Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $95.00+ $15.00 Shipping
- Manufacturer refurbished condition
- Sold by happyatms
- See details for delivery est.
- $99.00+ $7.95 Shipping
- Used condition
- Sold by bandwcoll
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Product DescriptionWith a low-power and energy-efficient design, these Seagate Barracuda ST2000DL003 Green 5900RPM drives are ideal for both data storage and performance gaming. This drive works with most computers and is compatible with Windows 7 and above, Linux, and OS X Macintosh PCs. The Seagate Barracuda ST2000DL003 drive also runs cool and quiet, conserving energy and giving the drive a longer lifespan. The CC32 firmware also features several advantages that require no additional software or configuration on the part of the user.The Barracuda drive is a full-size 3.5-inch form factor HDD with an SATA 6GB/s interface and 64MB cache size. This supports a high-speed access rate for the very large 2TB SATA drive and delivers low-latency input and output. This is one of the higher speed SATA connections for a hard drive of this size with a matching mounting post layout. This allows it to be added easily to systems with an available 3.5-inch hard drive slot, regardless of the original system's age or the size of other drives in the system.Seagate's SmartAlign technology allows for a seamless transition from the traditional 512-sector format to the Advanced Format (AF) 4K sector design. This eliminates the risk of partition misalignments and performance issues when migrating to this drive from an older legacy system. The AF sector design allows hardware to read from newer, larger hard disks in larger chunks. By doing this, it vastly improves data throughput rates and the speed of the drive while conserving energy. The SmartAlign technology is built into the hard drive and requires no additional utilities, software, or configuration steps at all. Just connect the new 2TB Barracuda to an available SATA 6GB/s port, mount to a slot, and everything's done.The Seagate Barracuda is compatible with any standard external SATA drive enclosure designed for use with 3.5-inch form factor drives. This makes the Seagate Barracuda useful as a backup drive. It can also be used for migrating data and information between different systems. The SATA connection, large cache size, and high RPM combine for fast copying with a large 2TB of hard drive space. A member of the Barracuda Green series, it is also designed to be energy efficient.If you are considering upgrading your HDD, you may be concerned about power usage and ease of installation. Users want to make sure that their power usage will remain contained and that their new hard drive is energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Many users also want to be able to install their new drive themselves. This HDD was designed to ensure that it is accessible, easy to use, and energy efficient. In fact, the drive has the power to exceed customers' expectations in these areas. Power efficiency is a key focus for this entire series of HDDs, and it offers easy plug-and-play installation.
- Buffer Size64MB
- Hard Drive TypeHDD
- Spindle Speed5900RPM
- Interface6-Gb/s SATA
- External Data Transfer Rate600Mbps
- Form Factor3.5"
- Height1.03 in.
- Width4 in.
- Depth5.79 in.
- Weight1.37 lbs
Most relevant reviews
- liorna3Jan 18, 2014by
would NEVER buy Seagate, Sorry!!!! details inside
would NEVER buy Seagate, Sorry!!!! No, am not a seller, am just a stupid believer that this time it won't happen, well, it did, I knew this brand would be likely to fail, so yes, I bought TWO of this model, for their quiet operation, 1 did not crash, the other did, so I still have my other 2TB fully functional, yes, but I lost 2000GB of data for this hard-drive which was idle with gentle utilization of boot and playing movies on my HTPC, will NEVER NEVER buy this brand and stay away from this model if you so love the brand.
- gcferrNov 06, 2012by
Seagate 2 GB drive offers storage and can be used externally to computer
I purchased this item to backup other drives and to be used in an external drive holder, not internally in a computer. I can use the drive externally and switch with other external drives. This Seagate drive works very well and has backed up my computer's 160 GB drive, a 500 GB drive and other materials from discs. I would recommend this item as a good value.
- bda7019046990b3...Jun 10, 2012by
OK, but I would have redundant drives because of high-failure rate.
Two of the five drives were non-functional upon arrival. Since then, the other drives have been slower than expected, but seem to be functioning well. Consistent data speeds are a little all over the place, which could be due to them being driven by a Drobo S, which slows down the whople process with its under-powered processor.
- albertowerner11...Mar 06, 2012by
Great HDD, very fast, gives a new value to my PC.
Great HDD, extremely fast, really gives a new performance to my PC. For it's velocity and capacity was to me an adequate solution to store photos, it's velocity gives a very nice display time of them.
- asum1939Feb 04, 2012by
it works great easy to install. i needed more space for my desktop i use it as a media comp. so i store all my movies and recorded tv showes on it. for the price i could not pass up the product. it works great i already have used over half of the space on it
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Internal Hard Disk Drives
Save on Internal Hard Disk Drives
- $53.99Trending at $54.99
- $154.99Trending at $188.95
- $88.88Trending at $89.98
- $109.99Trending at $119.99
- $95.99Trending at $98.80
- $81.45Trending at $105.00
- $59.90Trending at $62.93