The Mitch Rapp: Act of Treason 7 by Vince Flynn (2006, Hardcover)
About this product
- SynopsisCIA operative Mitch Rapp follows a trail of contract killers leading directly to the heart of our nation's capital in New York Times bestselling author Vince Flynn's eighth explosive thriller. It's a gorgeous autumn day in Georgetown. The Democratic candidates for president and vice president of the United States are dutifully glad-handing voters and the media outside a grand estate where a national security conference has just been held, bringing together the world's greatest minds to discuss the issues that are threatening the country. It's American politicking at its best. That's when all hell breaks loose. When presidential candidate Josh Alexander's motorcade is ambushed by a group of terrorists, the nation is thrown into turmoil. Two weeks following the attack, Alexander is carried to victory by a sympathy vote, but his assailants have not been found. On the surface it appears to be the work of al-Qaeda, despite the tremendous job that the U.S. and her allies have done eliminating terrorist cells within the heart of America. While the FBI and the rest of the government begin scouring the world for jihadists, CIA director Irene Kennedy and Special Agent Skip McMahon are presented with classified information so toxic that they consider destroying it altogether, as it contains intelligence pointing to some of the most powerful players in Washington. Enter Mitch Rapp, the one man reckless enough to follow the evidence to its explosive conclusion. His journey takes him through the shadowy world of contract killers, into the darkest corners of the globe, and eventually back to Washington, where the fragile pillars of power are shaken to their core.,Promising an explosive conclusion, Act of Treason is the eighth thriller by New York Times bestselling author Flynn featuring the spine-tingling exploits of CIA operative Mitch Rapp.
- AuthorVince Flynn
- Number Of Pages432 pages
- SeriesThe Mitch Rapp
- Publication Date2006-10-10
- PublisherAtria Books
- Series Volume Number7
- Copyright Date2006
- Weight21.4 Oz
- Height1.4 In.
- Width6.1 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3556.L94A25 2006
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition22
- ReviewsIn "Act of Treason," Vince Flynn shows readers the underside of political power, where mercenaries are born and thrive and betrayal is business as usual. A fast and furious page-turner from beginning to end, "thrillers do not get any better than this."-- "Copley News Service"
Most relevant reviews
- emccullough0602Oct 16, 2006by
Mitch Rapp is an amazing character
Here is another great effort by Vince Flynn. This book reintroduces us to all the normal characters and several new ones, one of whom, may be back in future editions. This is an exciting story and fast paced. Mitch is up to his normal tricks and keeps you guessing until the end. If you have not read any Vince Flynn books, I would suggest going back and starting from the first. It is not necessary to understand this book, but will increase your enjoyment of it as you develop attachments to the characters.
- blastpublishingOct 12, 2006by
Flynn does it again !
By now I think I should be tired of Mitch Rapp The main character of these books. But I am not. Fast paced interesting and brilliant and to a very high degree realistic. I wish this Guy ( Vince Flynn could write a book every 3 months. 2 thumbs up. I read it in 2 days .
- 129397735@delet...Jan 11, 2010by
Author writes a fast moving story .
I really like Vince's style with a fast paced story that has many short chapters. Each chapter adds its own part to the story and then at the end it all comes together. Once I get scan't put the book down until finished.
- 51247301@delete...Jan 03, 2010by
Act of Treason
This is one of the better fictional writers. He maintains your interest throughout the book. The book moves along at a rapid paced and holds your interest throughout out the book.
- softballgrammyJul 07, 2009by
Act of Treason by Vince Flynn
The series of Mitch Rapp by Vince Flynn are action-packed and could very well be non-fiction as fiction. Mr. Flynn is an excellent writer that keeps ones interest from the first page to the end of the book.
I wanted to collect all of the books in hardcover but was only able to get a few and had to purchase softcover for the others. I was please that this one was available.