Scrap-Basket Surprises : 18 Quilts from 2 1/2 Strips by Kim Brackett (2009, Paperback)
Top Selling in Textbooks, Education
Great Prices on Textbooks, Education
- $75.00Trending at $79.95
- $68.73Trending at $73.98
- $29.50Trending at $36.50
- $44.95Trending at $47.95
- $54.99Trending at $57.80
- $28.50Trending at $28.90
- $31.00Trending at $34.50
About this product
- SynopsisGet scrap happy with 18 projects designed for 2.5 inch strips. Cut strips from your stash or use convenient precut Jelly Rolls. The projects feature easy triangle-free piecing in a variety of fabric, from batiks and reproduction prints to florals and folk-art designs. Ideal for quilters of all skills levels Contains quilt projects in a wide variety of designs,Get scrap happy with these 18 fun projects designed for 2œ" strips - either cut them from your stash, or use precut Jelly Rolls. Scrap-Basket Surprises features 18 projects that use easy triangle-free piecing with a variety of fabrics - from batiks and reproduction prints to floral and folk-art designs.,Got scraps? Find 18 projects, each made from 2-1/2" strips, in this 80-page book that includes ideas for using pre-cut strips, hosting a strip swap, raiding your scrap basket, and sorting and storing. -- American Patchwork & Quilting magazine Scrap Basket Surprises features 18 quilts, all made from 2-1/2" strips, so this book is jelly roll friendly. Kim Bracket teaches you how to make your own scrap basket of strips from using stash fabrics, pre-cut strips, strip swaps and new fabrics. She also explains clever ways to sort and store the 2-1/2" strips you will be collecting for your projects in the book. There are also basic quiltmaking instructions with wonderful graphics that are very easy to follow, which is important for us quilters. This is a great book for a beginner quilter but also is appropriate for any quilter who needs a weekend or retreat project. These are projects that will appeal to a range of styles, from country to contemporary, '30s to Americana and more. I chose this book for its variety. I won't buy a book unless I want to make several projects from it, and this book has many appealing quilts! --connectingthreads.com
- AuthorKim Brackett
- Number Of Pages96 pages
- Publication Date2009-04-01
- PublisherMartingale & Company
- Copyright Date2009
- Weight11.8 Oz
- Height0.2 In.
- Width8.5 In.
- Length10.7 In.
- LC Classification NumberTT835.B63633 2009
- Dewey Decimal746.46/041
- Dewey Edition22
Most relevant reviews
- montgob1*barbieFeb 22, 2011by
Scrap Basket Surprises
Excellent book. This came highly recommended from a quilt friend and from my local quilt shop.
Patterns are lovely. Pictures of procedures are plentiful. Directions are easy to follow. I have seen the Bali Star quilt made from using the instructions in this book and it was absolutely gorgeous.
Appreciate the basic instructions, etc. at the beginning of the book. This would make a good book for a quilt class.
Would recommend to buy.
- rhondajean57Aug 01, 2014by
Fabulous/Easy patterns for Jelly Rolls
Love this book. I already had scrap-basket sensations and loved it so I knew I would like this one as well.
- siliolegmaMay 31, 2016by
Lots of nice patterns for me to use in Quilts of Valor.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New