More items related to this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalls has carved a story with precision and grace out of one of the most chaotic, heart-breaking childhoods... This deeply affecting memoir is a triumph in every possible way, and it does what all good books should: it affirms our faith in the human spirit.' - Dani Shapiro
- Author BiographyJeannette Walls lives in New York and on Long Island and is married to writer John Taylor. She is a regular contributor to MSNBC.com.
- Author(s)Jeannette Walls
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- GenreBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight280 g
- Width199 mm
- Height154 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- simplyredlJan 11, 2013by
Child growing up in America not knowing where her next meal is coming from.
Excellent read. Story of impoverished childhood with an alcoholic father and mentally challenged mother. Very matter of factly written with humour in between the horror but the last chapter is quite emotional.