Top Selling in Home Speakers & Subwoofers
Great Prices on Home Speakers & Subwoofers
- $479.00Trending at $798.92
- $1,179.99Trending at $1,499.99
- $109.95Trending at $129.94
- $180.00Trending at $194.00
- $239.99Trending at $298.00
- $233.65Trending at $249.00
- $326.99Trending at $449.00
About this product
- DescriptionBigger does not always have to mean better. Although small in stature, these high-performance 8 ohm impedence Sony SS-B3000 Bookshelf Speakers deliver enormous sound due in part to the 8-inch kevlar HOP woofer and advanced 1-inch nano fine balanced dome tweeter. Couple this with the up to 50 kHz frequency response curve of the 3 1/4-inch enhanced HOP cone polypropylene mid drivers and 120-watt maximum input power range, which means you have a full-bodied audio quality that even many other larger speakers can simply not muster. These robust sound qualities allow you to hear music and movie audio the way that it was meant to be Ã¢â‚¬â€œ crisp, clear, and true to life. No matter whether you use these three-way speakers as part of a surround sound system or for stereo audio enjoyment, you get the same high-resolution audio sound that you would expect from a Sony product.
- Speaker TypeBookshelf Speakers
- Peak Power Handling120 W
- Frequency Responses50 Hz - 50 kHz
- Impedance8 ohm
- Sensitivity88 dB
- Magnetic ShieldingMagnetically Shielded
- Available ColorsBlack
- Woofer MaterialKevlar
- Width9.44 in.
- Depth10.38 in.
- Height20.88 in.
- Woofer Size8 in.
- Tweeter Size1 in.
- Weight14.31 lb
Most relevant reviews
- 510hobbesFeb 02, 2012by
I had an excellent pair of 25 year old booksehf speakers that were showing their age with baffel cracks general wear. I am a musician so I specifically was looking for three-way speakers that were of excellent quality and produced outstanding sound. I invetsigated at least 60 differrent products before settling on SS-B3000. Though they are a little large for the bookshelf application,they fit in perfectly in my studio and for the price the sound cannot be beat. Great value for the price at less than $100.0,
- composerbenlAug 11, 2010by
Great for the money
Seems like these speakers are much more suited to electronic music than acoustic/classical music. They do justice to detailed sound effects. Classical music sounds a bit muddy because there seems to be a disproportionate amount of bass. It could be the speaker placement, with which I can continue to experiment. The manual says 4" from the wall is optimal for these speakers, but I suspect I'll like the sound better if the speakers are placed even further from the wall so the bass isn't so amplified. Overall, this is a great sound since I only paid $90 for the pair.
- middletraymo81Apr 03, 2010by
Awsome set of speakers! Very universal to any system!
They are equiped nicley and have a very good watt range so that they may be used on a wide variety of systems. They have great bass and awsome highs! They also have a classsic look with the black laminate casing and white woofers with black dust covers. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a decent set of replacment speakers. They are also usually very affordable.
- hmgrwn81Nov 30, 2011by
Looking to upgrade? On a budget? These will blow your mind.
Bookshelf speakers my tail!! These beasts are massive!!.. Just a bit shorter than the Sony ss 6000 floor stands but with an 8" thumper in them. Sound is excellent, hooked up to a Sony STR-DN1010 with matching floor standing and center speakers..with the eye candy on a 55" Vizio Slim LCD.. HOLY HELL these creeps are LOUD. Room size 14' x 18' x 9' Crisp, Clean, deep, very fulfilling. Very happy customer.
- russ133Dec 01, 2009by
Sony SS-B3000 Main / Stereo Speaker
There are MANY speakers out there. All I can say that these have a very good to excellent review from most merchants. Everyone's ear is not the same, so everyone will not agree with the performance the same. All I can say is, these speakers are an excellent value for lower price consumer. Are there better ones ? No doubt if you ask someone else. So like watching a TV, everybody sees something different, so is the same with the speakers, everyone will hear something different. In either case, you won't be disappointed.