Western Digital Black 1000GB Internal 7200RPM 3.5" (WD1002FAEX) HDD
Top Selling in Internal Hard Disk Drives
Great Prices on Internal Hard Disk Drives
- $32.00Trending at $32.50
- $74.99Trending at $111.75
- $89.95Trending at $101.99
- $139.00Trending at $147.83
- $89.99Trending at $94.88
- $17.99Trending at $20.23
- $79.99Trending at $102.00
About this product
- Product DescriptionIntegrated with a cool drive operation, the WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX internal hard drive eliminates the noise and shock throughout the processes. The no-touch head technology of this WD 1TB hard drive prevents the recording head from touching the disk media, thus reducing on the depreciation and offers superior protection during data transferring. The leading-edge vibration protection of this WD internal hard drive ensures reliability and a steady data performance. Powered by the dual processor technology, the WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX hard drive delivers optimum processing performance. The 7200 RPM processing speed of this internal hard drive speeds up the data transfer speed. Including Dual actuator technology, this WD internal hard drive improves the positional accuracy of the content.
- BrandWestern Digital
- Buffer Size64MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed7200RPM
- Interface6-Gb/s SATA
- DesignationDesktop Computer
- External Data Transfer Rate600Mbps
- Internal Data Transfer Rate126 Mbit/s
- Form Factor3.5"
- Height1.03 in.
- Width4 in.
- Depth5.79 in.
- Weight1.52 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- retiredvacopSep 29, 2015by
Only thing cheap is the price.
First, these are typically server drives. That means they get turned on one day and swapped out 3 years later, often before the warranty expires. My drive, while out of warranty, performs just as well as a new drive, The use it saw could be equated to highway miles on a car. Yes, there is wear, but not like that of a system that is turned on and off every day. I expect to get several years of good use out of this drive. I have a couple of older systems that I built for friends that have drives that are now over 10 years old and still running fine. Sure, new technology is faster, but not really noticeable in most basic operations. The Western Digital Black is a fast drive that is still being sold new, so the technology is still current at this time.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- miragedslJan 05, 2013by
The new drive failed in just a couple months with a SMART event.
I bought three of these drives. The first one was new in the box. I installed it to replace an aging backup drive that doesn't have any issues, but it is old. The install when well and it started handling the backup data on my PC which runs once a day. I then noticed that the backup had reverted back to the old backup drive. I then changed it back to the new drive and in a little while my computer crashed and was stuck in POST. When I cold booted it I saw the new drive had a SMART event. This failure was to the extent that the PC would no longer function with the drive attached to the system board. I took another one of the same model drive I purchased and installed it. It tested fine and handled the initial full backup fine and is doing well so far, but only time will tell and it has only been a week on the latest one. I will not be using this model to swap out my OS drives.Read full review
- craftlady36386Sep 12, 2015by
Great product have always loved WD hard drives and this is a very nice hard for storage or for main computer!!!!!
- jonathanriceent...Dec 10, 2013by
Best Hard Drive for your money!!!!
I have always recommended these hard drives to anybody who wants a fast and reliable hard drive. They all come with a 5 year warranty (which is the longest warranty anybody offers), which is incredible! I have had countless WD Black Hard Drives and they have all been great.
- mechanic1930Feb 12, 2013by
Western digital is the way to go for a Hard drive.
These are the best hard drives on the market
if you need dependable drives for your pc or server these are by far the ideal ones to buy.
i used to use another brand M a X ??? but they wouldnt honor their warranty so i went with western digital and they have never let me down,i have some that are ten years old and still work great, one has been formatted at least 34 times that i know of, still works very well.