Top Selling in Video Game Consoles
Great Prices on Video Game Consoles
- $279.99Trending at $299.99
- $309.00Trending at $339.00
- $324.99Trending at $369.99
- $354.99Trending at $379.99
- $294.99Trending at $309.00
- $298.99Trending at $319.49
- $184.99Trending at $245.00
About this product
- Product DescriptionEnjoy hours and hours of awesome entertainment on the Sony PlayStation 2. This slim satin, silver console is not only sleek and powerful, but allows for hours of fun and entertainment. Featuring a built-in DVD player and Ethernet port, the SCPH-90001SS offers more than just incredible gaming experiences. Compatible with DualShock 2 controllers, playing the classic line of PS2 games on this slender machine is a great experience. From Metal Gear Solid to the epic adventures found in the God of War franchise, this system features amazing performance and reliability, so your greatest concern is just to have fun.
- Product NameSony PlayStation 2 Slim
- Product LineSony PlayStation
- Console ColorSatin Silver
- Device Input SupportGame pad
- Video Color OutputColor
- Audio Output SupportStereo
- MIDI Channels Number48
Power & Battery
- Power Source TypesPower Supply - internal
- Height1 in.
- Weight2 lb
- Width9 in.
- Depth6 in.
- CPU Cache2 MB
- CPU Speed36.8 MHz
- Ram TechnologyRDRAM (RAMBUS)
- Supported MediaCD-ROM,DVD-ROM
- Resolutions1280 x 1024
- Compression StandardsH.261,H.263,JPEG,MPEG2
- Internet ConnectivityWired
- Ram Capacity32 MB
- Region CodeNorth America
- CPUMIPS R5900
- Fill-Rate150 million pixels/sec
- Memory Capacity4 MB
- Input FeaturesVibration,pressure sensitivity
- Country RegionNorth America
Most relevant reviews
- klobber_dudeAug 01, 2015by
PS2 A LEGENDARY VIDEO GAME CONSOLE!!!
If you're in the market for a video game system, you cannot really go wrong with the PlayStation 2. I would highly recommend anyone looking to pick up a PS2 to get the model 2 slim version. The model one other than being bulky which will take up more space on your entertainment unit (although I personally think it looks slightly more appealing than the model 2 slim) and the disc tray tends to stop working after a period of time, or so I've heard. Also, the first wave of PS2 games had a bluish/purple underside, these discs the model one has trouble reading I've read as well. The model 2 slim which I've bought here, just has a disc top that flips up, so less moving parts=less likelihood anything will break over time. The only issue I've read about the model 2 slim having is that in extended gameplay sessions, it tends to overheat. I've personally never come across this myself and have played the model 2 slim for hours on end...
As far as color goes it doesn't really matter, but I personally think the silver looks pretty slick...
As far as games go I think the PS2 has the biggest library of games over any other console or handheld, so you can't go wrong there. Quite a variety. And some of the greatest games graced the PS2 such as God of War 1 & 2, Black, Bully, Grand Theft Auto 1-3, Mister Mosquito, Resident Evil 4, the Burnout series, etc etc... There are also many great RPG's available on the PS2 if that's your thing (like the Persona series). You just cannot go wrong, if you can find a PS2 slim in good condition that works between $70-$100, I'd say it's well worth the value and to go for it. It's also great because the PS2 is backwards compatible with PS1 games which ever expands the already huge library of games you'll be capable to enjoy. There are light guns also available for the PS2 but please keep in mind these games will only work on a CRT television (tube TV); you should really play this system on a CRT anyway as it was made to be displayed on those kinds of TV's and will looks better than on the newer HD flat screens. Also, if you're looking for a very nice wireless controller for the PS2, I highly recommend the Logitech action controller. Not only is it wireless, but it feels a lot better in my hands than the standard PS2 controller, which isn't absolutely horrible in itself either... I think the PS2 happens to be the best selling console of all time too, not that that necessarily matters but just an interesting fact. So yeah, I definitely think this console is well worth the money and value!Read full review
- cumzorDec 13, 2014by
PS2 is the best console
PS2 is the most popular console of all time.
Because of that, it has games that will appeal to every single audience.
From shooters, to obscure japanese titles, RPGs, sports, racing, shmups, platformers, everything!
And because it's popular, the ps2 games are not rare. Because of this, games are extremely dirt cheap.
I recommend a CRT TV along with a PS2 if you haven't already.
- stealthstar4May 06, 2015by
PS2 is my Beat Machine!
I use my PS2 for making music and it's perfect.
My last PS2 broke so I needed to get a new one and I am satisfied with the product.
Thanks to the seller for supplying me with my "Beat Machine".
Stealth Star- Mighty Jungle (Coney Island remix)(YouTube)
- pwn_boxAug 08, 2016by
I was worried it wasn't going to read any disc. But it works perfect.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- chris19770_7Jul 06, 2013by
Nice sleek Console, Wide selection of games, Great!
I bought this system to test games that I bought and resell them on eBay.
Pros: Fast graphics, wide selection of games sleek,compact design.
Cons:You need to buy a memory card if you want to save any data.
This product is great overall, and you can buy memory cards cheep, so I would recommend it.