Sony DCR-DVD308 Camcorder - Black/Silver
Top Selling in Camcorders
Great Prices on Camcorders
- $389.99Trending at $434.95
- $160.00Trending at $199.95
- $79.95Trending at $86.43
- $21.99Trending at $26.89
- $37.99Trending at $46.99
- $1,599.99Trending at $1,799.00
- $1,146.00Trending at $1,159.00
About this product
- Family LineSony Handycam
- Recording SystemNTSC
- Optical Zoom25X
- Digital Zoom2000X
- Storage TypeRemovable (Card/Disc/Tape)
- Media FormatDVD,DVD+RW (8cm),DVD-R (8cm),DVD-RW (8 cm)
- Resolution1.1 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Weight15.5 Oz.
- Sensor TypeAdvanced HAD CCD
- Sensor Size1/6"
- Optical Sensor Qty1
- Lens TypeZoom lens
- Focal Length Range2.5mm - 62.5mm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic,Manual
- Lens Filter Size30 mm
- Lens ManufacturerCarl Zeiss
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Illumination4 lux
- Min Shutter Speed1/4 sec
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
Memory / Storage
- Recording SpeedHQ,LP,SP
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO
- Viewfinder TypeLCD
- Viewfinder Diagonal Size0.27"
- Depth5.16 in.
- Height3.5 in.
- Width2.17 in.
- Display TypeWith LCD Screen
- Display RotationRotating
- Screen DetailsLCD display - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - surround
- Microphone Operation ModeSurround
- Connector Types1 x S-Video output,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output,1 x remote control,Composite video/audio output,Microphone,Remote control,USB
- Expansion SlotMemory Stick Duo
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedMS Windows 2000,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Battery ManufacturerSony NP-FH40
- Effective Still Resolution1.0 MP
- Effective Video Resolution0.7 MP
- Digital Video FormatMPEG-2
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Additional Features5.1 Channel Surround Sound,Accessories Hot Shoe,Color Viewfinder,Dolby Digital 5.1,Still Shot Capability,Touch-Screen
- Widescreen Video CaptureYes
- Night ModeYes
- Shooting ModesDigital Photo Mode
Most relevant reviews
- sarnavee2012Jun 01, 2012by
The best thing is its sound quality and the worse is unspport Card 4 movie
At this age of technology it is little bit old device, Still images can save only in memory card, while movie in only DVD. The sound quality is of course very good as sony promises always. Zoom, lens, touchscreen and other features are good. This is handy and compact and easy to use outdoor shooting too. I bought this by assuming that the movie can store in pro duo card, but very disappointed. Still image quality is very nice. The better model dcr dvd 610 and others are in the same price range and have better optical zoom with the same features. SONY itself discontinue this model. OveraLL i would say one can have better option nowadays.
- jophy_rmJun 05, 2009by
affordable & very good video camcorder
I bought this handycam to take video clips of my 2 year- old child. This Sony camcorder is very handy & takes wonderful & clear video clips. The touch screen is very easy to use. The audio is excellent, you could hear everything in the background. The pictures are perfectly clear. The battery is okay, didn't really last longer than 1 hour. So it's always good to have a spare when shooting for a longer time. Overall, it's a great buy for such a good videocam!
- bobbiebanksSep 08, 2007by
I bought this camera to capture the birth of the latest member of our family. The camera is extremely user friendly yet has superb quality. You normally sacrifice the quality when you purchase something that is fairly easy to use but not with this one. When you get the camcorder read the instructions before using, this will help you discover features other than record. The only thing that is lacking on this camcorder is the battery that comes with it. You might as well throw a couple of AA batteries in as the stock battery gives you like 20 minutes of recording time. Upgrade and by a high capacity battery and you will love this camcorder.
- crystal-8474Sep 16, 2013by
great value for the camcorder,but no instructions on how to work it.
I like this sony camcorder, but i haven't quite figured out how to use its features because it didn't come with instructions.
- larry117aMar 30, 2016by
Works fine. I'm still learning & reading manual.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New