Brand NewLOWEST PRICE
- $0.99+ $3.95 Shipping
- Brand New condition
- Sold by your_online_bookstore
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $5.50+ $2.50 Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by lashaqdaddy
- See details for delivery est.
- $3.97Free shipping
- Good condition
- Sold by betterworldbooks
- Est. delivery by Dec 22
All listings for this product
About this product
- SynopsisJo Frost, a.k.a "Supernanny," is the answer to every stressed parent's dreams. In ABC's primetime series, Jo works miracles on problem children by dispensing no-nonsense rules and reassuring us that parents do know best. The Supernanny method gives parents the know-how to tackle any problem area, be it mealtime, bathtime, bedtime, bedwetting, homework, sibling rivalry, aggressive behavior, or a child who just won't do what he or she is told. In an era where parents are bombarded with conflicting or guilt-laden messages at every turn, and sometimes obey their kids' commands rather than the other way around, this is an upbeat, back-to-basics approach to restoring harmony and authority in the home. Chapters include: Ages and Stages Routines and Rules Setting Boundaries Dressing Toilet Training Eating Social Skills Bedtime Quality Time,Jo Frost, a.k.a. SuperNanny, is the answer to every stressed-out parent's dreams. In Abc's upcoming primetime tv series by the same name, Jo works miracles on problem children by dispensing hard-won wisdom and reassuring us that parents really do know best. The SuperNanny method gives parents the know-how to tackle problem areas such as mealtime, bath time, bedtime, bedwetting, homework, sibling rivalry, aggressive behavior, or a child who just won't do what he or she is told to do. Divided into action-oriented problem and solution sections, SuperNanny will show parents how to restore harmony and authority in the home using the SuperNanny's ten basic rules.,Meet Supernanny Jo Frost, a modern-day Mary Poppins here to rescue today's beleaguered parents by offering up her practical, road-tested methods of childrearing in an indispensable new book based on her upcoming ABC-TV series. Jo Frost, a.k.a. Supernanny, is the answer to every stressed-out parent's dreams. In ABC's upcoming primetime TV series by the same name, Jo works miracles on problem children by dispensing hard-won wisdom and reassuring us that parents really do know best. The Supernanny method gives parents the know-how to tackle problem areas such as mealtime, bath time, bedtime, bedwetting, homework, sibling rivalry, aggressive behavior, or a child who just won't do what he or she is told to do. Divided into action-oriented problem and solution sections, Supernanny will show parents how to restore harmony and authority in the home using the Supernanny's ten basic rules and her effective, no-nonsense approach to problem-solving. For example: Problem: What if your child refuses to go to bed? Supernanny Solution: Develop a bedtime routine so that the child can get used to a consistent pattern that she is not going to be able to change or manipulate. A routine will set up a calming sequence of events that will be designed to help the child relax. Problem: Toilet-training Supernanny Solution: Prepare your child by taking any hint of shame or disgust out of what is simply a natural fact of life. Keep the door open, bring her into the bathroom with you, and explain what's happening, including the use of toilet paper and the washing of hands afterward.
- AuthorJo Frost
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- Publication Date2005-01-12
- PublisherHyperion Press
- Copyright Date2005
- Weight20.4 Oz
- Height0.5 In.
- Width7.2 In.
- Length8.8 In.
- Grade From8
- Grade ToCollege Graduate Student
- Age Range18
- LC Classification NumberHQ770.4
- Dewey Decimal649.64
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- quabbalahnewbieAug 19, 2013by
Great information. Gives one a base to develop your own system.
Jo Frost is an inspiration. When the family unit is under threat, and many parents have underlying problems themselves, Jo, in simply ways gives the parent effective tool to raise their child. Children can be your worst nightmare, but also the greatest and most positive thing a person can do. With simple techniques, and a mature, calm attitude, Jo's influence must be phenomenal in today's world. This book is no exceptioion. No book can do everything, as anything can happen, but reading Jo's book's gives the 'methods' for different behavior, but then we seem to create our own methods, using Jo's as a base. We sort of take into consideration all she has taught, and applied that in other ways, and our little girl is very happy, and well behaved.
