Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $3.99+ $3.99 Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by fls46
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $10.00+ $4.00 Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by mannysbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- $3.98Free shipping
- Good condition
- Sold by mtwyouth
- Est. delivery by Dec 17
All listings for this product
About this product
- SynopsisBringing together recent discoveries in archaeology with evidence from art, religion, anthropology, sociology, politics, and economics, this national bestseller reveals astounding new knowledge of our past--and potential future. Maps and charts.,The legacy ofthe sacred feminine The Chalice and the Blade tells a new story of our cultural origins. It showsthat warfare and the war of the sexes are neither divinely nor biologicallyordained. It provides verification that a better future is possibleand is in factfirmly rooted in the haunting dramas of what happened in our past.,The phenomenal bestseller, with more than 500,000 copies sold worldwide, now with a new epilogue from the author-- The Chalice and the Blade has inspired a generation of women and men to envision a truly egalitarian society by exploring the legacy of the peaceful, goddess-worshipping cultures from our prehistoric past.
- AuthorRian Eisler,Riane Eisler
- Number Of Pages304 pages
- Publication Date1988-09-21
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Copyright Date1988
- Weight11.5 Oz
- Height0.8 In.
- Width6.1 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberHQ1075.E57 1988
- Dewey Decimal305.3/09
- Dewey Edition19
- Reviews" The Chalice and the Blade may be the most significant work published in all our lifetimes.","Everyone...should have the opportunity to read it.","Some books are like revelations, they open the spirit to unimaginable possibilities. The Chalice and the Blade is one of those magnificent key books that can transform us and... initiate fundamental changes in the world.","The most important book since Darwin's Origin of Species .","Validates a belief in humanity's capacity for benevolence and cooperation in the face of so much destruction.",â The Chalice and the Blade may be the most significant work published in all our lifetimes.â,âEveryoneâŠshould have the opportunity to read it.â,âSome books are like revelations, they open the spirit to unimaginable possibilities. The Chalice and the Blade is one of those magnificent key books that can transform us andâŠ initiate fundamental changes in the world.â,âThe most important book since Darwinâs Origin of Species .â,âValidates a belief in humanityâs capacity for benevolence and cooperation in the face of so much destruction.â,“ The Chalice and the Blade may be the most significant work published in all our lifetimes.”,“Everyone…should have the opportunity to read it.”,“Some books are like revelations, they open the spirit to unimaginable possibilities. The Chalice and the Blade is one of those magnificent key books that can transform us and… initiate fundamental changes in the world.”,“The most important book since Darwin’s Origin of Species .”,“Validates a belief in humanity’s capacity for benevolence and cooperation in the face of so much destruction.”
Most relevant reviews
- daniegallego-8Aug 12, 2016by
An Interesting Argument
Eisler's The Chalice and the Blade is an interesting examination of the development of human culture from the Paleolithic to the present. It is worth considering, but would benefit being supplemented with alternative ideas.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 200831880@delet...Nov 03, 2012by
This is a MUST READ for all!
I puschased a second copy of Tue Chalice and The Blade so I would have the book at hand when my origional is loaned out. I believe it is a book every one needs to read. It gives one some insight into the dominator mindset, and what is happening to our society. My fear is that unless the human race gets a grip on how we think, and embraces the partener mindset, we will trash this earth and join the extinct species.
- quemaasMar 10, 2009by
Riane Eisler's "The Chalice and the Blade"
I am so enthralled with this book that I have bought several copies for friends. It is a bit scholarly for some people's taste, but is a fascinating and well-written discussion of the historical perspective on the patriarchal versus matriarchal cultural models and the application to modern times and peoples. I highy recommend it for anyone interested in gender roles in culture and history. A great companion book for additional study is Leonard Shlain's "The Alphabet Versus the Goddess", which uses the left brain/right brain model to compare patriarchal and matriarchal societies over time and explains the cultural and historical origins of our current medical and mathematical paradigms. Both provide much food for thought and hope for the future of human society.
- 236626678@delet...Sep 11, 2007by
The Chalice & the Blade
I have a 'to read' list- if I get a second "Did you read?" recommend, it climbs up the list & I begin my ebay search to buy it now. What I loved about this book- was all the elements of a great read to me. Evolution, human nature, archaeology, power struggle between men & women, and above all- history. Some consider this book to have a feminist agenda but I found she showed equality and harmony between the genders. I only wished the chapters delved deeper. I believe this author with all her source material got edited to the bare bone. Editors should let the reader seperate more of the chaff from the wheat themselves. I get the inkling there was another story left on the editing table.
- nursemommyof3Feb 03, 2007by
Woman VS. Man - Who holds the key to the right society?
While not an everyday read, this is a deep book about the role of how traditional women and men's social roles affect the world we live in. When females Goddess' were worshipped there was more sharing of resources, and now that the male figure is seen as who we worship in Christian and non-Christian religions, we are more about oppression of others for our own benefit and profit. Must read for feminists!
Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America (2002, Paperback)
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $77.99Trending at $94.64
- $194.95Trending at $261.19
- $36.97Trending at $58.90
- $38.75Trending at $67.19
- $19.99Trending at $27.52
- $12.94Trending at $13.54
- $30.71Trending at $31.49