All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresent a memorable award or simply secure an investment with the 2009 United States Silver Dollar. This American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States. The 2009 United States Silver Dollar has been issued since 1986 and consists of one ounce of fine silver. Inspired by the image of the Walking Liberty on a previously circulated half dollar coin, the obverse of this United States Bullion was designed by Adolph A. Weinman in the year 1916. The reverse of this silver bullion coin was designed by John Mercanti, who portrays the thirteen stars above the bald eagle grasping an olive branch and arrows behind the union shield. Each coin of this United States Bullion is minted to exact specifications and guaranteed by the US government for purity. This United States Bullion with reeded edges has become a worldwide favorite of both coin collectors and metals investors.
- TypeAmerican Eagle Bullion Coins
- Catalog NumberKM# 273
- Mint NameU.S. Mint
- sdc.string.Obverse DescriptionLiberty walking left
- sdc.string.Reverse DescriptionEagle with shield
- Obverse DesignerAdolph A. Weinman
- Reverse DesignerJohn Mercanti
- GeoUnited States
- Sub GeoNot Available
Most relevant reviews
- doncolombelJun 08, 2012by
Prescious meatles should be 25% of any portfolio with Silver at the top.
I bought a product basically like this product for investment opportunities with this difference. MS70, FIRST STRIKE, GRADED BY N. G. C.. I also like the Deep or ultra Deep Cameo coins. My choice of the 2009 coins, as mentioned above is due to the small population of this coin as well as the reprocessing of MS70 coins into PR70 coins which farther reduced it's MS70 population. Proper silver coins are by far my most enjoyed investment. I can hold the coins in my hand and savor in their beauty. I also invest in silver because I believe silver is being price suppressed by industrial shorts, which are coming to an end. Once that happens, Silver will be the greatest investment story of a life time. But then, that is just my understandings, hopes and aspirations. Good luck to all.
- st2012stJun 03, 2010by
WHY American Eagle Silver - Why Now?
Discerning and patient investors can purchase American Silver Eagle coins at extremely fair prices via EBAY, and often within $1.00 - $3.00 of the daily spot silver price. Buying one or two coins at a time through EBAY is an excellent way to get started with investing in precious metals, it allows you to purchase small amounts at a fair price. Other metals brokers and dealer I have used sell American Eagles at a similar price - but the shipping and insurance charges can be cost prohibitive on small lots. The American Silver Eagle is a highly recognized, highly valued and highly appreciated coin world wide. Each coin is .999 fine Silver and represents an ecellent store of weatlh protection against the FED printing press and the fiat currencies now common throughout the world. The beautiful design of the American Silver Eagle cannot be denied. Compare the beauty of the Silver Eagle to minted one ounce "Silver Rounds", and I'm sure you'll agree, the extra $1.00 - $2.00 premium for the coveted American Silver Eagle is well worth it. With the European Union in financial crisis, and debt bombs going off around the planet, with Trillion dollar deficits in the United States for as far as the eye can see, and unfunded Federal liabilities now well over $100 Trillion - the choice is obvious: Purchase precious metals as an financial insurance policy against what John Williams of shadowstats.com has called, "the coming total economic collapse". And get started today with a few American Silver Eagles. Read full review
- 985567700@delet...Feb 01, 2010by
Silver dollars, a great investment!
Silver is on the rise and precious coins make a good investment. Unlike other purchases, these silver coins have long term value and hold a moment in time. Like a picture, coins bring memories, whether given as gifts or bought as collectables, coins mark the date in time. While other items get "used up", these coins can last forever! If you are searching for that perfect gift, or maybe something to just tuck away, these are perfect. If you have kids or kids in your life, nothing else will make them appreciate money more than these large shiny coins. A lesson in history and the beginning of generations to come. What else can do that? Plus, if you're going to collect something, why not money?
- tomsisk46-2008Aug 09, 2010by
American Eagle Coin
The US Eagle is a beautiful coin and is a great value due to the .999 silver content and full troy ounce weight. Due to the size and shape, the coin is also an easy item to collect and store. For me, the Eagle is a savings tool and an investment.
- nightswallowAug 09, 2010by
How can one find anything negative to say about a new, shiny, uncirculated, silver coin! With possible hyper-inflation on the horizon, everyone should be holding some of these! I bought this coin and others for the possible day when paper money collapses in value! Silver is a precious metal, along with gold, and coins like the Walking Liberty Silver Dollars, will always have value for trade or barter.