All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
About this product
- Product InformationTransform your television into a home cinema with the Sony BDP-BX18 Blu-ray player. The unit has an Ethernet network connection providing access to online services, and supports a wide range of media types, including CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays. A front USB slot lets you connect storage devices for viewing home videos and music on your television, and a fun socializing feature lets you instantly Tweet or post a Facebook update about what you are watching. The included remote control is easy to operate, and the unit ships with a HDMI cable. Whether you are streaming movies and videos from online sources such as Netflix, or watching a Blu-ray from your personal collection, the BDP-BX18 player offers excellent functionality and quality Sony construction.
- DVD TypeBlu-Ray Player
- Built-In Combo FeaturesInternet/Media Streamer
- Number Of Discs1
- Playable Disc FormatsBlu-ray BD-ROM,CD+R/RW,DVD,DVD+R,DVD+RW,DVD-RW
- Playable File FormatsAVCHD
- Video Output SystemNTSC,PAL
- Video Upconversion1080p (HDTV)
- Surround SoundDTS (Digital out only),Dolby Digital (Digital out only)
- InputsAnalog Audio x 1,Digital Audio (Coaxial) x 1,HDMI x 1,USB
- OutputsAnalog Audio x 1,Digital Audio Coaxial RCA,HDMI
- Remote ControlStandard
- Recordable Disc FormatsBlu-ray BD-R,Blu-ray BD-RE,CD-R,CD-RW,DVD+RW,DVD-R
- Region CodeRegion 1: US, Canada
- Exterior ColorBlack
Most relevant reviews
- dickey8169Mar 03, 2016by
Wow, that's allot of apps.
Really like this device, plays movies well. After it upgraded I had to unplug it during an auto read of a Blu ray as it froze(ironically it was the movie frozen), but functions perfectly now. Really satisfied with this player, if I could change one thing..it would like the option of adding a 802.11 dongle. I will buy a network extender though, no worries there! All and all, great value!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- brazil-boy2005Apr 11, 2013by
Blu-Ray player and streaming device without the PS3 price.
I bought this Blu-Ray player mainly due to the fact that you can stream netflix, youtube, and many other streaming programs through it. It does not have wifi and I prefer that because my internet through ethernet cable is faster. Only thing I did not like is that the menu/homescreen is a cheesy version os the PS3 menu/homescreen. And when it is loading programs or doing something, I always think that the system froze because it just does not do anything until the program loads and nothing moves to indicate that something is loading. But typing with that remote is really slow but it does work, it would be cool is you can use a bluetooth/usb alternative to it, but for the price I can not complain either. And one thing I really loved is that it does the video/audio output as RCA or HDMI so I have updated my old tv that is huge but works perfectly with this, I can watch netflix and everything on my really old CRT TV. But in the future when I do purchase a new TV I can just go ahead and hook this up through the HDMI port. So overall it is a great little system for a price you can not complain about. Read full review
- 024b32db8265520...Dec 18, 2012by
Great value for the price, buy slightly used or refurbished for best value!
This particular Blu-Ray player caught our eye because it came with Netlfix, Hulu, Pandora, and tons more but we have subscriptions to all three and found it difficult to find players that come standard with all three. According to other reviews perhaps a pitfall of this particular DVD player is that is does have some lag time/loading time delays but if you have any patience at all it is no big deal. We bought ours barely used and got it for $30. So, I would have to say even though it is an older model, $30 for a SONY Blu-Ray player is alright with us! Overall, the player does not have a bunch of bells and whistles so it is very appealing to those seeking a basic, standard Blu-Ray player. Also, extremely easy to use and set-up! We would give it an overall score of A- and for the price we think it's a pretty good value! :) Read full review
- cccurbs2Apr 01, 2013by
Solid blu ray player with great features and beautiful style and picture
Great style, Great features, great picture. To date it has been working wonderfully, the picture is a beautiful true 1080p picture and Pure Blu ray quality. The Remote is a little small but has all the great features on it. The unit itself is a well designed sony product and a very small size with all the full blu ray features you would need. Being an older blu ray model if you want the internet options like netflix you would have to hard wire it with an Ethernet connection located on the back of the unit. Also being an older model blu ray it does take about 2 mins to load the dvd. But for the price it is well worth to me as I do enjoy it.
- kitt3n11Oct 06, 2012by
Works welll. Simple, straightforwad operation, Ease of setting up. Takedown
Product is fine; easy to use, simple, quick to set up, easy menu, One failure is constant 16.9 is not equivalent to actual size. It is artificially compressed. Could have been worse if watching Ben-Hur at a larger aspect ratio. It would be seen in it's entirety, but 'compressed and not expanded to normal extension across the screen. This involves top-to-bottom expansion of the ratio. Outside of that; crips, clear view and exceptional sound quality. No control over screen size, or particulars. Sound device, but no entirely flexible to size, I.e., 1:85 or 2:35, or 2:39 are all the same screen size. No alteration capapble. Good, but not good enough.
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in DVD & Blu-ray Players
Save on DVD & Blu-ray Players
- $199.00Trending at $216.71
- $31.52Trending at $32.36
- $131.54Trending at $157.65
- $119.99Trending at $143.00
- $137.49Trending at $249.00
- $129.00Trending at $152.18
- $39.95Trending at $69.98