Best Selling in Internal Hard Disk Drives
Save on Internal Hard Disk Drives
- $105.95Trending at $116.95
- $125.00Trending at $129.99
- $69.99Trending at $96.00
- $109.00Trending at $111.99
- $18.99Trending at $20.99
- $56.99Trending at $58.75
- $22.95Trending at $28.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Seagate 1TB-per-disk technology marks another major milestone for the hard drive industry. To make this happen, Seagate engineers had to pack 340,000 hard drive tracks into the width of a single inch. This means that, when reading and writing data, the read/write head needs to accurately follow a track that is a mere 75 nano meters wide. That's about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. Seagate AcuTrac technology helps enable this incredible feat-reliably and accurately following these nano tracks even in challenging operating environments, like an all-in-one PC with the music turned up. Barracuda 1TB-per-disk hard drives now include a host of refined technologies to further boost performance. Combined, these improvements squeeze even more performance out of storage already known for pushing the envelope.
- ModelBarracuda 7200.14
- Hard Drive TypeDesktop HDD
- Buffer Size64MB
- Spindle Speed7200 RPM
- InterfaceSATA III
- DesignationDesktop Computer
- External Data Transfer Rate600 Mbps
- Form Factor3.5"
- Seek Time8.5 ms
- Average Latency4.17 ms
- Height (mm)26.11
- Width (mm)101
- Depth (mm)146.99
- Weight (g)610
Most relevant reviews
- petergadgetman4...Feb 23, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- fromsomersetFeb 06, 2013by
It's a hard disk.
It's a big, fast hard disk. It was competitively priced and being absolutely standard for its spec,. very easy to fit and use. I really don't have time to write a review for something so ordinary that you really don't need to read about it, but for once I did so. It's a well known hard disk. I don't think you need to know anything else!
- martinstanga201...Apr 09, 2013by
Good value for the money, fast & quiet
Very good harddrive, fast, but quiet, sisoft sandra placing it pretty high, only one classic hdd is higher than ssd only. Expirienced none faults, none bad sectors at his time and it's hardly used. AHCI/RAID support needed to use whole potencial of this drive, but not bad results also in native IDE mode.
- foxunderthehillMar 09, 2012by
Good value, does what it says on the tin
I found this drive was one of the cheapest 7200rpm drives at this size and I have been very pleased with its performance. I've been using it now for about a couple of months, its very quiet and seems to be quick.
- home_base_oneOct 08, 2012by
Seagate v WD - No Contest !!!
Well, following on from my last review of the WD 1TB EARS HDD, which is now landfill! this replcaement is an absolute beauty. Faster, quieter and more reliable, what more can I say. Loaded Windows 7 ultimate onto it and everything (format, all system drivers, I mean everything) was up and running within the hour. Stress free, trouble free, in short it was a doddle. Western Digital, go figure !