Sony DCR-SX44E Flash Media Camcorder
Top Selling in Camcorders
Great Prices on Camcorders
- $399.99Trending at $618.39
- $439.99Trending at $489.99
- $352.81Trending at $373.00
- $175.00Trending at $199.99
- $447.00Trending at $548.00
- $44.99Trending at $73.29
- $269.00Trending at $357.98
About this product
Expanded Product Features
- Expanded Product Features
- Capture natural looking faces
It's never been easier to capture faces thanks to integrated Face Detection technology. Face Detection recognizes faces and optimizes camera settings for both video and still images, so faces are captured more clearly and skin tones look more natural.
- Easily compose and view your shots
Boasting a 2.7" touch panel display with excellent viewing clarity and improved resolution (230K pixels), it a breeze to frame your shots. The display rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles, as well as provides sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback. The convenient touch panel also allows easy access to menus.
- Store and share your memories
Now there's an easy way to transfer and store videos directly from your camcorder to an external hard disk drive, without a computer. You can even use handy playback features of this camcorder to access the videos stored on your external drive and share your memories on a compatible HDTV or monitor.
- Get closer to your subjects
Ideal for sporting events, wildlife, or distance shooting, a Carl Zeiss 60x optical zoom brings you closer to the action, so you can capture extremely tight shots, even from far away. In addition, digital zoom interpolation means that extreme digital zooming (up to 2000x) is clearer, with less distortion.
- Low light, no problem
Thanks to an integrated LED video light, you can shed some light on your subject and record clear, colorful videos and pictures even in low light situations.
- Capture natural looking faces
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom60X
- Digital Zoom2000X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatFlash Card
- Resolution0.7 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight6.7 Oz.
- Sensor TypeAdvanced HAD CCD
- Sensor Size1/8"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range1.8mm - 108mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size30 mm
- Lens System FeaturesBuilt-in lens shield
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Illumination3 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/4 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
Memory / Storage
- Integrated Memory size4 GB
- Recording SpeedHQ,LP,SP
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth4.4 in.
- Height2.2 in.
- Width2 in.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - stereo
- Microphone Operation ModeStereo
- Connector Types1 x S-Video output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo,1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows 7,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP SP3
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Effective Still Resolution0.2 MP
- Effective Video Resolution0.4 MP
- Digital Video FormatMPEG-2
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional FeaturesBacklight Compensation,Built-In Speaker,Face-Detection,Still Shot Capability,Touch-Screen
- Face DetectionYes
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- nannery4Oct 02, 2015by
Versatile, sturdy, easy to use, great battery life, reasonably priced, great video and pics... an all-around fine product. I bought my first Sony DCR-SX44 in 2010, and after 5 years of ownership, I have NO complaints.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- riceburner48Jun 11, 2016by
Good used product, arrived on time. Thanks
Verified purchase: Yes
- 380094716@delet...Sep 08, 2011by
Even though its not HD, this is one of the best SD cameras period.
No complaints here. I didn't need a top of the line camera and I didn't want a piece of junk either, this camera was perfect for me. Super easy to use, clear picture quality on screen, and an incredible zoom. Even when I loaded my videos and pictures on my pc I was surprised at how much the built in mic could pic up and how well it picked up the bass in it. But in short this camera was perfect with a zoom that rivals high end cameras, great sound quality, easy to use interface and button set up, quick to access in a hurry, easily portable, and enough built in internal memory that should be enough for most people to start off with. I was worried about spending money on a camera, but now I have no regrets.
- hoytman78Apr 08, 2012by
Not having any experience with the newer mini cams this camera has turned out to be an excellent buy. The still pictures could be better ,but that is not the reason I purchased this camera. Overall it is easy and compact to use and as it's name implies it is a handycam.
- sharmarkMay 10, 2011by
Great Camcorder, with affordable price!
My granddaughter is a english hunter/jumper competitor - I felt I was missing out on some great memories and wanted to update to a digital camcorder. The Sony has been a great camera. Multi-features, ease of use and great software package for editing. It was also a great eBay purchase at about 40% of the retail store price! I recommend a tri-pod for any serious video work, as the free hand can become very jumpy. Great camera to practice your video skills.