Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (Sega Genesis, 1993)
About this product
- Product InformationBeing trapped in an amusement park isn't as carefree or harmless as it might sound, which you will soon discover in Spider-Man/X-men Arcade's Revenge for Sega Genesis. Playing some of Marvels most famous superheroes, including Storm, Gambit, and Cyclops, you will not only need to break free of your prison, but use your formidable powers to ultimately defeat Arcade. Whether you are an adamantium wielding Wolverine, a web slinging Spidey, or any of the other playable superheroes, you will face off against various challenges throughout this platforming game. These obstacles include flying demons, robotic versions of popular villains, doom bombs, and even killer clowns.
- PublisherFlying Edge
- GameSpider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
- PlatformSega Genesis
- GenreAction, Adventure
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year1993
Most relevant reviews
- covert_operatio...Feb 15, 2014by
great classic game
In the first level, the player controls Spider-Man who must use his spider sense to disarm several bombs located throughout the immediate exterior and maze-like entrance to an abandoned building. After the player completes this level, Spider-Man learns that the evil mastermind Arcade has kidnapped Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Gambit. The player must successfully complete each character's level (each set in Arcade's deadly "Murderworld") in order to get to control Spider-Man in a final battle with Arcade:
Spider-Man's levels: New York City rooftops with the bosses being the flying demon N'astirh and Shocker in the first stage, with Rhino and Carnage in the second stage.
Storm's levels: Underwater maze level with Storm having a limited air supply. Her bosses are various machines used to control the giant tank-like levels.
Wolverine's levels: Fun house first level, with duplicates of the clown villain Obnoxio as enemies, and the boss being Apocalypse. A rampaging Juggernaut chases him throughout the second stage.
Gambit's levels: Doom caves two levels, both of which take place in a cave where a giant spiked ball is chasing him; the first level boss being a giant playing card, the final boss a gigantic version of Selene.
Cyclops' levels: Two stages, each set in Genosha underground Sentinel mines, plus a final boss stage featuring Master Mold.
After completing each stage, the player controls each hero as they fight in similar-designed mini-levels themed after the "behind-the-scenes" of Murderworld. The only character to have a significant change is Storm, who now walks, shoots multiple bolts of lightning rapidly and calls upon gusts of wind, and jumps about four times the height of the other characters. The last level takes place inside a large room, where Arcade chases Spider-Man back and forth in a large Arcade-shaped robot, which operates like a Matryoshka Doll, until Arcade is finally defeated. The X-Men stand-by at the edges of the room, occasionally attacking on their own.Read full review
- icess122606Sep 18, 2010by
Spiderman xmen arcade's revenge sega genesis
Great game for the sega genesis. Graphics are good. And fun game to play. My son loves playing this game alot and it brings back memories from when My husband played as a child. Good for all ages. Definitely worth paying for.
- *l*i*b*e*r*t*y*Jun 01, 2006by
Spiderman /X-men sega game review
I bought this game because my 4 yr old bugged me to death for it,you know how kids are and i'm mush when it comes to kids, I liked the game as a kid after playing it again for the first time in eons it seems, I wonder why for the life of me I ever liked it but I guess it's for the same reason my son likes it now "It's Spiderman !". Good deal ,good price ,and well worth the enjoyment of watching my kid get a kick out of it.Thanks Ebay
- vincentguitarvi...Jun 12, 2010by
Love this game its so old i love this game you fight you mame you kill you steal you use powers that they have to fight the bad guys with an stuff
- friendmark2003Nov 23, 2008by
spiderman x-men sega
One Reason i bought that game sega x-men Spiderman i was to find it everywhere but Sega game are hard to find now that is why i bought it /