Sony Handycam CCD-TRV58 Hi-8 Analog Camcorder
About this product
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom20X
- Digital Zoom460X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatHi8,Video8
- Resolution0.3 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Weight30.43 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Sensor Size1/6"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range3.6mm - 72mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size37 mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Illumination1 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure ModesManual,Program
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedLP,SP
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Depth8.8 in.
- Height4.3 in.
- Width4.1 in.
- Display TypeWith LCD Screen
- Display RotationRotating (270°)
- Screen DetailsLCD display - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone Type1 x microphone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Microphone TechnologyElectret condenser
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x composite video/audio output,1 x headphones ( mini-phone mono 3.5 mm )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Effective Video Resolution0.2 MP
- Additional FeaturesBuilt-In Speaker,Noise Reduction
- White BalanceAutomatic
- Night ModeYes
Most relevant reviews
- cckdk_9luuwvmnMar 15, 2016by
I got the camera, used it for viewing 4 tapes. Now it won't open or do anything. What a ripoff!!!!!
As I said above, I gor the camera, played 4 tapes on it. It stoped working. What a RIPOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Used
- doctorlal2cpiMar 28, 2009by
A replacement camcorder
This camcorder was purchased to replace a Fujix 890 camcorder manufactured for Fujix by Sony in the early 1980's, that suffered from a fatal inability to either record or play back any video after 20+ years of faithful service when it was replaced by a Canon Vistura DV camcorder. The Fujix was then relegated to the role of a video transfer deck until it's recent demise. The camcorder meets my needs and expectations in all respects except for one minor detail. Although it plays standard 8mm video, as advertised, the audio, which had been recorded on the Fujix 890 Standard 8mm with Hi Fi Stereo sound, can only be transferred as a monaural signal. In most cases this shortcoming is insignificant, although there are a few scenes that I am transferring that lose some of the aural impact associated with them.Read full review
- spiderwomanxxx2...Dec 18, 2008by
Not a Bad Deal!
This camera has lots of very cool features...."Night Vision", Cool fade-out choices, backlighting, etc. My only complaint is that it's a little heavy for today's standards. I'm sure it was very small and light in its day but camcorders are smaller now. It's by NO means huge and clunky tho! (Remember having to carry a battery pack around???)
- diazphotographySep 30, 2006by
Sony Hanycam TRV58
This is a great camcorder. It has a lot of features and they are easy to use if you refer to your manual. Great recording and playback times. Fun special effects.
- 100bluedogsJul 05, 2011by
The strong and dependable Sony CCD-TRV58 camcorder
I purchsed my first Sony CCD-TRV58 Camcorder in May 2001.
The Sony CCD-TRV58 is dependable and has excellent video and sound quality.
I would strongly recommend the Sony CCD-TRV58 as my originally purchased Sony CCD-TRV58 is still going strong.