All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Best Selling in Lenses
Save on Lenses
- $582.00Trending at $899.00
- $635.00Trending at $799.00
- $219.95Trending at $229.47
- $600.00Trending at $688.00
- $1,319.00Trending at $1,759.29
- $273.00Trending at $287.67
- $1,595.00Trending at $1,749.00
About this product
- Product InformationGet closer to your subject with the SAL-18200 zoom lens. Excellent for everyday shooting, this telephoto lens excels at capturing faraway subjects, sports events, dramatic landscapes and intimate close-up views.Specially designed for the APS-size CCD imager, this is the standard zoom lens that brings you closer to your subject. With superior all-in-one lens performance for everyday shooting, its 35mm-equivalent range of 27mm wide-angle to 300mm telephoto excels at capturing faraway subjects, sports events, dramatic landscapes and intimate close-up views.
- Product LineSony SAL
- Focus TypeAuto & Manual
- Focal LengthZoom
- Focal Length (mm)18-200mm
- Min Aperture40
- Additional Tech CharacteristicsDT
- Compatible BrandSony
- Camera TechnologyDigital
- Diameter2.9 inch
- Weight14.29 oz
Most relevant reviews
- zowie58Dec 01, 2014by
Makes taking all kinds of images extremely easy and fun !
Great lens that is only slightly larger than the 18-55mm lens that came with the Alpha58 camera. great to have rather than having to tote around numerous lenses as this goes from very wide angle to approximately 5X telephoto. You can't go wrong with this or the 18-250 Sony lens. Worth every cent that it might cost you.
- leonchisOct 07, 2011by
This is the lens that every camera should have coming out from store!
With a ratio of 11.1x [27-300 in 35mm film], outstanding everyday quality, lite enough to carry around, and very affordable for most of us, this is your choice if you’re about to replace your everyday lens, or want an "only one lens option". You may open wide or get close enough on most situations. The ADI function works great when using with flash, especially with external units, well balanced pictures and colors. Most of us may be can't afford an Carl Zeiss lens, owning this lens makes you fell as if you have one. You might won't get it for less than $250, but if you do, don't think it twice, get one or two, one more for your friend.
- offbeatentrailDec 10, 2013by
This product was bought as a gift. It arrived in a timely manner and was as described. I took some test shots with my camera and Sony's quality lens performed on par with what was expected. For the value paid, it does not compare to other lenses compatible for the Sony alpha series of cameras.
- 375.0fordMar 27, 2014by
awesome lens for the money
I bought this lens to use with my second camera and the 18-200 allows me to have one lens that has a great range, I can use for landscape shots and close up, works great for me.
- cushin14Jan 11, 2008by
Sony SAL-18200 18mm-200mm Lens - Great Lens
This lens came with a Sony A100 camera I purchased & have been very pleased with the capability of it. It's a great everyday lens for shooting anything from family photos to sports. Very crisp & clear photos. It's just slightly larger than the Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm lens and a mere 6oz. heavier so it's still very lightweight to carry around. Whether focusing in for close-ups for portraits or auctions to zooming in at sports events the clarity is great. Like I said, this 18-200mm lens came with a camera I purchased. If yours came with, or you already have a 18-70mm lens and are considering upgrading for a little more zoom capability I would probably go with the Sony SAL-18250 18-250mm high magnification lens. The only reason is price. Retail the 18-250 is only $50 more & for what you get it's well worth it. As always, you can get them cheaper online or eBay than buying direct. If you can get your hands on this 18-200mm lens at a good price you will not be disappointed. Please vote YES below if you found this review helpful! THANKS! Read full review