Sony Handycam HDR-CX150E (16 GB) High Definition Flash Media, AVC Camcorder
Top Selling in Camcorders
About this product
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom25X
- Digital Zoom300X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution3.1 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight7.4 Oz.
- Sensor TypeExmor R CMOS
- Sensor Size1/4"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range2.5mm - 62.5mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size30 mm
- Lens System FeaturesBuilt-in lens shield
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/1000 sec
- Min Illumination3 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/8 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size16 GB
- Recording SpeedFX,HQ,LP
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth4.25 in.
- Height2.25 in.
- Width2 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x HDMI output,1 x S-Video output,1 x USB,1 x component video output,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x remote control
- HDMI OutputYes
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo,1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP3
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerSony NP-FV50
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Still Resolution1.6 MP
- Effective Video Resolution1.4 MP
- Digital Video FormatAVCHD,MPEG-2
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesBacklight Compensation,Built-In Speaker,Dolby Digital Stereo Creator,Dynamic Range Optimizer,Face-Detection,Smile Detection Auto Shutter,Still Shot Capability,Touch-Screen,YouTube Capture Mode,x.v.Colour Technology
- Face DetectionYes
- High Definition Video Support1080i
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- 1144152141@dele...Feb 05, 2013by
Great purchase...a great investment.
I purchased the CX-150 to have as a spare video camera. I use the camera to video skydiving and have had no issues with it for over three years. The camera has image stabilization and captures video in HD which are ideal for the fast moving action.
The camera was brand new, still in the original box. This was a great purchase for the money.
- kell274Aug 25, 2013by
cheap camera with little options
Edit software is poor with little options. Had it for one year and internal sensor went bad and repair was expensive. Still pictures with the 3.1 m/p is very poor.
It's ok for a cheap camera but could use more options.
- combatbillieMay 13, 2011by
Good small functional camera, great for semi pro looking videos.
Good camera, everything I expected. The quality is great. The only problem I've had with it so far, is that if the lens gets a speck of dust on it, the auto focus focus's on it!! I bought a lens cover so that I don't have to wipe the lens as much (which could cause problems in the future.
It doesn't have an eye piece, just the flip out screen. This is a disadvantage when filming in bright light.
It's extremely easy to use, and fun to own. I can get over it's minor disadvantages and have a good time with this camera.
It's super tiny too! Fits in the palm of my hand almost! That's nice, if you're not prone to losing things.
- propiper57Oct 04, 2010by
Great HD camcorder for the money!
I bought the Sony HDR-CX150 high definition camcorder about a month ago and was pleasantly surprised. It is small, light weight and easy to use. I've
brought it on two small trips and have taken about 5 hours of high def video and about a hundred photos(takes real decent stills). One HDMI cable connection to my high def TV and its like watching the discovery channel!-great
picture,great colors and really good low light quality video. The touch screen works well and the one touch video playback/picture review is nice. The built
in 16GIG memory is plenty big enough and the battery life is good. I looked at a couple of different camcorders but kept coming back to the Sony. Uploading all videos and photos to my computer is easy with the DVD program provided.
For under $500.00, you won't be disappointed with this camcorder.Read full review
- victory304Aug 01, 2011by
Excellent Hi-Def Camcorder, Very Light, Awesome Video.
We bought this for taking on our summer vacation. We chose this model because of the very small size. It also takes excellent still pictures. We never even used our camera, this little camcorder does it all. And the detail of the video is stunning on a hi-def TV.
This model is now discontinued, and you can sometimes find it at a good price. You can't go wrong with the HDR-CX150