Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $139.95Free shipping
- Manufacturer refurbished condition
- Sold by dsbelectronics1
- Est. delivery by Dec 10
- $120.00Free shipping
- Used condition
- Sold by kgaemcir
- Est. delivery by Dec 14
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product FeaturesWith a host of features to suit the needs of almost any user, the Sony DCR-TRV140 video camera is a great choice for those looking for versatility. Record high-quality video, with high-fidelity stereo sound, directly to digital Hi8 tapes (sold separately) with this digital camcorder. Additionally, a USB streaming option allows consumers to use this Sony Handycam camcorder as a webcam for video conferencing. A 2.5-inch LCD full-color display pivots in multiple directions, allowing the user to view scenes or watch playback from different angles. This digital camcorder also has a black-and-white display through the viewfinder. Unlike other Hi8 recorders, the Sony DCR-TRV140 video camera incorporates digital picture effects and digital fading features for capturing home movies like a professional. By programming auto-exposure modes, the Sony Handycam camcorder is capable of shooting quality video in a variety of different lighting scenarios, including twilight, beach, sports, and portrait. A lithium-ion battery is included and when fully charged can power the Sony Handycam camcorder for over 10 hours of continuous use.
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Optical Zoom20X
- Digital Zoom560X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatDigital8
- Resolution0.5 MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Weight30.43 Oz.
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Sensor Size1/4"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range3.6mm - 72mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size37 mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Illumination0 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/4 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Flash TypeNone
- Depth7.87 in.
- Height4.12 in.
- Width3.62 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Microphone TechnologyElectret condenser
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK),1 x S-Video output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Effective Video Resolution0.3 MP
- Additional FeaturesImage Stabilisation,NightShot System,USB Compatibility
- White BalanceAutomatic
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode,Normal Movie Mode
Most relevant reviews
- tfrimoth58Jun 14, 2016by
Sony Dig8 camera
The camera did what I wanted it to do, that is, migrate my Dig 8 videos onto my computer. I wish the image quality was a little better, but it's an old camera, old technology, but it did the trick. Not bad for the price! Thanks.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jamfest2817Jan 06, 2016by
Sony Digital 8 mm Videotape Handycam!!!!
This is a very nice unit..... i purchased this unit to use in my Videotape to Dvd transfer business. I discovered for the first time in several years that some tapes brought to me by customers when played looked as though they were bad when being played on my Hi 8 sony handycam. What i discovered with one customer was that the tapes themselves were not bad, but rather recorded in Digitial 8 format which when played on a Standard Hi 8 handycam would in fact not play. Digital 8 camera's record in a different format from those recorded on a Hi 8 camera. I did not know that and many others did not know that as well. Since making this discovery i can offer my customers digital 8 transfers and have purchased several digital 8 camcorders for making those transfers. I still remains a fact even today that the best sony handycam is the HI 8 XR series such as the CCD-TRV65, CCD-TRV-66 series....these cameras are the XR HI 8 Stereo series cameras.Read full review
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- monogooselovinSep 30, 2014by
They don't make them like they used to... CCD vs CMOS sensors. Read more!!!
Most modern digital dslrs or video cameras have CMOS sensors which allows for more megapixels but at a cost... rolling shutter is the biggest payoff and it's horrible for anything handheld which is why this is one of the last generation of handheld cameras that can be stabilized in post with no rolling shutter. Oh yeah, I usually don't even stabilize it in post because the in camera optical stabilization is pretty good.
- ed7681Oct 01, 2011by
Very good Digital8 camcorder.
This Digital8 camcorder works well for transfering old Digial8 video to a PC for archiving or editing.For recording new video it has the advantage of having a VF for more precise shooting than using the LCD Screen. Another nice feature is the battery pack for using AA batteries as a back-up power source. Its size and weight takes a while to get comfortable with as compared to newer models. I would buy this product if I preferred using Digital8 format.
- pghsteel36Jul 25, 2010by
The Sony DCR-TRV140 is an awesome video camera with excellent features for the average movie maker. Although it has somewhat intimidating components, navigating the options is moderate until you become used to what you want from it. Beware of the flashing warnings, one in particular – the C:31:23 which represents a unit malfunction. Sony lists it as moisture build up in their manual which can be true, but it is also a standard warning if moisture is not the problem. I had this very same error but without the moisture issue. A common flaw in this perpendicular tape design is a simple roller (inside where the tape goes) can come loose or completely dislodge from its placement pin which causes the error code. In this case you will receive the error code but the only function the unit will allow would be to insert/eject the tape. FIX – find the roller and with needle nose pliers, replace it gently to the pin, (it should already have a 1mm plastic tube inside it – if not get one, cut smaller than the roller and put it inside the roller) snug it in place and your unit should work. This worked for me. Please do not smack your unit with your hand like some web-sites suggest, this will only result in further damage. The Sony DCR-TRV140, with a little TLC it will give you plenty of enjoyment.Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Camcorders
Save on Camcorders
- $291.00Trending at $297.98
- $2,549.99Trending at $2,736.72
- $2,150.00Trending at $2,349.98
- $496.95Trending at $505.99
- $1,208.98Trending at $1,359.99
- $249.99Trending at $459.00
- $274.89Trending at $290.00