More items related to this product
Top Selling in Video Game Consoles
Great Prices on Video Game Consoles
- $349.99Trending at $399.99
- $319.99Trending at $418.88
- $304.10Trending at $399.99
- $219.00Trending at $245.00
- $339.99Trending at $489.99
- $284.99Trending at $293.92
- $302.95Trending at $319.99
About this product
- Product DescriptionThis Sony Playstation 3 80 GB console supports wired and wireless internet connectivity. Thanks to the integrated Cell Broadband Engine processor along with 256 MB RAM, this PAL console offers great gaming experience giving also its stereo sound output and built-in Blu-ray player. Furthermore, the 80 GB storage provides room for games and data. Its dimensions are 12.8 x 10.8 x 3.9 inches and weighs 15.2 pounds.
- ModelPlayStation 3
- PlatformSony PlayStation 3
- Product LineSony PlayStation
- Console ColourPiano Black
- Device Input SupportGame Pad,Wireless Gaming Controller
- Video Color OutputColour
- Audio Output SupportStereo
Power & Battery
- Power Source TypesPower Supply - internal
- Depth27 cm
- Height10 cm
- Weight4.3 kg
- Width32.5 cm
- CPUCell Broadband Engine
- Ram TechnologyRDRAM (RAMBUS)
- Supported MediaBD-ROM,CD-ROM,DVD-ROM
- Resolutions1920 x 1080
- Internet ConnectivityWired,Wireless
- Ram Capacity256 MB
- Region CodePAL
- Memory Capacity256 MB
- FeaturesBlu-Ray Compatible,Internet Browsing,Wi-Fi Capability
- Hard Drive Capacity80 GB
Most relevant reviews
- ssb_shadowMar 05, 2011by
Sony PlayStation 3 (80 GB)
The machine is the perfect media center to have in the home. Although some features are a bit foggy on how to solve, it's bound to be an answer online (and it wasn't any greater problems, only, for example, how to make your computer bluetooth with your PS3).
The upside of this product is its practical use. You can play videos from BlueRay or DVD, listen to music from CDs or MP3 files, and look at pictures directly from your computer through bluetooth or through an USB flash disk (or uploading the media files to the PS3 itself).
The internet function is completely free and it even has an internet browser (although not that great. Use your own computer instead).
As a gaming console, the PS3 is no doubt the most powerful of the three machines. It has excellent graphics, interactive sequences and a wide range of games. However, I wouldn't say it has the best games of all. But this is a matter of one's own opinion, so I digress.
The downside of this gaming console is that it is almost necessary to have an HDTV or else the screen will be small for most of the game. But don't get me wrong, it's still playable. You just have to sit a little closer to the screen to read some text.
Another negative thing is the small memory space. I bought the 80GB in hopes for it to have backwards compatibility (meaning that it can play Playstation 2 games) but it failed to have that description during purchase and I can't help to feel a bit fooled there (since it was said that the 60 & 80 GB PS3s could do that). With the low memory, you won't have much space for media and games, so it'd be recommended to later get yourself a bigger harddrive disk and replace it.
I haven't tried much of online gaming with the PS3 but so far, it has been decent at best, and I've heard many games has bad or complex online layout. For best online experience, you'd better be off with the Xbox 360 (but the internet isn't free).
In summary, the PS3 is good purchase for anybody who likes to have a little mix of gameing and media player at home. It stands in the middle of hardcore gaming and casual gaming (in-between the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii). But I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with the product as it has so much more functions than being solely a gaming console. It's by far the most modern and comfortable to use. Just don't forget to turn off the game console when you're done. It consumes a lot of electricity!Read full review
- 832901459@delet...Oct 18, 2011by
awesome product! Good value for money!
As of yet I've had no trouble using the product, its easy to use
Great for childrens games and awesome for the adults too. Brilliant when using on the internet.
- sarounia65Sep 06, 2011by
Bought the Classic PS3 from a prosumer. It stood out because it has 4 USB ports and is therefore perfect as a media server. Obviously it has all of the drawbacks of it's version, large, a bit noisy (projector noise level is a bit more though). I am really happy with the product and with the immediacy of the delivery it arrived way before I thought it would.Really happy with it thus far.
- kokokatepetlOct 03, 2012by
Excellent product,very pleased
I bought the Playstation 3 because mu children wanted it.They are very happy with it and I am glad I bought it.I don't know much about consoles but I can see that it's working a nd they love it.
- kickboxer0Jan 08, 2011by
Sony PS3 80gb
Bought this for my 10 year old son for xmas. As with the PS2 he plays with it a lot.Love the internet function and he plays online. The games look superbly detailed and he seems to enjoy them.I would recommend it to anyone though you probably already know how good it is.