Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Great Prices on Fiction & Literature
- $16.50Trending at $17.98
- $9.99Trending at $12.13
- $26.00Trending at $28.74
- $12.27Trending at $13.19
- $18.84Trending at $20.75
- $12.00Trending at $14.49
- $18.51Trending at $19.29
About this product
- SynopsisIt sounds like a movie pitch: "The story is like Tom Clancy crossed with John Grisham set in the Washington D.C. political world." But David Baldacci's Saving Faith successfully fuses elements from both of these chart-busters in this political thriller spiced with techno-wizardry.The villain is a classic spy caricature: cold-war CIA super-patriot Robert Thornhill wants to reclaim the glory days of the Central Intelligence Agency--when money flowed like the Mississippi during a flood, and the FBI watched helplessly from the sidelines. Working from his secret underground bunker, he blackmails Danny Buchanan, one of the great Washington lobbyists, to front an enormous bribery scheme that will force Congress to bend to the CIA's whims. But Thornhill's plan springs a leak: Buchanan's assistant Faith Lockhart discovers her boss's dirty dealings, and she intends to expose the whole mess to Thornhill's nemesis, the FBI. Thornhill's associates attempt to assassinate Faith, but their bullet kills her FBI escort instead. Faith finds herself on the run with Lee Adams, a fit-and-trim PI who had been shadowing her at the behest of Buchanan. If all this sounds a bit confusing, it is at times. Baldacci works hard to keep the tension steadily rising, but it is sometimes difficult to remember why Faith and Lee can't just stop running and go for help. Nevertheless, they are very likable heroes, and Baldacci's depiction of the world of lobbyists and the internecine warfare of the FBI and CIA (complete with state-of-the-art spy gadgets and transmission-proof chambers) elevates the novel with details that can come only from careful research. --Patrick O'Kelley
- AuthorDavid Baldacci
- Number Of Pages528 pages
- Edition DescriptionReprint
- Publication Date2000-09-01
- PublisherGrand Central Publishing
- Copyright Date1999
- Weight8.3 Oz
- Height1.2 In.
- Width4.2 In.
- Length6.8 In.
- Dewey Decimal813.5/4
- Dewey Edition21
Most relevant reviews
- debelee2004Aug 26, 2011by
DAVID BALDACCI! Such a GREAT writer!
What a GREAT writer David Baldacci is ! All his books are exciting and spellbinding... SAVING FAITH is a really great read too! Had to read it straight thru ... couldn't put it down until it was finished... :)
- mdonnadesignsJan 11, 2006by
Definitely a page turner...
Like many readers, I stumbled upon David Baldacci during one of my many reading binges. It only took a few pages for me to realize that I stumbled upon something pretty darn good... Baldacci could really spin a tale. If you're looking for a heart-pounding thrill-seeking novel, this book is definitely a winner.
In Saving Faith, you'll meet Faith Lockhart, a gutsy eye-witness who is willing to risk it all to "do what's right". For her own protection, Faith is locked away under protective custody, under the watchful eye of the FBI.
But what Faith---and the FBI---doesn't realize is that the CIA has also been called in. Except the CIA has a different agenda: to kill Faith before she can damage the credibility of some very high-powered individuals. But luckily for Faith, a small-time private investigator has stumbled onto the case... and ruined the secret plans of the CIA.
Now, it's up to Faith and her mysterious hero to find an escape---without losing their lives in the process. But the problem is that there is no where to run and no where to hide.
Where do you go when your own country is out to get you?
If you're looking for a book that will keep you up all night, this one's a winner. After reading just this one, you'll be sure to look for more by Baldacci.Read full review
- bobleedyApr 13, 2012by
loved this book the whole book was exciting and the ending was great keeps you wanting to read more and more
- handyman1943Mar 23, 2016by
I enjoy this author.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- kimbralaJul 05, 2013by
The very best book I ever read.
The best Book I ever read, will read a second time and maybe a third time. I would reccomend this book to everyone I know.