Sony PlayStation 3 80 GB Piano Black Console (CECH-K01)
Top Selling in Video Game Consoles
Great Prices on Video Game Consoles
- $238.95Trending at $244.99
- $299.99Trending at $339.97
- $275.00Trending at $298.00
- $269.98Trending at $296.65
- $257.99Trending at $279.99
- $229.99Trending at $240.00
- $67.20Trending at $75.58
About this product
- Product DescriptionBattle the bad guys, race around the track, or shoot some hoops with legends on the Sony PlayStation 3 80 GB piano black console. This gaming console features a Cell Broadband Engine CPU, Bluetooth capability, and stunning graphics. Play games like Ã¢â‚¬ËœUNCHARTED,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Ã¢â‚¬ËœLittle Big Planet,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Grant Theft Auto,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe Last of Us,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ and Ã¢â‚¬ËœDisney Infinity.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Then, sit back and stream videos through one of the many services available, including Netflix, NBA Game Time, and Hulu. You can even watch your favorite DVDs and Blu-ray movies on the Sony PlayStation 3. Additional PS3 accessories, like the Pulse Elite surround sound headsets, take your gaming experience to the next level.
- Product NameSony PlayStation 3
- Product LineSony PlayStation
- Console ColorPiano Black
- Release Date11/17/2006
- Device Input SupportGame pad,Wireless Gaming Controller
- Video Color OutputColor
- Audio Output SupportStereo
Power & Battery
- Power Source TypesPower Supply - internal
- Height3.86 in.
- Weight9.5 lb
- Width12.8 in.
- Depth10.79 in.
- Ram TechnologyRDRAM (RAMBUS)
- Supported MediaBD-ROM,CD-ROM,DVD-ROM
- Resolutions1920 x 1080
- Internet ConnectivityWired,Wireless
- Ram Capacity256 MB
- Region CodeNorth America
- CPUCell Broadband Engine
- Memory Capacity256 MB
- Country RegionNorth America
- Hard Drive Capacity80 GB
Most relevant reviews
- ruileopJun 03, 2015by
The graphics are phenomenal no matter what you're using it for. With this generation of consoles taking advantage of High Definition TV technology, games can look photorealistic at times. The PS3 also supports DVD upscaling to help your DVDs look their best and of course, the PS3 doubles as a Blu Ray player as well, which also works flawlessly. If graphics are a big concern for you, neither system really bests the other. You can often find online comparisons of games released on both the 360 and PS3 only to find the writers straining to find the tiniest flaws in either version. On 99% of games, the difference in quality is so insignificant that you probably won't be able to tell the difference. The Blu Ray drive doesn't really give the PS3 an edge in graphics or anything else (besides the obvious advantage of Blu Ray playback). Yes, it allows to store far more data on a single disc, but since disc costs virtually nothing to produce 360 games can simply ship with two or more DVDs if necessary.
The PS3 also works quite well as a Media Center. It's easy to set it up to stream content from your computer or to load your photos, video, audio or other data on to the PS3 hard drive to view on your TV. Additionally, the Playstation store allows you to download game demos, full games, previews, and rent or buy movies with a few clicks on your controller.Read full review
- boxbap34Dec 10, 2015by
PS3 still a winner
When I wanted to get a video game system but not spend a ton of money the PS3 was a perfect option. Graphics are good ,love the wireless controllers ,and it'll connect to the Internet so you can use it for YouTube Netflix etc. Can't beat the value.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- loudermilk82436...Aug 19, 2014by
great system not backwards compatable
Mine had red light of death. There are plenty of youtube videos that if followed will fix most of time . On the rare occasion and past experience while you have it apart go ahead and open both the cpu and ? (they are covered by heatsink compound)use a putty knife and pry the tops off and clean and apply compound to them as well. Replace them with a tiny amount of silicone (just around outer edges). Has worked 13 out of 15 times 2 times I believe it was because person that tried before me got mother board too hot.
- us.gleicApr 18, 2016by
Old PS3 went bad and I needed a new one. I didn't want to cough up the money for a brand new one because I don't play that often. This one is working great no issues
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- supplanter64Aug 29, 2015by
One of the best
Still a great game console. We set this up quickly and easily. My kid loves it. The original has a classic feel to it, more like a game console from the 80's, but it is much more than that, it also is a great DVD and Blueray player.