Vizio E421VO 42" 1080p HD LCD Television
About this product
- DescriptionWatch your movies in 1080p full HD format on the Vizio E421VO television. The 42-inch screen of this Vizio LCD Television displays clear and sharp images at 1920 x 1080 pixels native resolution. Having a dynamic contrast ratio of 100000:1, this 42 inch LCD TV showcases highly distinguished color images. With SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD technology, this Vizio LCD Television provides HD surround sound to complement the video. Automatically setting the screen brightness as per the ambient lighting conditions, this 42-inch LCD TV lets you enjoy the picture, without putting strain on your eyes. View photos on the big screen with the Vizio E421VO TV’s JPEG photo viewer.
- About The BrandVIZIO is an American privately held electronics manufacturer established in 2002. Among its products are television sets, tablets and mobile phones, as VIZIO quickly became one of the most recognizable TV brands in North America. Nowadays, the company primarily produces television sets, as the first TV bearing the brand’s name, the P4 46” Plasma EDTV, was released in 2003. VIZIO became the largest LCD TV seller in North America for 2007 and since then focused on the LED-backlit LCD displays. The brand offers a diversity of TV models in a wide range of screen sizes, innovative designs and high-definition resolutions.
- TV TypeFlat-Panel
- Display TechnologyLCD
- Screen Size42"
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Display Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels
- 3D Technology3D Not Supported
- Smart TV FeaturesNot Supported
- Refresh Rate60 Hz
- Viewing Angle178°
- Built-in TunerATSC,NTSC,QAM
- Supported Resolutions1080p (HDTV)
- Brightness500 cd/m²°
- Dot Pitch0.48 mm
- HDCP SupportWith HDCP Support
- On Mode Power81.1 W
- Sleep Mode Power0.3 W
- Front Input ConnectorsHDMI x 1,USB Port
- Rear Input ConnectorsComponent x 1,Composite x 1,HDMI x 2
- Number Of Speakers2
- Speaker Power2 x 10 Watt
- Audio TypeStereo
- Height3.51 in.
- Width40.26 in.
- Depth25.91 in.
- Weight31.09 lbs
- Parental ControlV-Chip
- Room TypeCommercial Space,Living Room
- Remote Control Type (originally supplied by manufacturer)Standard
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- gamerboy_proApr 22, 2012by
Bang for Buck! Excellent Quality Basic Setup that Won't Drain your Wallet!
The bottom line: if you don't need 3D and don't want to break the bank, buy this TV. That's all you -really- need to know, but this review is jam-packed with details about the TV and my experience with it; if you want more, keep reading.
I picked this up as a "seller refurbished" item. A little bit of research showed that these were selling from $300 (once in a blue moon) to about $400. Honestly, so long as 1080p is the industry standard, this TV is definitely worth that price point.
Surfing through normal cable channels, I was, at first, a little saddened by the picture quality. The picture was a little grainy and I thought, "I paid for HD quality, what's this ****?!" Then, I took a deep breath, plugged in my laptop, and proceeded to play a 1080p video on YouTube. My jaw dropped. Simply stunning. I have never seen a more crisp image--and from YouTube nonetheless! As it turns out, cable needs to catch up to my TV, not the other way around.
I did take off one star in the features category, giving it a rating of "good" there. While it does have almost all standard hook-ups, it only has one of each (barring HDMI, of which it has two). Now, to be perfectly honest, you probably won't need much more. I've got my cable feeding directly into the TV, an Xbox hooked up via HDMI, and another HDMI port I use when I want to hook up my laptop--I never have to switch any cables around, but if you're the kind of person who owns one of every game console for the past few generations, either look for an external switch, or a different TV. A complaint I read quite a bit in reviews before I purchased this was about the sound quality of the built in speakers. No, they're not audiophile quality speakers, but they still produce damn good stereo sound. This was my biggest fear going into this purchase, but that fear quickly subsided as soon as I set up the TV and turned it on and listened. I don't have the funds at the moment to invest in a better sound system, but luckily this TV left me with neither the need nor want to.
Here's my best concise list of what this TV's lacking:
-Multiple hook-ups (read above/see specs)
-A DVI port (getting phased out for HDMI instead anyway)
-Direct connection for speakers (not standard on newer TV models, but a good note if your old system relies on it)
-Internet/Apps (Not needed if you have a laptop or computer you can hook up)
-3D (if you're into that)
If none of the items on the above list bother you, this TV is perfect for you. Even if the first few items bother you, there are very inexpensive solutions to them: converters, an HDMI switch, USB hub, etc.
I said it once, I'm saying it again: if you don't need 3D and don't want to break the bank, buy this TV. You won't be disappointed.Read full review
- ncatlboiDec 09, 2011by
One of the best TV's known to man and a gamer!!
THE QUALITY, oh my the QUALITY!!! I cannot say it enough... the picture quality is SUPERB!! Its sharp, crystal clear and responds well! I purchased a PS3 for black Friday and I was trying to stay in line for the Sharp $200 HDTV 1080p from best buy(didn't make it) but I saw THIS BEAUTY online for a mere $399... needless to say I POUNCED on it with claws out! The UN-boxing was super easy, even "a caveman can do it", and I plugged the HDTV up and also attached my PS3(my only reason for buying the TV) and it took not even a millisecond for the screen to light up and show me its full radiance. Once I powered on my gaming system I immediately knew I made a grand decision....the QUALITY oh the QUALITY... ITS BREATH TAKINGLY beautiful!
- politillyoverlo...Dec 10, 2011by
A buy was a good decision
Okay, the tv displays an excellent picture and the sound is crisp with more than enough volume. two bothersome aspects. !. the connector at the back of the set was missing. 2. At the upper lefthand corner of the screen, a small intrusion appears when the set is in the full screen mode. It was clear the vendor would have replaced the unit but given the excellent price and my cost of shipping it back by virtue of residing on the island of Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, we elected to keep the set as a return would have been cost prohibitive.
- 6903houserApr 08, 2015by
Vizio E421vo great TV.
I got this to update my old 32 inch flat screen Its a great tv it nice looking and works great I'm very happy with it .
- ajorgensen06201...Oct 14, 2011by
Can't beat the price on this tv at all.
I bought this product because I already owned a 32" identical to this one. I am very impressed with this model of tv's. My 32" I have owned since 2007 It has been through many moves with me and still has the same picture quality as day one. I love these tv's they are the most affordable tv's out on the market. I would say dollar for dollar this tv is as good as any "LG" brand or "SAMSUNG". If you dont want to believe me go to best buy or walmart and see the difference your self.