More items related to this product
Best Selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- $7.69Trending at $14.99
- $6.00Trending at $7.90
- $6.00Trending at $7.00
- $31.99Trending at $65.90
- $12.99Trending at $14.99
- $14.99Trending at $15.25
- $8.99Trending at $13.99
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Conan Doyle's famous super-sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, gets an update with this 2009 adaptation of Lionel Wigram's comic book series by writer/director Guy Ritchie (ROCKNROLLA, SNATCH). The ever-charismatic Robert Downey Jr. (IRON MAN) portrays the titular detective as you've never seen him before; a swaggering, bare-knuckle fighting rogue, who exudes charm and quickfire witty one-liners, whilst hinting at the complexity of the troubled genius lurking beneath. Jude Law (THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS) steps into the dapper shoes of Holmes' sidekick Dr. Watson, whose attitude to the world's greatest detective ranges from bemused and exasperated to impressed and confounded. The chemistry between the lead actors never fails to dazzle, as they caper their way through a stunningly-rendered Victorian London.
We first come upon the duo as they close another successful case, which sees evil serial killer Lord Henry Blackwood (Mark Strong, ROCKNROLLA) executed for his crimes. But before his death by hanging, the bloodthirsty Lord warns Holmes that his murder spree is not yet over, and that the deaths of his next victims will have dire consequences for the entire world. So when their new nemesis mysterious returns from the grave, the detective and his stalwart companion Watson finds themselves following clues which lead them into a dark twisted world of black magic. Guy Richies' SHERLOCK HOLMES is a riotously fun experience; part mystery thriller, part comic adventure. With a stellar supporting cast including Rachel McAdams, Eddie Marsan, Geraldine James, Kelly Reilly and James Fox.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Robert Downey, Jr.
- Director 1Guy Ritchie
- Leading Role 2Jude Law
- Leading Role 3Rachel McAdams
- Additional Roles byKelly Reilly,Mark Strong,Eddie Marsan
- ProducerJoel Silver,Lionel Wigram,Susan Downey,Dan Lin
- ScreenwriterLionel Wigram,Simon Kinberg,Tony Peckham,Michael Robert Johnson
- Score ComposerHans Zimmer
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- Subtitle LanguagesBulgarian,Croatian,English,Estonian,Finnish,Hebrew,Icelandic,Italian,Latvian,Lithuanian,Serbian,Slovenian
- Running Time123 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- fishing444Aug 14, 2012by
A good old Holmes and Watson romp.
Being an avid fan of the London sleuth, I thought that this was going to be pants, I am glad to say that this is a very good spin on Holmes and Watson. The plot has humor and sleuthness (what do you mean "No such word")with a character from a previous episode of Arthur Conan Doyle in the story line. Guy Ritchie is the director. I think he done a great job as well as all the actors appearing in the film. I would rate this 8.5 of 10. Very enjoyable.
- shesbak05Sep 09, 2011by
New take on the old story-good story line with plausible outcome and good special effects. Although I knew the story the dvd maintained interest with an original story line-lends itself to a sequel!
- ebuzz111Jan 03, 2013by
Brilliant product and also very good value for the money
I bought this DVD for my husband as he loves the film so much. I thought product was very fairly priced
- sorrowof76Nov 11, 2011by
An ok film.
My mum loved it. Not seen it myself, but my mum's a big Holmes fan and she said she'd watch it again. That's good enough for me.