All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationWith the Sony RDR-VX500, you can conveniently convert your videos from VHS to DVD format and vice-versa.. This Sony DVD Player/recorder plays and records DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and VHS videocassettes. You can have digital storage of all your favorite VHS tapes and make your DVD's into VCR format with this Sony VCR combo to show your friends and family. The i.Link digital-video interface of this Sony DVD Player/recorder allows you to convert all your DV/Digital8 camcorder tapes into recordable DVD's which will last you a long time. This Sony VCR combo also supports playback of MP3 songs from CD-R/CD-RW formats and you can view JPEG images too. The Sony RDR-VX500 features the progressive scanning technology which delivers a high resolution and sharper images.
- DVD TypeDVD Recorder
- Built-In Combo FeaturesDVR/Hard Drive Recorder,VCR
- Number Of Discs1
- Playable Disc FormatsCD,CD-R,CD-RW,DVD,DVD+R,DVD-R,DVD-RW
- FeaturesLetter Box Conversion,Pan & Scan Conversion,Parental Lock,Progressive Scan
- Playable File FormatsMP3
- Progressive ScanWith Progressive Scan
- Video Output SystemNTSC
- Picture ControlBrightness,Contrast,Hue,Saturation,Zoom
- Surround SoundDTS (Digital out only),Dolby Digital (Digital out only),Virtual Surround
- InputsAnalog Audio x 1,Composite x 1,RF (TV) x 1
- OutputsAnalog Audio x 2,Component x 1,Composite x 1,Digital Audio Coaxial RCA,Digital Audio Optical x 1,S-Video
- Front PanelAudio Input,Composite Input,S-Video Input,iLINK DV Input
- Remote ControlStandard
- On Screen DisplayYes: English, French, Spanish
- Instant Skip/ Replay-1 Sec Skip /-1 Sec Replay
- Parental ControlYes
- Record And Play FeaturesOne Touch Recording,Playlist Playback,Simultaneous Record and Play
- Recordable Disc FormatsDVD+RW,DVD-R,VHS Cassette
- Recording FormatsMPEG1,VBR Supported
- Recording SpeedsEP,HQ,HSP,LP,SLP,SP
- DVD Recoeding Time6 hours
- VCR Video heads4
- Weight12.6 lb.
- Exterior ColorBlack,Silver
- Release DateOctober
Most relevant reviews
- stevenfoxusSep 12, 2016by
the sony dvd recorder vcr combo plays terrific and looks beautiful.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- fepbuzzyJul 11, 2016by
Although purchased "used," it looks new and seems to function as well, or better,than the identical one I purchased when it was new, and which I Have now replaced with great satisfaction.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- victoriacraseOct 02, 2012by
BEST INVESTMENT FOR THE MONEY...GOOD QUALITY
I bought this product new in 2005. I have used it every day since. I transfered all my home movie from vhs to dvd. I taped movies off TV onto dvd all the time. After seven years it was wearing out and I was lucky enough to buy a used unit that was like new. It was a good buy as I had the manual and even an extra remote so maybe I will be lucky enough to get another worry free 7 years out of the new machine. Family members are always bringing me things to transfer because it does so well taking old vhs tapes and converting them to dvd. Anyone who has a chance to buy thus model should as it is easy to operate, one button taping, great picture, rarely have problems formating dvd's, and quality is excellent.....
- 1bidr5!Jan 05, 2009by
Impressive DVD/VCR but remote control is a must
Through trial and error, I found out that the original remote control is a must to set up this model. You can not set the clock, schedule timed recording nor finalize a disc so that it can be played back on another DVD Player without the remote control. I was unable to find any other remote control that could access the DVD/VCR features other than the original remote control. The DVD/VCR is fantastic to quickly and easily transfer VHS tapes to DVD discs. It is easy to set up the time modes from quick record up to six hours of recording and easy to format the disc for recording but again you can only do these functions through the remote control. The remote control is so intregal to the workings of this model that it should be addressed in the product's description. Now that I have the remote control, I am loving this model. Read full review
- lhag3539May 01, 2011by
Once you understand it, it is a nice unit and does what it says it will.
If you are not tech savvy this dvd/vhs recorder takes a bit or reading to record vhs to dvd. Once you understand how to use it, it is a nice recorder with plenty of features. If you are buying this or any other stand alone dvd/vhs recorder to copy your purchased movie vhs tapes to dvd format you need to know that most modern vhs tapes have built in copy write protection that will prevent you from accomplishing this.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in DVD & Blu-ray Players
Save on DVD & Blu-ray Players
- $278.88Trending at $295.99
- $163.69Trending at $199.00
- $68.00Trending at $109.00
- $92.16Trending at $107.19
- $32.17Trending at $35.52
- $49.99Trending at $55.99
- $56.95Trending at $59.99