Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $12.00Trending at $15.00
- $125.00Trending at $175.00
- $12.13Trending at $13.36
- $12.47Trending at $14.82
- $10.99Trending at $11.99
- $6.75Trending at $6.99
- $12.91Trending at $13.95
About this product
- SynopsisWe can spend our whole lives trying to satisfy the one insatiable part of our being, our soul craving. Our capacity for spiritual experience both proves our need for something greater than ourselves and leaves us wanting when we fill it with anything but God.Soul Cravings is a powerful, down-to-earth exposition that interprets our need for intimacy, meaning, and destiny as common sense apologetics pointing to the existence of and our need for God. The book will deeply stir the reader to consider and chase after the spiritual implications of their soul's deepest longings.
- AuthorErwin Raphael McManus
- Number Of Pages256 pages
- Publication Date2006-11-14
- PublisherNelson Incorporated, Thomas
- Copyright Date2006
- Weight14.7 Oz
- Height0.9 In.
- Width5.6 In.
- Length8.5 In.
- LC Classification NumberBV4501.3.M3755 2006
Most relevant reviews
- pasturederelictDec 21, 2008by
Making the Soul Crave All the More
A post-modern look at what it means to be human; a touchy-feely look at what makes humanity unique. This philosophical look into the contemporary culture of the West is insightful and provoking.
McManus is a student of culture. The conversation of his miknd would do us all good to reflect upon. This book is not an empirical apologetic validating Christianity nor is it theological in an academic sense. His view of faith is primarily an experiential one.
McManus is a master story-teller. His use of illustration is unique. His view of the church's role in society is a challenging one. He seems like the perfect pastor for a church in LA like Mosaic.
While post-moderns will appreciate how he flows from point to point, older people might find his logic difficult to follow. Also, he sometimes assumes that his reader has read or seen the same books/movies that he has.Read full review
- pastorgtmurphyMay 12, 2008by
Soul Cravings - Erwin Raphael McManus
This is an amazing book by a pastor who understands the inner longings, desires, and questions we all have as humans about the larger issues of life - why we are here on earth, what our purpose is, what we need, etc. He doesn't offer any trite answers or useless cliches. He also doesn't try to force any answers on you. Instead he reaches down into your chest and pulls out of your heart what is already in there. He writes with with a deep understanding of the human spirit and he writes with wisdom, humor and grace. This guy gets it!
- daisymommieblueDec 09, 2008by
I borrowed this book from a friend and was so inspired that I had to buy one for my mother as well as one for myself! I found myself nodding along to things that I know in my heart to be true, but never could have expressed so eloquently. McManus breaks down the needs of our soul with simple yet profound statements in ways that we can really relate!
- 10064257@delete...Mar 09, 2007by
Understanding Deep Longings
McManus does it again with Soul Cravings. He touches the deep needs that the postmodern culture deals with and writes capivatingly about struggles and triumphs in his own life.