Top Secret Restaurant Recipes : Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains by Todd Wilbur (1997, Paperback)
Top Selling in Nonfiction
Eat Fat, Get Thin : Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health by Mark Hyman (2016, Hardcover)
Great Prices on Nonfiction
- $12.40Trending at $12.75
- $15.99Trending at $19.95
- $10.58Trending at $10.75
- $16.75Trending at $19.23
- $14.75Trending at $16.47
- $6.75Trending at $6.90
- $5.99Trending at $9.63
About this product
- SynopsisIn 1996, Americans spent over $100 billion gobbling up meals at full-service American restaurant chains, inspiring Todd Wilbur to change his focus from cracking the recipes for convenience store foods to cloning the popular dishes served at these sit-down stand-bys. Wilbur's knock-offs, absolutely indiscernible from the originals, are selected from national and regional chains, many drawn from a list of the top ten full-service restaurant chains, including Houlihan's, Red Lobster, and Pizza Hut. Also included in this savory cookbook is a special section devoted to dishes from hot theme restaurants such as Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, and Dive! Recipes include: Applebee's Quesadillas; Denny's Moons Over My Hammy; Bennigan's Cookie Mountain Sundae; The Olive Garden Toscana Soup; The Cheesecake Factory Bruschetta; T.G.I.Friday's Nine-Layer Dip; Pizza Hut Original Stuffed Crust Pizza; Chi-Chi's Nachos Grande, and many more!,Todd Wilbur, the irrepressible restaurant recipe knockoff artist, is back. Thanks to Wilbur's latest Top Secret mission -- to re-create some of America's most popular food products without the fat -- readers can now feast guilt-free on their favorite snacks. The easy-to-follow recipes, along with Wilbur's patented blueprint illustrations, are guaranteed to produce healthier homemade treats that taste identical to the real thing -- like Nabisco RM Reduced-Fat Oreo RM Cookies or Entenmann's Light RM Low-Fat Cinnamon Rolls. Wilbur also tackles some familiar restaurant delights, including Bennigan's RM Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, McDonald's RM Arch Deluxe RM and Egg McMuffin, RM and Wendy's RM Chicken Caesar Fresh StufFed Pita RM -- concocting them all at a fraction of the calories and at a fraction of the cost. Once again, the intrepid Todd Wilbur goes where no food writer has gone before -- and proves that when it comes to providing recipes for food that diners really want to eat, he is the peoples' choice.
- AuthorTodd Wilbur
- Number Of Pages336 pages
- Publication Date1997-06-01
- PublisherPenguin Publishing Group
- Copyright Date1997
- Weight11.5 Oz
- Height0.9 In.
- Width6 In.
- Length9 In.
- Grade From12
- Grade Toup
- Age Range18 - UP
- LC Classification NumberTX715..W6587 1997
- Dewey Decimal641.5973
- Dewey Edition21
Most relevant reviews
- garyneteFeb 12, 2010by
The book is not only fun to read, and has some awsome clones but really comes through with a great knock off on the recipes I have tried. I made Weinersnitzels chili clone today and it wasn't perfect but I did use a different chili powder. It was darn close!! and one of the closest I have tasted trying to find a store brand. I have also tried a few others and though not perfect are soooo close you can't complain and it also gives you an idea to possibly perfect the exact taste. I tried the Olive Garden Penne Rustica a week ago and it was soooooo close and sooooooo good!! Never need to go there again for that craving. The books are enlightning and if not exact, will give you great flavors and an EGO boost as well as teaching you sublimanally how many things go together as far as spices go. Love the books and want to own them all!!Read full review
- 1026768026@dele...Oct 09, 2010by
This is an older book, so some of the restaurants are no longer in business, but the recipes sounded delicious nonetheless. It has for each recipe a detailed item list, a step by step preparation list, and to top it off detailed diagrams how the place puts the item together such as a sandwich's order. The recipes are not difficult to make either. Fairly simple and not expensive ingredients. It is a very good item for a family that likes to eat out, but in tough times has to cut back. So you can still enjoy the same great tastes from home. I will definitely be looking into buying the next volume.
- justis0_0Apr 03, 2012by
You will not be disappointed
I saw Todd on Dr. Oz and purchashed top secret recipies part 3. The book was so good that I purcahased this one as well. I have yet to make anything but it looks pretty easy
- 145110773@delet...Sep 08, 2008by
Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur
I love this book. Todd Wilbur has duplicated many of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite restaurants. I have tried three of the recipes so far and am very pleased with how close they are to the original. I've already picked out several more recipes that I want to try in the next week or so. This is also a great gift idea. I'm getting one for a friend who likes to eat at the same places I like. She'll love it as much as I do! I've already ordered two more of Todd Wilbur's book so I'm really sold on his books.
- critterbearJan 25, 2011by
Awesome book! Recommend to everyone!
I love all of Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Restaurant Recipe books. They're all pretty easy to prepare and taste identical to the real restaurant dishes!