Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationSlim and stylish, the Sony DSC-W530 DSLR camera lets you capture all your special moments and cherish them over and over again. With 4x optical zoom and 1/2.3-inch Sony Super HAD CCD sensor, this Sony Cyber-Shot 14.1 MP camera not only brings the subject four times closer, but also shoots beautiful, clear photos. As this Sony Cyber-Shot 14.1 MP camera supports sweep panorama mode, you can take wide-angle images without much effort. With a high ISO sensitivity, this DSLR camera captures clear photos even in low-light conditions. Plus, the image stabilization feature in the Sony DSC-W530 counters handshakes to rule out image blurs.
- Product Features
- Sweep panorama mode
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with sweep panorama mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image.
- Face Detection technology
Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Soft Skin mode
Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Anti-blink function
It's frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. The anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to soft snap, the anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- High sensitivity mode (ISO 3200)
High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to high sensitivity mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in program auto mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Sweep panorama mode
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom4x
- Digital Zoom2x
- Sensor Resolution14.1 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor Size1/2.3"
- Sensor TypeSuper HAD CCD
- Macro Focus Range4cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera26 - 105mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/1600 sec
- Min Shutter Speed2 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 3200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max3200
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.3 m - 3.5 m
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo High Speed,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card,SDXC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth0.76 in.
- Height2.06 in.
- Width3.66 in.
- Weight3.42 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x Hi-Speed USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x Memory Stick PRO Duo,1 x SD Memory Card
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Max Video Resolution640 x 480
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAudio Recording,Auto Power Save,Automatic Brightness Adjustment,Automatic Face Tracking,Blink Detection,Brightness Control,Built-In Help Guide,Built-In Speaker,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Digital Image Rotation,Dynamic Range Optimizer,Exif Print Support,Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN),PRINT Image Matching,RGB Primary Color Filter,Red eye Fix,Self Portrait Auto Shutter,Smile Capture,Sweep Panorama Technology,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBeach,Gourmet,High sensitivity,Landscape,Pet,Snow,Soft snap,Twilight mode,Twilight portrait
- Continuous Shooting Speed1 frame per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- djnhappyJun 09, 2014by
Great camera and easy to use….
Great camera and love it!!!! It takes amazing pictures and easy to use…. Great features!!!! love the ease of use with the panorama features and video taking as well… Great pictures and very lightweight and easy to carry..
- cordova0228Apr 24, 2012by
At first I bought this camera for the simple reason that it was really cheap , but ones I start exploring all the cool features that this camera offers like the 14.1-megapixel, 26mm equivalent lens with 4x optical zoom, Sweep Panorama Mode, 2.7" LCD, iAuto, Smile Shutter and Face Detection, SteadyShot image stabilization, VGA movie capabilities, I just fall in love with it, now it has to be with me anywhere.
- m2parDec 02, 2016by
Good inexpensive camera for everyday use.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- captnosweatNov 12, 2012by
Not up to Sony quality
I have been using Sony digital cameras in my work as a yacht broker for 20 years, starting with the mavica, and have found them rugged, and giving years of service in rough and wet environments, till the bezel extender usually fails. I bought the DSC-W530 as an additional pocket camera for my summer in Italy. I laid it down on a marble table in the Vatican (not dropped) and the screen stopped working. The battery trap door fell off in the crowd before I got home. It was a flimsy piece of junk. Luckily, I had two DSC-W55's with me, to save the trip. One of those had been dropped, was put back together with duct tape, and still takes excellent pictures. I returned the new camera to Sony, but they refused to honor the warranty, and asked me to pay twice retail to fix this piece of junk. I guess quality goes out the door when a company gets in financial trouble. Read full review
- solrac_78Aug 30, 2011by
Awesome camera, Great value for the money-
I haven't bought a new camera for myself in years, so I did a lot of research before buying this one. Actually, I did too much research and wound up confused. I finally just broke down and ordered this one because it seemed like a good deal. I'm really glad I bought it. It takes great pictures and it's easy to use. I don't like to spend a lot of time figuring out technology, and the menu on this camera makes things really easy to figure out. I haven't even looked at the owner's manual since I got the camera. The panoramic feature is awesome: just set it on panoramic, hold the button down, and scan the scene from left to right. The only thing I wish this camera had was a lower MP setting. It takes pictures in four settings: VGA, 5 MP, 10 MP, and 14 MP. The 10 and 14 are very detailed and ideal for blowing up into large prints. Even the 5 MP looks good in a large size. The VGA setting is pretty poor quality, not even worthy of viewing on your computer or sending to someone via email. The solution to this is the 5 MP setting, which produces a great quality picture but is also a very large-sized file, so you can't send many pics at once. It would be great if this camera had a 2 or 3 MP setting. Not a huge deal, though. Read full review
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $908.88Trending at $1,099.00
- $1,519.00Trending at $1,599.95
- $395.50Trending at $446.95
- $998.23Trending at $1,019.03
- $1,439.99Trending at $1,896.95
- $2,689.99Trending at $3,198.00
- $374.95Trending at $379.98