Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (Nintendo Entertainment System, 1990)
Top Selling in Video Games
Great Prices on Video Games
- $23.99Trending at $39.99
- $19.98Trending at $21.48
- $25.00Trending at $25.90
- $49.90Trending at $53.89
- $29.10Trending at $32.95
- $24.95Trending at $27.98
- $23.89Trending at $27.49
About this product
- Product InformationThe evil mage Morbius has kidnapped Princess Eleanor and disappeared. You're Shadax, the brave warrior who seeks to return Eleanor to her rightful place. You'll search through the treacherous Kastlerock for the six pieces of the magical Staff of Demnos, the one thing that can help you rescue the Princess. Make your way through more than 250 exciting, unique rooms, battling deadly beasts and solving intensely complicated puzzles. Plenty of keys will lead you to hidden areas and many potions will lend you the gift of transformation. Graced by stunning 3D graphics, SOLSTICE looks and plays like an arcade adventure, but has the patience and replay value to make it one of the most complete epic the NES has ever known.
- PublisherCSG Imagesoft
- GameSolstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos
- PlatformNintendo Entertainment System
- GenreAction, Adventure,Adventure,Puzzle
- Control ElementsGamepad,Gamepad/Joystick,Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year1990
- Game Special FeaturesMore than 250 rooms; lots of magic; intense weaponry; 3D graphics; one-player action
Most relevant reviews
- muzzyannFeb 07, 2013by
This game is a must have. It is totally awesome.
I bought this game because I had it when it first came out. It got lost or something I just couldn't find it and I was mad because i love this game. and I found it again, I was so happy I love being able to go through all those rooms and finding stuff It is truely, the kind of game i like to play and yes I would buy it again. I play it over and over again It is above all the rest.
Thanks for having it for me to purchase.
- intelligentdriv...Sep 17, 2008by
Solstice, an amazing puzzle game!
Hi, I'd like to tell you about Solstice, a Nintendo 8-bit game I bought for my console. Nostalgic as I am, I am trying to buy all the NES games I had when I was a kid back in the 80s and early 90s. Solstice were one of these, and it is one of my favourite puzzle/magic/exploration games of all time!
To be honest though, I could never finish this game as a kid, cause it might be one of the hardest games ever made. It never got the best reviews just because of this problem, but I personally think it deserved better.
One of the things you are going to notice whilst playing this game is the awesome music composed for this game, one of the best 8 bit tunes made, and I should know since I am a huge fan of 8-bit music.
You will also notice the interesting story to the game, the great details even for an 8-bit game, and some great puzzles you will encounter.
a small tip from me would be: there are often more possibilities to solve a puzzle then you might think, or see at once.
I have not played this game with the advantage, so I do not know how the controls react, but for me the normal nes controller worked fine. And after a "couple" of hours of playing the game, I can assure you, you will solve puzzle much easier.
,have fun!Read full review
- jeanguinchardJun 18, 2014by
i bought it because i needed it
i like the video game
it was cheaper and it works great , thank you very much!
- 817685996@delet...Oct 26, 2008by
GLAD TO FIND
I played the "Solstice" nintendo game years ago and it is so fun to play. My husband and I both liked it and have been looking in stores for it with no luck then someone suggested I look on EBay. I did and found it easily for a great price. This was the first time I bought anything on ebay.
- hectordg323Mar 06, 2010by
solstice nice game
love it it takes me back when i was a kid playing it.. old school any nintendo lover need to have this game