Starting an eBay Business for Dummies by Marsha Collier (2004, Paperback, Revised)
About this product
- SynopsisIncorporating the latest features and functions of eBay, an easy-to-follow guide for would-be entrepreneurs explains how to use eBay to start an online business, discussing product acquisition, auction management tools, shipping options, legal issues, and record-keeping. Original.,Want to pick up extra cash? Explore opening an eBay store? Unload your dusty disco albums or the collection of antlers in the basement? Hey, those poor, dead deer could lead to a rich, lively career. Whether you want to build an eBay business from scratch or just want to make sure you're up on eBay's policy changes and taking advantage of new automation tools, this guide will have you selling successfully on eBay faster than you can say, "going...going..."Starting an eBay Business For Dummies 2 nd Edition gets you organized and in virtual business fast with step-by-step guidance on: Setting up basic auctions Pricing items or setting minimums strategically Using the About Me page to begin creating a professional identity Finding sources of merchandise (once you exhaust your basement, attic, and relatives) Managing your business with online auction management services and software, including a list of 16 popular sites with their prices Writing tempting descriptions and taking good photographs of merchandise Selecting payment systems (and why shipping C.O.D. is a no-no) Handling inventory and keeping records Written by Marsha Collier, author of eBay For Dummies and eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies, an eBay PowerSeller, columnist, and teacher at eBay University, this book is packed with time-saving, money-saving tips plus secret eBay hints to help you compete with the pros from the get go. It gives you inside information on: eBay motors, real estate, and other unusual areas Dutch auctions, reserve price auctions, and private auctions Using an eBay fee calculator to check your final value fees Shipping and insuring merchandise efficiently and economically Printing shipping labels and postage Complete with a glossary and index, Starting an eBay Business For Dummies 2 nd Edition is just what you need to get started selling on eBay, to graduate from occasional seller to PowerSeller, or to become a genuine eBay entrepreneur like the ten whose success stories are featured in this book!
- AuthorMarsha Collier
- Number Of Pages408 pages
- Edition DescriptionRevised
- Publication Date2004-09-17
- PublisherWiley & Sons, Incorporated, John
- Edition Number2
- Copyright Date2004
- Weight19.2 Oz
- Height0.9 In.
- Width7.4 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberHF5476
- Dewey Decimal658.8/7
- Dewey Edition22
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentIntroduction. Part I: Getting Serious about eBay. Chapter 1: Using eBay to Launch Your Business. Chapter 2: The Finer Points of eBay Selling. Chapter 3: Cool eBay Tools. Chapter 4: Practicing Safe Selling. Chapter 5: Your Very Own eBay Store. Part II: Setting Up Shop. Chapter 6: Stocking the Store. Chapter 7: Knowing the Value of What You're Selling. Chapter 8: Establishing a Base of Operations: Your Web Site. Part III: Business Is Business _ No Foolin' Around! Chapter 9: Software Built for Online Auctions. Chapter 10: Dollars and Sense: Budgeting and Marketing Your Auctions. Chapter 11: Jazzing Up Your Auctions. Chapter 12: Providing Excellent Customer Service. Chapter 13: When the Money Comes Rolling In. Chapter 14: Getting It from Your Place to Theirs. Part IV: Your eBay Back Office. Chapter 15: Going Legit. Chapter 16: Practicing Safe and Smart Record-Keeping. Chapter 17: Building an eBay Back Office. Part V: The Part of Tens. Chapter 18: Ten Successful eBay Sellers and Their Stories. Chapter 19: Ten Other Places to Move Merchandise. Part VI: Appendixes. Appendix A: Glossary. Appendix B: The Hows and Whys of a Home Network. Index.
Most relevant reviews
- swamp.book.ware...Feb 19, 2015by
Dummies books are a great read. To educate oneself is easy with these books
I purchased this to educate myself. They must have a time machine to get back to 2004 when this book was new. Looks and feels like the first day it was released.
- dukekrausOct 03, 2009by
quit your crying
Unemployed, can't find a job and all you can do is cry...woe is me. Get a computer, an ISP and the book...start your own business...cheaper than rent on a store. Spend a little time reading...less than college and better than standing in the unemployment line. Crying about lousy working conditions...not any more, your the boss you set the hours, you make the rules. Still crying...the system is against me...you are the system...get the book dummy, give it a shot and quit you whining.
- momsandpopsclos...Jan 17, 2007by
Starting an eBay Bussiness START HERE
This book is easy to understand, informative and to the point. Even if you don't start an eBay business, you'll have a better understanding of eBay and how to sell by using this book. I believe that I could suppliment or make a living on e-Bay because of this book.
But I won't lie, it takes alot of effort and time if you are to be succesful at a e-bay store. I did it for 2 months while I was still working my full time job, as a little experiment. I had some success because of this book, and I just touched the tip of the iceberg . Its good to know I could make money if I had to. When I retire in 10 years, I'll probably buy the newest version of this book and start an e-bay business full/part time. BUY THIS BOOK
- 326648687@delet...Jun 08, 2006by
Starting and Ebay Business for Dummies
This is a great book! It is full of information and facts that are important in starting up an eBay business. It is easy reading and capable of holding one's interest. It also has the ability to alow the reader to pick it up or put it down at any point. Any reader will be able to go to any topic in the book at any time and glean out of any chapter what they are interested at the moment. I bought this book to help me set up an eBay business for myself. The information in it is clear and easy to follow. I like being able to go back to any chapter and read over what I am working on that day in the process of setting up my own business. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is contemplating starting an eBay business.
- jsilsbMar 13, 2006by
Great book with great explanations about eBay selling
This book really does have something for everyone that plays in the eBay arena. Author Marsha Collier gives you real world advice on not only how to sell, but how to research what to sell and find out how much it will sell for. Now obviously the book cannot tell you how popular something may be, but it teaches you just about every way to find out.
What I appreciated the most about this book is how serious it talks about running your eBay business like... a business. Marsha helps you understand the basics from setting up your back office (inventory, taxes, computer networking and more) to taking great photographs and writting item descriptions that will sell. I am constantly re-reading certain areas of the book to help me fine tune the small amount of sales I do with my part-time hobby. I plan on expanding my sales in the future, and this book will help anyone (including myself) do just that.
Thank you for the time you have taken to read my short simple review of this great book. Retail price for this book is $24.99 and can be found at any book store. Even better, search right here on eBay for a copy!Read full review