Top Selling in Fiction & Literature
Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Pts. 1 & 2 by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and J. K. Rowling (2016, Hardcover)
About this product
- SynopsisFrom the "New York Times"-bestselling author of "Think Twice" and "Look Again" comes an emotionally powerful novel about a split-second choice, agonizing consequences, and the need for justice. "Save Me" will have readers wondering just how far they would go to save the ones they love.,From the New York Times bestselling author of Think Twice and Look Again comes an emotionally powerful novel about a split-second choice, agonizing consequences, and the need for justice Rose McKenna volunteers as a lunch mom in her daughter Melly's school in order to keep an eye on Amanda, a mean girl who's been bullying her daughter. Her fears come true when the bullying begins, sending Melly to the bathroom in tears. Just as Rose is about to follow after her daughter, a massive explosion goes off in the kitchen, sending the room into chaos. Rose finds herself faced with the horrifying decision of whether or not to run to the bathroom to rescue her daughter or usher Amanda to safety. She believes she has accomplished both, only to discover that Amanda, for an unknown reason, ran back into the school once out of Rose's sight. In an instance, Rose goes from hero to villain as the small community blames Amanda's injuries on her. In the days that follow, Rose's life starts to fall to pieces, Amanda's mother decides to sue, her marriage is put to the test, and worse, when her daughter returns to school, the bullying only intensifies. Rose must take matters into her own hands and get down to the truth of what really happened that fateful day in order to save herself, her marriage and her family. In the way that Look Again had readers questioning everything they thought they knew about family, Save Me will have readers wondering just how far they would go to save the ones they love. Lisa Scottoline is writing about real issues that resonate with real women, and the results are emotional, heartbreaking and honest.
- AuthorLisa Scottoline
- Number Of Pages384 pages
- Publication Date2011-04-12
- PublisherSt. Martin's Press
- Copyright Date2011
- Weight20.1 Oz
- Height1.4 In.
- Width6.5 In.
- Length9.5 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3569.C725S28 2011
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition22
- Reviews"Are you a good mother if you save your child from disaster? What if it means sacrificing another's child? In SAVE ME, Lisa Scottoline walks readers into this charged moral dilemma and then takes them on an intense, breathless ride. You won't be able to put this one down." --Jodi Picoult, New York Times bestselling author of SING YOU HOME and HOUSE RULES "A novel packed with excitement and emotion, SAVE ME is a gut-clenching, heart-stirring read." --Sandra Brown, New York Times bestselling author of Tough Customer "An emotionally riveting novel that explores the depths of one mother's love for her daughter. Powerful, provocative, and page-turning!" --Emily Giffin, new York Times bestselling author of Heart of the Matter and Something Borrowed. "Heart-pounding! Scottoline provides the perfect combination of explosive action, twisting turns, and genuine emotion in this exciting novel of an ordinary mom going to extraordinary lengths for her daughter. Open up SAVE ME, and save yourself with a great book." --Lisa Gardner, New York Times bestselling author of Love You More "From one shock to the next, only a mom's courage and love bring justice. Nerves on edge, heart pounding, and heart-wrenching, SAVE ME is thrilling and infused with love. Brilliant, I couldn't put it down." --Louise Penny, New York Times bestselling author of Bury Your Dead "A white-hot crossover novel about the perils of mother love. Scottoline, shifts gears at every curve with the cool efficiency of a NASCAR driver." -- Kirkus Reviews "At the quick pace of a thriller, Scottoline masterfully fits every detail into a tight plot chock-full of real characters, real issues, and real thrills. A story anchored by the impenetrable power of a mother's love, it begs the question, just how far would you go to save your child?" -- Booklist "The Scottoline we love as a virtuoso of suspense, fast actionand intricate plot is back in top form in " Save Me ." -- The Washington Post
Most relevant reviews
- quest4fact_2000Jul 07, 2015by
Very good reading for the 10 - 14 age group. Valuable lesson in story line!
This novel is wonderful for upper elementary school and junior high readers. In addition, it is great for people who do not have a lot of time to read and enjoy breaking at the end of a chapter. There are over 80 chapters in this book! It is easy to read with a very good story line. It would be especially enjoyable for the female reader. The story contains some mystery components but is not a true mystery. There is a wonderful lesson to be learned in this book which makes it just right for the age 10 to 14 reader but is still an interesting book for all ages. For me personally, my reading preference requires a little more challenge but it was well worth reading.
- gloriab38Nov 07, 2014by
could not put it down.
What a writer. Keeps you so involved you cant tear yourself away so don't start reading until you have a few hours to spare. Love Lisa Scottoline book and I have read nearly every one she had written.
- jevalvardiOct 02, 2012by
Great value for the money
I purchased this book for a new book club I joined.
I loved the book and it surely made me want to read more novels by Lisa Scottoline.
I think if you're looking for a quick read that grabs you in the first 3 chapters-Lisa Scottoline is your author.