Sony DCR-VX2000 Camcorder - Metallic silver
About this product
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom12X
- Digital Zoom48X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatMini DV
- Resolution0.4 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Weight47.34 Oz.
- Sensor Type3CCD
- Sensor Size1/3"
- Optical Sensor Qty3
- Focal Length Range6mm - 72mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size58 mm
- Lens System FeaturesAspherical Lens,Built-in 1/32 Neutral Density Filter,Built-in 1/4 Neutral Density Filter
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Lens Construction7 element(s)
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/10000 sec
- Min Illumination2 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Automatic,Manual,Program,Shutter-Priority
- Flash TypeNone
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedLP,SP
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.44"
- Depth13.5 in.
- Height5.75 in.
- Width4.62 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating (270°)
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x Control-L (LANC),1 x Control-L (LANC) ( sub-mini phone stereo 2.5 mm ),1 x DC power input,1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire ),1 x S-Video input ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x S-Video input / output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x composite video/audio (input/output),1 x composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ),1 x composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ),1 x flash terminal ( hot shoe ),1 x headphones ( mini-phone 3.5 mm ),1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ),1 x microphone ( mini-phone 3.5 mm ),1 x microphone ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick
- Run Time Up ToUp To 90 min
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.3 MP
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesBacklight Compensation,Built-In Speaker,Color Viewfinder,DPOF Support,Noise Reduction,Still Shot Capability
- ColorMetallic silver
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode,Normal Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- concoursuph68yqFeb 01, 2014by
Real Piece of JUNK !!
I really can't write too much of a Review on this camera because when I got it, it did not work. The person that sold it to me did not take the time to put in a Mini tape to see if it even worked. When I put a mini tape in it I got a Yellow blinking number in the middle of the View Screen...and none of the controls on the camera would work...Of Course I did not get a Owners Manual with it....Now I see why...it was over 200 pages long and you needed a College Degree in it to understand it....had to download it from the web and just about used every piece of paper I had in the house to download it too....So I found the section on trouble shooting and error codes.....When I looked it up it said Power POWER PROBLEM....Or in Laymans terms....DUDE....YOU ARE SCREWED...
It also said to call Sony for more information....More info...are you kidding...I just downloaded over 200 pages....how much more info can there possibly be?? So I called Sony and they said to Reset the Camera by hitting the reset button.....and..Nothing.... Then they said....Did you just purchase this camera?? I said yes....Which is when they said SEND IT BACK!!.....Which I did....Had to wait about 2 weeks just to get my money credited back to my account....
But talk about a overly complicated Camcorder !!! This is it...It it could do half the stuff it said it could do in the instruction book it would of probably been one fantastic camera....But Still....Still even with 3 CDDs (Sensors I believe) it would not compare to some of the new Hi Def Cameras now available....The weight on this thing is really something too....you better have a good tripod to hold this puppy....Now ....a camcorder can fit in the palm of your hand and the quality can probably blow away anything this camera could ever do......Lets face it...it is old technolgy....For its day it was Beast of a machine....Read full review
- 8712williamFeb 04, 2013by
Wonder machine and great value for the price.
I needed a third camera for documenting concerts given by our community chorus. I have an older Sony Handicam, DCR-VX1000, which has worked very well over the years and this newer model will help make our final edits much more interesting. Picture quality is excellent and every thing works fine, only problem was some bubbles under the lens when the camera was aimed up at the ceiling. This didn't interfere with the picture in the usual horizontal position, but I sent it over to the Camcorder repair center in Glendale, CA and the 2nd lens group was replaced for $229. It's now in perfect working order.
- carl5707Oct 10, 2012by
Truly the best 3ccd camera one could ever want.
The camera produces a picture rich in color and resolution. The features are many and has the ability to adapt to any and all enviroments of shooting, Really outstanding low light capability which other makes lack. Features automatic and user settings for picture perfect shots. Light weight and attractive looking, I know you will enjoy working with this camera for what ever reason your needs. Whether a pro shooter or just for the fun of it, this camera delivers exactly what you want.
- crazy4coptersJan 31, 2014by
This is a great value now that people have moved into HD.
Just a great all around SD camcorder. Tons of features, and great quality image. Stereo audio with level meters. External mic input. Composite or S-video out. Has built in ND filters. Media card slot. Night shot. Much more.
- frownlandiceros...Jun 20, 2013by
My teenage son loves this with the fisheye lense for skateboard videos.
Excellent, lightweight, beginners camcorder. Good stability control. Teenage son found easy to use for skateboard videos. This was specifically the camcorder he wanted after he researched it. Great gift!