About this product
- SynopsisA breakthrough new series from bestselling author Patrick Carman, featuring text and technology in an innovative new way. Strange things are happening in Skeleton Creek . . . and Ryan and Sarah are trying to get to the heart of it. But after an eerie accident leaves Ryan housebound and forbidden to see Sarah, their investigation takes two tracks: Ryan records everything in his journal, while Sarah uses her videocam to search things out. . .and then email the clips for Ryan to see. In a new, groundbreaking format, the story is broken into two parts -- Ryan's text in the book, and Sarah's videos on a special website, with links and passwords given throughout the book.,There are two sides to this story--one is WRITTEN, the other is on VIDEO. Something mysterious is happening in Skeleton Creek. Something scary. Something sinister. Ryan came close to it . . . and nearly died. Now he's trapped in his house. He can't trust anyone--not even himself. He is forbidden from seeing his best friend, Sarah. So while Ryan is isolated and alone, she plunges back into the mystery, putting her life on the line to get to the truth. Ryan is desperately trying to write down the full story. And while he does, Sarah takes videos of what she finds, then sends him the links so he can watch. Together, they discover: The past is dangerous. The present is haunted. And the future is deadly.,There are two sides to this story-one is WRITTEN, the other is on VIDEO. Something mysterious is happening in Skeleton Creek. Something scary. Something sinister. Ryan came close to it . . . and nearly died. Now he's trapped in his house. He can't trust anyone-not even himself. He is forbidden from seeing his best friend, Sarah. So while Ryan is isolated and alone, she plunges back into the mystery, putting her life on the line to get to the truth. Ryan is desperately trying to write down the full story. And while he does, Sarah takes videos of what she finds, then sends him the links so he can watch. Together, they discover: The past is dangerous. The present is haunted. And the future is deadly.
- AuthorPatrick Carman
- Number Of Pages144 pages
- SeriesSkeleton Creek
- Publication Date2009-03-01
- PublisherScholastic, Incorporated
- Series Volume Number1
- Copyright Date2009
- Weight11.9 Oz
- Height0.7 In.
- Width5.7 In.
- Length8.5 In.
- GroupJuvenile Audience
- Grade From3
- Grade To7
- Age Range8 - 12
- LC Classification NumberPZ7.C21694Sk 2009
- Dewey Decimal[Fic]
- Dewey Edition22
- ReviewsPraise for Skeleton Creek : "This is something kids will want... Carman's accessible, journal-type text, full of mystery and foreshadowing, pulls from the outset [and] the nicely choreographed videos definitely build atmosphere." - Booklist "This book is thoroughly engaging and the reader will find themselves anxiously waiting to see each video installment." - Kutztown University Book Review
Most relevant reviews
- fantasticresale...Mar 02, 2011by
skeleton creek 2009 Childrens Fiction INTERNET INTERACT
MY 11 YR OLD SON , has really gotten into the whole shenanigans of this book , and really has connected with it , as the girl in the book (character) has put together You Tube videos where the book comes to life and it is a movie , its a book , it's a video clip --which makes the whole book plot come to life and makes it that much more interesting . My son is already begging for the next two books . I am not excited about the whole haunted house theme or suggestion that evil may be lurking in a supernatural form, but then it may turn out to be a scooby-doo caper with a real live villian at the end . were not there yet . HE IS in the middle of the book and has not put it down since it arrived 2 days ago . so I am excited that he is reading , and accessing the links by himself. Which will help him in researching information later on via the internet ( supervised of course) good for older children , would be lost on little ones - definately a book for goosebumps, mystery , type readersRead full review
- dirtracer29Sep 30, 2009by
Brillian concept with this book!
If you have kids that love a good ghost story then this book is a MUST HAVE! Mr. Carman came up with an absolutely brilliant way of telling a spooky story, using both print and the internet this story pulls you in, amuses you, startles you and just wont let you go!! My ten year old LOVES this book, and I had a great time watching the spooky videos with him! Fantastic!
- bnqureshi1Aug 15, 2012by
Subject as per title.
My 8th grader daughter tells me it is a scary book. But this what the English teacher wants. Subject as per title: title suggest that book contents would freak out a child.
- 65092143@delete...Nov 04, 2009by
Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carman
A different approach, going online for additional clues. I think it's a great idea but haven't gotten any students to try it yet!
Best Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
Save on Fiction & Literature
- $14.00Trending at $17.98
- $9.99Trending at $11.52
- $21.50Trending at $22.93
- $8.50Trending at $9.25
- $12.00Trending at $12.18
- $12.02Trending at $13.77
- $14.38Trending at $15.85