More items related to this product
Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $2,199.99Trending at $2,796.95
- $488.95Trending at $509.95
- $3,139.99Trending at $3,499.00
- $2,585.40Trending at $2,629.98
- $654.99Trending at $669.95
- $329.99Trending at $404.95
About this product
- Product InformationRecord or capture all your special moments with the Sony NEX-5N camera. The 16.1 million effective pixels, along with CMOS sensor, in this Sony digital camera deliver lively outputs. The 1080 pixel video capture of this Sony camera records high-definition movies in AVCHD format. You can access interesting features with just a touch of your fingertip on the screen of this Sony digital camera. The lens aberration correction feature in this Sony camera ensures error-free image grab quality. The Magnesium alloy body construct of the Sony NEX-5N camera ensures maximum durability.
- Camera TypeMirrorless Interchangeable Lens
- Optical Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution16.1MP
- Screen Size3"
- Sensor TypeCMOS
- Lens For SD18-55mm
- Focal Length Range18mm - 55mm
- Light SensitivityISO 100-25600
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMemory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX,SDXC Memory Card
- Weight210 gr
- Display TypeLCD
- Display Size3"
- HDMI OutputYes
- Max Video Resolution1920 x 1080
- Features3D Sweep Panorama technology,Auto White Balance,Automatic Flash,Built-in Flash,DPOF Support,Digital Image Rotation,Digital Noise Reduction,Exif Print support,HDMI,Highlight Point Display,Histogram Display,RGB primary colour filter,Shadow Point Display,USB 2.0,autofocus,automatic display brightness adjustment,face detection,red-eye reduction
Most relevant reviews
- lygdamisNov 04, 2012by
Highly Recommended particularly if you own/appreciate vintage prime lenses
I bought the model with 18-55mm kit zoom lens as it was just about to be superceded by the 5R. I was lucky to get a bargain at £349. I didn't expect to use it as much as I have now found, it's real strength is the sensor and superb low light performance. It doesn't have a reputation for a particularly strong lens quality though I have been pleasantly surprised by mine. However like many who buy this model of NEX I really wanted to use older prime lenses from the 60's and 70's as they can be obtained for very good selling prices on ebay and offer fantastic build and optical quality. I have been transported back to the joys of manual focussing again which is easy to achieve thanks to 2 features - the screen magnification button and the focus peaking. This camera handles very well and fits in a coat or jacket pocket so is easy to carry around when you don't want to lug a DSLR. I also bought 2 Olypus Zuiko OM fit lenses at only £20 each on ebay, both in excellent condition. They are a very good choice considering the light weight, compact size low cost and high optical/ construction quality. There are many other high quality vintage manual focus prime lenses suited to it since many converters are available cheaply on ebay. Take a look at Carl Zeiss, M42 thread, Canon FD, Rokkor, Pentax - you have so much good glass to choose from. Video quality is superb but you do need a tripod or solid base to avoid the movements. The only negatives are the lack of integral flash and a menu structure which is not too easy to find the necessary functions at first. Read full review
- allenswinNov 04, 2012by
Excellent value great price, great performance in a compact beast
Having used a DSLR for many years I was getting tired of hauling it around especially having a huge lump of metal and plastic hanging round my neck when hiking. It meant that more often than not it was left at home. I toyed with the idea of a compact superzoom but still wanted picture quality of a large sensor. This camera does it all it fits in the pocked of my jacket with the 18-55 zoom and is always there when the perfect shot comes along. Picture quality is excellent even in low light. I haven't needed the plug in flash unit so far.
- grahamn7000Jan 07, 2013by
Great little camera
Having fun with this camera but still learning. Had to use the instruction a manual a number of times to access some features, but maual was clear enough. Taken so great low light shots, I have always used a camera with a view finder previously but using the large digital screen is nop problem. I love the 'smile setting' and the automatic 'machro' capability. The 'sunset' setting gives added colour to pictures. Much more to learn and experiment with but it is great.
- 9867620Aug 01, 2012by
I'm photograph,compare with pro is near picture quality,I already tested Sony n-5 is amazing,only battery,you have buy one more for all day shooting,Tanks!
- rozziraccoon57Feb 10, 2013by
I gave it to my daughter! She seems to be relatively happy about it, I cant tell you much more until I see what she takes with it, so going any further here is a bit of a waste of the 100 characters...