Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (1900, Paperback)
Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $13.99Trending at $17.45
- $23.98Trending at $29.97
- $14.95Trending at $18.13
- $14.61Trending at $14.91
- $10.50Trending at $14.99
- $15.85Trending at $20.14
- $7.50Trending at $8.25
About this product
- Synopsis"Belongs in the category ... of enduring American literature." -- Saturday Review Fair and long-legged, independent and articulate, Janie Crawford sets out to be her own person -- no mean feat for a black woman in the '30s. Janie's quest for identity takes her through three marriages and into a journey back to her roots.,Fair and long-legged, independent and articulate, Janie Crawford sets out to be her own person -- no mean feat for a black woman in the '30s. Janie's quest for identity takes her through three marriages and into a journey back to her roots.,First published in 1937, Their Eyes Were Watching God is Zora Neale Hurston's most highly acclaimed novel. A classic of black literature, Their Eyes Were Watching God belongs in the same category--with that of William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Ernest Hemingway--of enduring American literature.--Saturday Review.
- AuthorZora Neale Hurston
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Weight6.4 Oz
- Height1.1 In.
- Width5.1 In.
- Length8.1 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3515.U789T639 1990
- Dewey Decimal813/.52
- Dewey Edition21
- Foreword byMary Helen Washington
Most relevant reviews
- seraphofcolorMar 24, 2010by
Their Eyes Were Watching God
This is an odyssey of a mulatto womans battle to be loved by a man the way she wants to be loved but to also maintain a degree of dignity within her community. The struggles are real in that one's heart is not always for what is considered good for us. The relationship with a wealthy man and then with a blue-collar man present a contrast that is relevant even by contemporary standards. While I enjoyed the story, and relieved that it does come full circle, I was disappointed in the resolution that left me wondering into what avenues will the next chapter of heroines life will take her.
- fashionsplurgesAug 20, 2011by
great book!!! a classic novel taught in school across the nation. an inspiring novel for generations to come!!!
- so-cal-treasure...Nov 16, 2010by
Their Eyes Were Watching God
I had to purchase this book as it was an assigned reading title for my AP English class in high school. By the title I was not that excited to read it but once I started I could not put it down. A great read with morals :)
- myfutureismineAug 23, 2010by
excellent service, fast shipping, great condition
bought this for classroom supply and it was on the reading list for my daughter. A great classic and wonderful read.
- renibansez1985Jul 19, 2010by
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
I LIKE THE BOOK GOOD PRICING ANN QUALITY I DECIDED TO BUY THE BOOK FOR TRADITIONAL BELIEFS AND ALSO SINCE THIS BOOK IS ONE OF MY REQUIREMENTS FOR MY ENGLISH CLASS SO FAR THE BOOK AND MESSAGES OF THE AUTHOR'S IDEAS AND THE PROJECTIONS IT REPRESENT SEEMED QUITE INTERESTING