Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $7.00Free shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by tondebjosmor
- Est. delivery by Dec 12
- $13.49Free shipping
- Very Good condition
- Sold by vgmx-vgmx
- Est. delivery by Dec 12
All listings for this product
Best Selling in Fiction & Literature
The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings: Deluxe Pocket Boxed Set by J. R. R. Tolkien (2014, Book, Other)
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
Shaken : Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms by Tim Tebow (2016, Hardcover)
Save on Fiction & Literature
- $26.97Trending at $27.94
- $13.99Trending at $18.50
- $8.71Trending at $8.99
- $15.00Trending at $18.70
- $14.99Trending at $17.48
- $59.99Trending at $87.08
- $12.98Trending at $16.11
About this product
- SynopsisSTEPHEN KING "RETURNS TO HIS GLORY DAYS OF THE STAND" ( New York Daily News) WITH HIS NEW #1 BESTSELLING EPIC Just down Route 119 in Chester's Mill, Maine, all hell is about to break loose. . . . On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day, a small town is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and rain down flaming wreckage. A gardener's hand is severed as the dome descends. Cars explode on impact. Families are separated and panic mounts. No one can fathom what the barrier is, where it came from, and whenor ifit will go away. Now a few intrepid citizens, led by an Iraq vet turned short-order cook, face down a ruthless politician dead set on seizing the reins of power under the dome. But their main adversary is the dome itself. Because time isn't just running short. It's running out.,Stephen King's bestselling tour-de-force, Under the Dome, is now available completely unabridged on MP3 CD for the amazing low price of $14.99 and will coincide with the hardcover and audio of King's latest novel, 11/22/63. On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester's Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener's hand is severed as 'the dome' comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and whenor ifit will go away. Dale Barbara, Iraq vet and now a short-order cook, finds himself teamed with a few intrepid citizenstown newspaper owner Julia Shumway, a physician's assistant at the hospital, a select-woman, and three brave kids. Against them stands Big Jim Rennie, a politician who will stop at nothingeven murderto hold the reins of power, and his son, who is keeping a horrible secret in a dark pantry. But their main adversary is the Dome itself. Because time isn't just short. It's running out.,Stephen Kingâs bestselling tour-de-force, Under the Dome, is now available completely unabridged on MP3 CD for the amazing low price of $14.99 and will coincide with the hardcover and audio of Kingâs latest novel, 11/22/63. On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chesterâs Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardenerâs hand is severed as âthe domeâ comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and whenor ifit will go away. Dale Barbara, Iraq vet and now a short-order cook, finds himself teamed with a few intrepid citizenstown newspaper owner Julia Shumway, a physicianâs assistant at the hospital, a select-woman, and three brave kids. Against them stands Big Jim Rennie, a politician who will stop at nothingeven murderto hold the reins of power, and his son, who is keeping a horrible secret in a dark pantry. But their main adversary is the Dome itself. Because time isnât just short. Itâs running out.
- AuthorStephen King
- Edition DescriptionUnabridged
- Publication Date2011-11-08
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Audio
- Number of Volumes3 vols.
- Weight4.8 Oz
- Height0.6 In.
- Width5 In.
- Length5.8 In.
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition22
- Read byRaul Esparza
- Reviews" Dome is classic King, sure to please any fan." -- Baltimore Sun," Under the Dome moves so fast and grips the reader so tightly that it's practically incapacitating." -- Newsday,"A wildly entertaining trip." -- People (3.5 stars),"King returns to his glory days of The Stand ." -- New York Daily News,"Propulsively intriguing... Staggeringly addictive." -- USA Today,"Spellbinding."-- ABCnews.com,"Stephen King's Under the Dome was one of my favourite books of the year so far." -- Neil Gaiman,"The work of a master storyteller having a whole lot of fun." -- Los Angeles Times,"Tight and energetic from start to finish... Hard as this thing is to hoist, it's even harder to put down." -- New York Times
Most relevant reviews
- moonbeam*09Jun 08, 2013by
Good Audio Book, Clear and the narration is precise.
I bought this so I would get an idea of what it was about before the 13 wk Mini Series came out on television. The audio book is interesting and I've enjoyed it a lot. What I don't like about this product is when I put it into my CD player in the car I can't stop it and start it again without going to the beginning of the chapter, of course this is probably not the CD's fault, I'm still learning about the MP3 CD's and just CD's in general, I'm not that old but I'm old school I'm use to tapes, CD's are easier and clearer but it does take getting use to, at least for me. I really can't compare it to other products like this because this is my first one.
- beverlysemporiu...Jun 12, 2010by
"Under the Dome" by Stephen King
I have recently found the wonderful world of audio books and I listen to them in my car, I find it is a great way to catch up on books I don't have time to sit and read or one's I'm collecting and don't want to open. I just finished listiening to this and all I can say is WOW! "The Stand" has always been one of my favorite books and this is right up there with it.... "Under the Dome" is a panorama of interlocking stories that take place in the small community of Chester’s Mill, Maine, where one day a transparent dome over 30,000 feet high and presumably as deep suddenly and unaccountably appears over the town cutting it off from any other place. Soon after the dome appears, the ground becomes littered with dead birds who have flown into the clear dome at full force. Before long it is discovered that not even planes, cars, missiles or anything solid is able to break through. Residents and visitors alike realize they are stuck indefinitely inside the walls of the dome with only a small water and air supply. The tale focuses around the people of the town rather than the where or why this dome appreared but all questions will be answered eventually. Similar to the "The Stand" in that it is an apocalypic tale between good and evil with some characters that you will love and others that are so completely evil you will dread what they are going to do next. Don't pass this one by, it is AWESOME and destined to be another great read in American literature.Read full review
- teppsnNov 25, 2009by
Stephen King is a master of the written word
At 1038 pages this book at first appears daunting at best. The average reader will probably have a difficult time even thinking about picking this book up and that would be a mistake. Not since The Stand has the master story teller, Stephen King put together a plot twisted, character laden book that is not only difficult to put down, but so easy to follow. The book takes place in Chester's Mill, a small town in Maine that is one day put 'Under the Dome' but the true story is the people, and there are a lot of them, so many that King put a list of the cast of characters in the book to help the reader keep track of who everyone is. The book is full of suspense and full of character twists. You get caught up in the lives of each and every character. Any true King fan will love this book and if you have never read a Stephen King book this is a great one to start with. Get this book at any price, it is well worth the money and the time involved in reading it.Read full review
- djmikedeeJan 12, 2010by
"Under The Dome" - Stephen King (AudioBook)
"Under the Dome" is Stephen King's best story line in years. It's reminiscent of the strong, multi-character, inter-woven stories that King developed for masterpieces like "It" and "The Stand" a couple decades ago. "Under the Dome" requires patience. It is a big text and takes some time for characters to develop. Listening to it on audiobook in the evenings helps with that concentration level. The orator does a fine job keeping the listener captivated. This is my first experience with a fiction audiobook. I always thought I would be a reader. I might've been wrong.
- 972onlinebuyerJul 25, 2014by
audiobooks are a great value for the money
I bought this product because I fall asleep if I try to read a book. Audio books do not put me to sleep. I listen on the way to and from work and at lunch and 'read' a book a week. Love Stephen King books.