Toshiba MK6008GAH 60GB Internal 4200RPM 1.8" (HDD1724) HDD
About this product
- Product DescriptionMake your browsing experience a joy with the Toshiba MK6008GAH hard drive. Boasting a memory of 60 GB, this hard drive dependably stores as much information as you need without causing you the delay and frustration of slow processing. Its 1.8-inch form factor makes it suitable for handheld gadgets such as portable audio players, smartphones, laptops, and more. In addition, the MK6008GAH has an impressive 4200 RPM that gives you fast access to your data, making it a great investment for both business and personal use, while its 2 GB cache memory stores copies of data from frequently visited sites so that you can access and retrieve information faster.
- Buffer Size2MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed4200RPM
- InterfaceATA/ATAPI-6,DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
- DesignationLaptop Computer
- External Data Transfer Rate100Mbps
- Internal Data Transfer Rate35.41 Mbit/s
- Form Factor1.8"
- Seek Time15 ms
- Sound Emission16 dB
- Height0.31 in.
- Width2.12 in.
- Depth2.79 in.
- Weight0.13 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- nenadpuhaloJul 12, 2016by
Disk is quite good, working as expected...
Hope to last long time ;)
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- rwstarinskySep 03, 2010by
Product Review - Toshiba 60GB 1.8" SATA Drive
I used this drive to replace a very slow (and small) 16gb SSHD in my HP Mini netbook. The SSHD turned out be a real performance dog. Apparently Windows XP doesn't work well with at least some of these drives - something about writing and overwriting; it's done in blocks not bytes - therefore lot's of trash buidup on the drive occurs and three is seemingly no easy way to clean this up - I found myself out of space when I should have had about 4-6gb available.
Apparently Windows 7 has a 'trim' command that helps remedy this problem. However, to accomplish a Windows 7 upgrade I needed a larger drive than 16gb, so I simply scrapped the SSHD and opted for a real hard drive (this one) instead.
I selected this drive for three reasons - 1. hardware compatibility with my MINI, 2. manufacturer reputation (I've had Toshiba drives/laptops before and they are troublefree) and 3. a reputable e-bay vendor had a very fair 'buy it now' price and free shipping on this drive.
The only cautionary note I can make about this drive is about installing this drive given the design of the ZIF cable connector - it's a bit confusing/difficult to unlock/lock the cable down on the drive connector (and I have small hands!). I used some 'blue' painters tape to fully secure the cable into the connector.
I recommend watching the videos on the Internet about how to install this drive if you're making an HP Mini drive upgrade like I did - they are fantastic!Read full review
- josearielortizMar 05, 2010by
Toshiba MK6008GAH 60 GB ATA-100 Hard Drive Review
I bought this Hard disk for my Laptop that require this type of it.
It is a very good one and operational functioning with out any king of problem. for it has a plenty of space enough for a normal home use.
There is only one point that need to be mention about this product.
I found the ZIF type connector of this Hard disk a high trick to be connect.
I recommend to see a "you Tube" video related to ZIF type connectorson hard disk before pretend to install a cable to it. You may probable damage it you did not realized that task previously as it occured to me previously.
Any thing after that may be redundant to say that you are dealing with a high Quality product.
- fatcat*11Oct 08, 2011by
Expensive and hard to find. But work great
These are actually ipod hard drives that work in The Dell D430 computers. They are very small and VERY EXPENSIVE and hard to find. But other than being expensive they work great.
- zafw187May 08, 2009by
The Toshiba drive
I'm love it.
I purchased this so that I can fix up my Zune 30GB. It's 60GB so it doubles the original size and for the price I got it for was very reasonable. I must say as far as the physical form factor, it is slightly bigger than the 30GB, obviously, so if you plan to put this in the Zune this will BARELY fit.
Other than that, performance wise, I really can't say. It performs just as well as the 30GB, I haven't really given it a stress test or anything but it does the job for me very well. So Thanks Toshiba! For creating an awesome drive for a reasonable price!