Special Delivery by Danielle Steel (1997, Hardcover)
Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $28.00Trending at $28.59
- $9.75Trending at $12.18
- $10.88Trending at $11.34
- $16.29Trending at $16.92
- $11.79Trending at $11.91
- $15.31Trending at $22.56
- $24.66Trending at $34.52
About this product
- SynopsisIn a novel that explores the fun and challenge, and occasional absurdity, of new beginnings, Danielle Steel tells the story of two people who find love where and when they least expect it.At 59, Jack Watson owns one of the most successful boutiques in Beverly Hills, has two adult children who are the light of his life, and his choice of Hollywood's most beautiful women. After a failed marriage in the distant past, and a brief, tragic affair years afterward, Jack has become the perfect bachelor. And he loves it. Amanda Robbins knew Jack Watson only as her daughter's father-in-law, an incurable playboy whom she dislikes intensely. Theirs had been a relationship based solely upon the marriage of her daughter to his son. And Amanda wants no other relationship with him. But when she becomes a widow unexpectedly, 26 years after she retired from Hollywood stardom to become a wife and mother, Amanda finds herself on unfamiliar ground, and is surprised to find herself both befriended by, and attracted to, Jack Watson. Worse yet, she likes him. There is a lot more to him than she previously suspected.Amanda's shock at her attraction to Jack is equaled only by her children's. Then suddenly, a startling announcement stuns both families, as Jack and Amanda are faced with an unexpected gift that neither thought possible, and with a choice that provides them both considerable challenge. But at a time in their lives when they least expect to feel that way, they not only feel young again, but are blissfully happy, in spite of the confusion, opposition, and obstacles all around them. Special Delivery is about what two people do when life gives them everything they wanted, 20 yearsafter they expected to find it. In her fortieth bestselling novel, Danielle Steel makes us laugh and cry as she touches the heart with tenderness and accuracy.
- AuthorDanielle Steel
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- Publication Date1997-06-25
- PublisherRandom House Publishing Group
- Weight10.5 Oz
- Height0.8 In.
- Width5.3 In.
- Length7.8 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3569.T33828S67 199
- Dewey Decimal813.54
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- may1756Jul 01, 2016by
Easy reading, shorter than most of Danielle Steels novels
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- skyla*s_closetApr 11, 2009by
Danielle Steel's books are Amazing.
I loved this book, it was so interesting and it has such good morals.
I couldn't put it down, my nose was in the book until I finished it, her books always make me cry.
This book kept me up all night.
Very entertaining, I rather read Danielle Steel books than watch TV.
She rocks! I recommend this book to everyone esp. Women.
- sga-kingDec 04, 2006by
Along with Agatha Christie, Danielle Steel is in my opinion the best female writer in the world, She is one of my favorite writers, I have read most of her novels,
I wont divulge any plots of this book because if you are like me you dont wont to know the plots until you reach them in the book.
But I do highly recomend this book.
- 1018757142@dele...Aug 12, 2010by
showed up in very good condition and well packaged
it showed up in really good condition the packaging was really well and delivery was very prompt. seller kept good contact before i got the delivery.