Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
Best Selling in Home Theater Receivers
Save on Home Theater Receivers
- $1,949.99Trending at $2,999.00
- $1,749.95Trending at $2,199.00
- $1,996.00Trending at $2,499.00
- $1,547.95Trending at $1,589.99
- $1,227.95Trending at $1,254.36
- $1,049.00Trending at $1,499.00
- $797.95Trending at $998.98
About this product
- Product InformationEnjoy 7.1 channels of incredible surround sound, connect several HD sources and listen to music from your iPod or iPhone via the included dock with the STR-DH820 AV receiver. Improve the quality of connected video sources to near HD quality or experience incredible sound quality while you watch 3D sports, movies and games from connected 3D devices. This receiver also has LPCM, Dolby trueHD, ProLogic IIz and dts-HD decoding technologies for audio that is true to the original master recording. An easy-to-use menu provides simple operation while convenient audio calibration set-up assures the best listening experience.
- Family LineSTR
- Product TypeHome Theater Receivers
- Output Power110 Watt
- Amplifier Output Details100 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.09% - 2 channel(s) ( main ),110 Watt - 8 Ohm - at 1 kHz - THD 1.0% - 2 channel(s) ( main ),150 Watt - 8 Ohm - at 1 kHz - THD 10% - 7 channel(s) ( surround )
- Surround Sound EffectsDigital Cinema Sound EX
- Sound Output TypeSurround Sound
- 3D ReadyYes
- Built-in DecodersDTS,DTS 96/24,DTS Neo:6,DTS-HD,DTS-HD High Resolution,Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital EX,Dolby Digital Plus,Dolby TrueHD
- Receiver Tuner TypeDigital
- Receiver Tuner BandsAM/FM
- Response Bandwidth10 - 70000 Hz
- Input Impedance50 kOhm
- Input Sensitivity500 mV
- Power Consumption Operational240 Watt
- Coaxial Digital InputYes
- Optical Digital InputYes
- Headphone JackYes
- Remote Control TypeUniversal remote control
- THX certifiedNo
- Built-in Display TypeFluorescent
- Bass ControlYes
- Included AccessoriesAM antenna,FM antenna,auto calibration microphone
- Height6.22 in.
- Width16.93 in.
- Weight18.74 lb.
Most relevant reviews
- rpsi92Dec 17, 2015by
This Sony STR-DH820 is an incredible unit! It has 2 HDMI main outputs so you not only have one to hook to your TV here, but a 2nd one you can run to a TV in another room. The 2nd TV then has access to all your sources - Blu-Ray, DVD, VCR, TiVo, Computer etc. What I also like is that you can either manually or automatically set the level of each speaker. So if one is a little further away, you can turn it up a little. And if you don’t have all the same kind or model of speakers, you can adjust the individual volumes to your satisfaction. You can also adjust the crossover frequency to your sub-woofer – a feature that even many more expensive units don’t have. And it has 2 sub-woofer outputs! The full manual has detailed easy to follow instructions for setting everything up – you’d have to be a real dufus if you can’t do it For the money, I don't think you can beat it!. Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- dalesgraydalesJan 22, 2015by
This receiver is the best that I have owned thus far.
Great surround receiver, I couldn't be happier with my perches! It has great sound quality, a computer that communicates with all my devices, and amazing Dolby and DTS surround quality. On a side note if you live in an apartment, you will piss of your neighbors.
- jmon1541Jan 10, 2012by
Yo Monegro lo recomiendo es bien abanzado de tenelog y el control facil.
Monegro; Yo compre 12-5-11 Sony 2011 str 820 3D av Home theare reciver lo conecte y es extraordinario tienes funciones, que yo desconocia coneccion de ipod, iphone y muchos mas el manual le dira, pero si usted no tiene conocimientos en las coneciones busque ayuda poque en verdad todas sus funciones las haces. Estoy muy contento con mi Recividor hasta ahora lo recomiendo,5 estrellas, monegro de brooklyn, ny.
- indoorautosales...Jan 03, 2012by
Need to be very techy to operate
This reciever did not work well with my Bose speaker system It was also very tough for a non techy person to set up I have had Sony products for many years, i'm a bit confused on what to buy now