- 1hockeyfan33Dec 01, 2010by
Supernanny by Jo Frost - Highly Recommended
If you are interested in giving your children respect by treating them as people instead of possessions, this book will give you valuable tips on getting the best from your little people. Although there is a fine line between fear and respect, there is a difference. I for one want my children to respect me, not fear me. Please know, even though physical punishment is not a practice recommended in this book, it is not about No discipline. Its a different way to discipline. If you are satisfied with your children blindly following orders because they know they will get the crap smacked out of them if they don't; and if you don't have any respect for your children as people; and if you think society as a whole is in great shape and all the parents who yell, scream and beat their children have done a GREAT job (evident by the over-crowded prison system), then this book is probably too intellectually advanced for you. Before I had kids, I was NOT time-out kind of person. However then I had a revelation. I learn things every day; in school, at work; no one has to hit me to get a point across. My children learn many many things with no physical violence required. For example, spell the word Green or add 2+2. I never had to hit them for them to learn those things. If you want your children to listen to you because they respect you and know you are looking out for them as opposed to only listening to you because you are bigger and can hit harder...this book will help you get through the more challenging times. Because it is not always easy. It can however, be easier! Read the book! Given the stresses that grownups face, it is sometimes all too easy to lose control of ourselves when dealing with our children. This book helps you recognize when you are losing control and gives you tips on keeping your head. I highly recommend reading the book! Your children are people living in a democratic society, but in our homes, parents often take the roll of a dictator. Think about it for a minute. If we dealt with our co-workers the way we deal with our children, how long would we be employed? If you treated your friends like you treat your kids, how many friends would you have? If you bully your kids just because you can but you know you would never treat a grown up that way, consider reading this book. A wise person knows there is always room for improvement! Additionally, if you provide no discipline for your children, or are one that doesn't want to damage their self-image by telling them no...You too should read the book! New parent, expectant parent, experienced parent, or just that person in the store that says "if you don't want to spank your kid, I'll do it for you", I think everyone should read this book. We just might find we have a far less violent society if we can teach our kids that there are better ways to deal with situations than "knocking them into next week". What a revelation. Read the book!Read full review
- 952663746@delet...Sep 01, 2009by
Informative Read- Lots of Ideas and easy to comprehend.
My boyfriend is a huge fan of the show.I saw the book on ebay for a low bid and decided to go for it. I had no idea at the time how many great things I would learn from this book. Jo Frost talks to the reader in terms that are relatable. I was taken back by how many situations she spoke about that my family had gone through. I thought they were only happening to us.I had no clue it happened to others.
- 69670087@delete...Jul 01, 2007by
An easy to implement guide to raising your children!
I bought this book when my son was 18 months and my daughter was almost 3 years old. We were going through the terrible two's for 2 children at the same time. My husband had a new job and our schedules at the time where hardly overlapping so that we were both home with the kids at the same time. We needed help and we needed it now! Supernanny was a blessing. She keeps it simple in her book and the book is set up so you can skip right to the chapter that you need when you need it or read it cover to cover. She covers everything we needed from potty training to sleeping through the night, and how to organize your day and still allow for some flexibility. She will take you through the steps from the time your kids wake up to the time they go to bed. And best of all she even covers getting in quality time with your spouse. If you want peace of mind and want it now, GET THIS BOOK and start implementing it today.Read full review
- fsorto97Jun 11, 2006by
Loved It ! ! !
As simple and easy to follow as her TV show, this book helps explain why toddlers (and beyond) act the way that they do. No, they are purposely trying to make you late to work every day, for example, my three year old is excited about trying to button his own shirt. I have started to leave more time for these "little things" in the mornings. I let my 5 & 3 yr olds put their own clothes on in the morning and slip their shoes on. I realized I'd held my 5 yr old back by dressing him myself every morning because I could do it faster, often while he was still asleep. I also have made House Rules that we all agreed upon (the kids, my husband, and me) and we printed them out (along with clip art next to each rule to let my pre-readers memorize the picture to go with the rule. Now I just tell them each morning to tell me the 6 rules of the day, and they start in, "No climbing on the cabinets or furniture." Basically, she just thought me through this book what I realistically could expect of my children, and how to push them to do their able best, as well as to understand when I am expecting too much from my toddlers. Thank you.Read full review
Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $66.99Trending at $81.04
- $194.95Trending at $261.19
- $36.97Trending at $58.90
- $38.75Trending at $67.19
- $12.94Trending at $13.54
- $1.58Trending at $3.15
- $76.00Trending at $122.72