Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesThis camcorder offers unequaled picture clarity due to its digital video format. Videos recorded in DV can have up to two times the horizontal resolution of VHS and three times the component color sampling. This results in sharper, brighter colors. Your videos will look like a pro's, because the time base correction will eliminate the "jitters" encountered in some tapes. And the error correction feature will fill in missing video data for a sharper image. This unit has a color LCD Monitor Advanced Color Viewfinder which makes viewing and focusing a snap.
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom10X
- Digital Zoom20X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatMini DV
- Resolution0.4 MP
- Weight52.8 Oz.
- Sensor Type3CCD
- Sensor Size1/3"
- Optical Sensor Qty3
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range5.9mm - 59mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size52 mm
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/10000 sec
- Min Illumination4 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/60 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Manual
- Flash TypeNone
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Depth12.95 in.
- Height4.33 in.
- Width5.67 in.
- Screen DetailsNone.
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Microphone TechnologyElectret condenser
- Connector Types1 x Control-L (LANC) ( sub-mini phone stereo 2.5 mm ),1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire ),1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),1 x composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ),1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ),1 x microphone ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Effective Video Resolution0.4 MP
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode,Normal Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- la_dolce_vitaFeb 02, 2016by
Seller makes the product exceptional
For being an older, used camcorder, it's in excellent shape. Everything seems to be working fine, although I haven't had the opportunity to use it much. All accessories specified were included and are also in excellent condition.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- southndixieNov 13, 2006by
ah...... what a camcorder, not the best available but for the buck YES indeed, pro quality on a poor man's budget, read the instructions and practice with it before your first quest and you WILL be pleased with the results, DV format is the best, I hook a shotgun mic to mine and film soccer games, with excellent results, hook up a pro light and do the bedroom videos with the very best possible quality, it looks pro! Dislikes...... oh yea there are a couple, like the internal battery, the VX2000 and similar have an external connect so larger batteries are available for them but not the VX1000, [i always keep 3 around so no problem and the color viewfinder with the clumsy eye piece that WILL fall off and no flipout screen to view your subject but I will keep this one as long as I can, I have sold off all my other Sony's with exception of the DCR-350, which I take to Mardi Gras and Bike Week, beer being slung on my VX1000 is not an option. Read full review
- mmaccarthaighDec 08, 2010by
Great place to repair Sony VX1000
I bought my son this camera a over a year ago on EBay. Worked for a year then the view finder went out. Sent it to Sony for a repair and amazingly, they said they couldn't fix it, not even for the $500 dollars they said they were going to charge. I assumed it was the widely recognized ribbon cable issue and luckily came across this place on a skateboarding site. Kerry, the very friendly technician, received my camera, replaced the ribbon cable, cleaned it, checked it over, and mailed it back to me that same day. Amazing. Charged $198 but that seemed like a bargain to me (included FedEx return). He felt the camera had "years of life left in it" which was good news. I have never bothered to write one of these things, but the service I received for a camera otherwise dead in the water was exemplary. Kerry Video Electronics 135 Main Street North Reading, MA 01864 1-978-664-9992 Read full review
- vosh72Sep 07, 2009by
The Sony VX1000 was a real move in the right direction for Sony when it came out. Often times referred to as the Skateboarders camera, I have the teens in the high school I work at use it for filming school-related videos. The camera gives them that professional feel and the students enjoy that it is easy to use and the quality is very good. After using the vx2100 I miss not having the added monitor, I thought I was downgrading, but as I stated before this is a very good camera and excellent for teens. The only sad thing with my purchase was that the camera came a bit dirty, thank God the drums, lens and other features were in great shape. A good camera to have and the features on it are great for its class.
- danumalsJan 27, 2011by
Good old camera
Superb color reproduction and image. However, because of its age they usually do come with problems now-a-days. This has been my preferred camcorder over the years for action sports because of its simplicity, yet full control of exposure and colors. It's even good for home videos. Together with the Century Optics Mk1 Fisheye Adapter, this has been the most poplar video camera for skateboarding.
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $329.95Trending at $379.00
- $467.93Trending at $505.99
- $794.95Trending at $998.00
- $399.99Trending at $497.99
- $184.99Trending at $199.00
- $999.99Trending at $1,144.98
- $54.99Trending at $59.53