Sony Ericsson Sony Ericcson Walkman W518a - Mineral black (AT&T) Cellular Phone
About this product
- Product InformationThe W518a - a Walkman phone that reflects your style. Keep it personal with Style-up covers. And enjoy your music just the way you want it.Step out in style and stay on track. With aGPS, your phone gives you information on where you are - and how you find your way to where you're going.Control your sounds via the music buttons on the outside of your phone. Raise the volume with a quick shake, or enjoy the magic of gesture control.Sports, music, news? Just tune in the FM radio. And when you want to share your life in pictures, do it through the 3.2 megapixel camera.
- BrandSony Ericsson
- Family LineSony Ericcson Walkman
- TypeCellular Phone
- ColorMineral black
- Network Generation3G
- Network TechnologyGSM / WCDMA (UMTS)
- BandWCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Camera Resolution3.2MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMemory Stick Micro M2
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 240 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 398 hr
- Display TechnologyLCD display
- Screen Size2.2"
- Display Resolution240 x 320 pixels
- Touch ScreenNo
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height3.7 in.
- Depth0.59 in.
- Width1.89 in.
- Weight3.35 oz
Most relevant reviews
- sandeeringAug 05, 2014by
We'd buy this phone again and again ~~ we love it!
Unlike the new Smart phones, Sony Ericsson phones use mostly the same software, with only occasional updates; so you don't have to learn a whole new set of programs to operate them. SE software is logical, easy to learn and easy to use for those people who only want the basics on their cell phone screen. The sounds/music of most models, because they are almost all 'Walkman' phones, is pretty excellent for the size of these units. As with most cell phones, Internet is also available to those who like having it available at all times. We enjoy this phone specifically because, with a mini SD card slot, you can have just about any kind of ring tone and/or music you choose coming from your phone. I love the assigning of a special ringtone to certain people who call, so I don't have to look at the phone to know who's calling! We'd prefer having more 'speed dial' number choices (say up to 99 if we wanted), but the 10 offered by SE programming will have to do. The phone fits perfectly in any pocket and is fairly durable; lets just hope the carriers continue to support these phones!Read full review
- michaelccrJun 07, 2015by
great phone and price and very nice seller
had many before same phone and love them and this one works great and like it as its a flip flop phone plus fm radio on it.
and had many before and just keep buying them and can have any phone i like and free ones but just like this one.
would keep buying this one and had a great seller and a great purchase and price
- mycousinscloset...May 10, 2012by
Sturdy, great sound and features, long battery, and a great price.
I LOVE THIS PHONE because:
1. it's small and fits in my pockets
2. it's easy to flip open and answer with one hand even while juggling heavy things with the other hand
3. you can hold it against your shoulder and it doesn't slip off like non-flip phones do
4. I can have my music with me
5. it's easy to text on, even while driving (yeah I know you're not supposed to do this, but...
6. I can check my email
7. you can drop it and it's super sturdy
8. its easy to add contacts to address book
9. it has a nice alarm with snooze and you can set more than one alarm for different activities at different times of the day
10. it charges really fast
11. I talk on the phone all day and as long as I charge it before I go to bed, the battery lasts from 8am to 10pm
12. bluetooth compatible
13. you can plug in your earbuds, stick it in your pocket and walk, jog, whatever
14. easy to hear people talking, and they always hear me -- no distortion and it doesn't make your voice sound muffled like the iPhone or Androids. (my best friend has an iPhone and we talk a lot -- but the sound is horrible, I have to strain to hear her muffled voice, the same with my friends who have Androids. (BTW, I'm a medical transcriptionist so my hearing is super sensitive - I can hear and understand the fastest, mumbled doctors but I can't understand people on iPhones. Go figure.)
1. You can't surf or facebook
2. Your ear gets hot if you're on a call that lasts more than 20 minutes
3. it does take photos but they're not great.
I have recommended this phone to friends who needed an inexpensive phone right away and the love it too.
I don't want an iPhone. I want a small, sturdy phone and this one is great.
BTW, I'm not a teen who needs nonstop texting and facebook and all of that. I do text a lot, and I like using my thumb because I'm a big multi-tasker and don't want to give up my other precious hand that could be doing something else!! LOLRead full review
- chun7925Jan 10, 2013by
This is an excellent phone for the money!
I've had two of the Sony Ericsson Walkman W518a phones and have tried several "smart phones" since then. I keep going back to this phone for the easy use, crystal clear screen and graphics and the incredible durability of it. If you're not into the smart phones and still want a flip, this is the perfect phone.
- 71323195@delete...Mar 31, 2012by
I used to own a Walkman W518a..I got at an AT&T store as a free upgrade..I loved it alot. I wear hearing aids and had no trouble whatsoever using it with them. The call quality was the best out of any phone I've owned. I could hear very well on the Walkman compared to other cell phones. I heard the company discontinued them and was sad to hear that. I'd love to have another one because since then I have not been able to find a free upgrade phone that works with my hearing aid. I need a powerful phone where I can hear the person on the other end very well and it won't cause my ear to hurt while using it. The only thing I didn't care for was the size of the numbers and letters on the keypad. I never liked texting because of that. Everything else was great.
I accidently broke the flip on it and it's now unrepairable. I can still use it but I prefer to have the flip on it so the keypad is protected from dirt..etc. Another thing that accidently happened approx 10 months after I got it,is that I dropped it while getting out of my car and didn't realize I had done that. 15 minutes or so had passed before I went back to my car and checked to see if it was there.
When I got to my car there was my phone laying in a huge puddle..because it had poured rain and was still raining when I went back to look. I took it inside and took the back off and the battery out and gently used a hair dryer on all of it and then left the battery out..the back off..the flip open..etc until late the next day. I thought it was ruined for good but when I put it all back together it worked like a charm..I never had any problem with it. At the time the flip broke,which was last month,I was due for a new free upgrade anyway.
Sadly, I recently used it and wish I had waited awhile longer..I'm not happy with the new free phone I got. :(Read full review