (WDBACY5000ABK) HDD
Top Selling in External Hard Disk Drives
Great Prices on External Hard Disk Drives
- $86.99Trending at $100.23
- $61.98Trending at $64.23
- $114.99Trending at $119.99
- $129.00Trending at $138.99
- $104.99Trending at $125.00
- $98.99Trending at $125.00
- $1,247.00Trending at $1,501.00
About this product
- Product DescriptionBack up your files with confidence using the Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB external hard drive. The Western Digital hard drive features both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connectivity that offers compatibility for optimum performance. This hard drive has a compact design that makes it lightweight and easy to carry, making it convenient for moving about. My Passport Essential external drive offers password protection functionality that helps protect stored data from unauthorized access. Its USB 3.0 connectivity allows for faster data transfer between devices saving much time. Featuring a memory capacity of 500 GB, the Western Digital My Passport Essential hard drive offers great storage space for a wide range of data.
- BrandWestern Digital
- ModelMy Passport Essential
- Buffer Size2MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed5400RPM
- InterfaceUSB,USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- External Data Transfer Rate60Mbps
- Form Factor2.5"
- Height0.6 in.
- Width4.3 in.
- Depth3.2 in.
- Weight0.31 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- redrose699Jan 04, 2014by
Why I love my external Hardrives
I have been using external drives for many years, 1 decided to finally start going, so I have purchased 2 new ones. These ones I really love, they are so much smaller and don't need to be plugged in, saying electric lol. I store all my programs and things I want to keep on the externals. Long time ago my computer crashed, I lost everything, so since then, now I have everything on my external drives. This way computer crash, everything is all there ready to use with a new computer.
Thank you so much for these smaller devices, they are so wonderful.
- bsstanJul 23, 2014by
It worked perfectly, just as I expected. I would be happy to use this seller again. The hard drive is very helpful especially with a computer with a small original hard drive. I use it to store pictures of family. And, tutorial videos.
- gsiewertJun 21, 2013by
Very easy to connect, setup, and use
This external hard drive was VERY easy to connect through the USB port. Although I expected the WD SmartWare backup software to be on its own disc, I found it pre-loaded as a zip file on the hard drive. The software can be configured to backup on a schedule or in a constantly updating mode (similar to Carbonite). Just leave the HD connected through the USB port and you have your data files easily backed up. The only drawback is that I could not find the option to make a disc image. But I am using the Microsoft Windows 7 backup program to do that.
- joshuasigmonApr 28, 2012by
This Passport Essential is super fast with USB 3.0 and super compact!!
I recently bought my Passport Essential 500gb External drive and have love how easy it is!! I had a Hitachi 1tb external hard drive, which was good but just too bulky. This WD is so small, about the size of a wallet, and I can easily fit into my pocket or in my laptop bag without any problems. It is also super lightweight. It can be used as a backup or just an external hard drive, and I chose not to install the WD software onto my computer. I use it mainly as an external hard drive which holds a bunch of movies, songs, and photos. Frees up alot of space on my laptop. The best thing I like about it is that it is super fast!! USB 3.0 is amazing, so much faster than 2.0. I can get things transferred at least 4 times faster, which saves me time.
- hawkeye249Jun 25, 2012by
Great product that would benefit by adding some basic documentation.
If you let it do everything on its own, you'll probably be fine. But if you want to think things through, you could make it more difficult...
Initially, I was disappointed by the lack of installation information. While it was straight-forward (select the executable), the one page leaflet just indicated plug it in. Many (like me) disable auto-start for safety. A short note would've been useful. After the installation, which went smoothly, it backed up the files on my notebook PC.
Then I wanted to back up my desktop. Nowhere could I find any information about backing up files from more than one PC. Just a comment would've helped. After installing the software (must be installed on each PC to be backed up), it backed those files up easily and quickly.