Nearly NewLOWEST PRICE
- $39.99+ $4.50 Shipping
- Like New condition
- Sold by monmouthauto
- See details for delivery est.
- $14.95+ $4.99 Shipping
- Good condition
- Sold by rockymtntext
- See details for delivery est.
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Synopsis"This comprehensive third edition is based on the latest NCLEX-RN test plan, Using an outline format, it reviews all areas of nursing, including maternity, pediatric, medical-surgical, psychiatric, and gerontologic. More than 4000 practice questions are included in this book/CD ROM package, along with answers, rationales, and test-taking strategies."--BOOK JACKET.,Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination is the bestselling nursing review book, providing content review along with thousands of questions. All questions include detailed rationales and comprehensive test-taking strategies which provide guidance for how to best approach each question. The new edition parallels the 2004 NCLEX Examination Test Plan, with the inclusion of Alternate Item Format questions, more pharmacology content, and new questions on leadership, delegation, and patient care prioritization. The enclosed CD-ROM allows you to answer questions in three different modes: Quiz, Study, and Exam. Text and accompanying CD-ROM provide a total of 4,000 practice questions - more than any other comprehensive review book. The CD-ROM includes all 1,800 questions from the book, plus over 2,200 more. Every question includes a correct answer, rationales for all responses, test-taking strategy, level of cognitive ability, integrated process, category of client needs, and reference to a major nursing text. Alternate item format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-response, and illustration questions, provide exposure to these new formats on the NCLEX-RN exam. A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions with content areas in the same percentages as the current NCLEX-RN test plan. Pharmacology is emphasized, with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter. Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of each chapter plus a focused guide for review. Pyramid Terms offer a quick review of key content areas. Pyramid Points, located throughout the content outlines, identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN exam. A chapter written by a student who recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam offers perspective on overcoming anxiety. A drop-down calculator is included on CD-ROM, to assist in answering medication questions. CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, or category of client needs. Addresses issues and areas of difficulty for the foreign-educated nurse in a new, separate chapter. Emphasizes leadership, delegating, and prioritizing client care, reflecting the new focus on the Board exam. Adds leadership/management and community coding categories to the CD-ROM - important areas on the exam.
- AuthorLinda Anne Silvestri
- Number Of Pages1264 pages
- Publication Date2004-12-03
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Edition Number3
- Copyright Date2005
- Weight92.3 Oz
- Height1.8 In.
- Width8.5 In.
- Length10.9 In.
- GroupScholarly & Professional
- Dewey Decimal610.73076
- Dewey Edition23
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentUnit INCLEX-RN Exam Preparation 1The NCLEX-RN Examination 2Preparing for the NCLEX Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse 3Pathways to Success 4The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Students Perspective 5Test-Taking Strategies Unit IIIssues in Nursing 6Cultural Diversity 7Ethical and Legal Issues 8Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care Unit IIINursing Sciences 9Fluids and Electrolytes 10Acid-Base Balance 11Laboratory Values 12Nutrition 13Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) 14Intravenous Therapy 15Administration of Blood Products Unit IVFundamental Skills 16Providing a Safe Environment 17Administering Medication and Intravenous Solutions 18Basic Life Support 19Perioperative Nursing Care 20Positioning Clients 21Care of a Client with a Tube Unit VMaternity Nursing 22Female Reproductive System 23Obstetrical Assessment 24Prenatal Period 25Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy 26Labor and Delivery 27Problems with Labor and Delivery 28The Postpartum Period 29Postpartum Complications 30Care of the Newborn 31Maternity and Newborn Medications Unit VIGrowth and Development Across the Life Span 32Theories of Growth and Development 33Developmental Stages 34Care of the Older Client Unit VIIPediatric Nursing 35Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders 36Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders 37Respiratory Disorders 38Cardiovascular Disorders 39Gastrointestinal Disorders 40Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders 41Renal and Urinary Disorders 42Integumentary Disorders 43Musculoskeletal Disorders 44Hematological Disorders 45Oncological Disorders 46Acquired Immunodefiency Syndrome 47Infectious and Communicable Diseases 48Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations Unit VIIIThe Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder 49Integumentary System 50Integumentary Medications Unit IXThe Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder 51Oncological Disorders 52Antineoplastic Medications Unit XThe Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder 53Endocrine System 54Endocrine Medications Unit XIThe Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder 55Gastrointestinal System 56Gastrointestinal Medications Unit XIIThe Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder 57Respiratory System 58Respiratory Medications Unit XIIIThe Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder 59Cardiovascular Disorders 60Cardiovascular Medications Unit XIVThe Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder 61Renal System 62Renal Medications Unit XVThe Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder 63The Eye and the Ear 64Ophthalmic and Otic Medications Unit XVIThe Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder 65Neurological System 66Neurological Medications Unit XVIIThe Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder 67Musculoskeletal System 68Musculoskeletal Medications Unit XVIIIThe Adult Client with an Immune Disorder 69Immune Disorders 70Immunologic Medications Unit XIXThe Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder 71Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 72Models of Care 73Mental Health Disorders 74Addictions 75Crisis Theory and Intervention 76Psychiatric Medications Unit XXComprehensive Test General Bibliography Index
Most relevant reviews
- 127176646@delet...Nov 11, 2006by
Pass with 75 questions
I loved this book in nursing school! It not only gave you the rationals on the correct answers, but also the rationals on why the wrong answers were wrong. All of my nursing exams were NCLEX style and this book really helped me prep for all of my courses, from peds to med/surg to mental health. The mental health portion was a lot more in depth than a lot of the other books and gave a great section on medications. I would suggest this book for any one in school or getting ready for the NCLEX. It is a must have, but I suggest getting other books, such as lippencott or mosby to complement.
- caleidoscopio01Sep 10, 2006by
good cond., shipp. on time, nice transaction. Thank you
I bought the Saunders Comprehensive Review For the NCLEX-RN examination a mounth ago aproximately. I didn't finish to read it all, but I could see that is an excellent way to prepare the exam, is clear, concret, easy to follow it and the CD is very usuful.
- sjfox13Sep 03, 2006by
Saunders Comprehensive Review For The NCLEX-RN Exam
Very helpful for all nursing students. Much of the info contained in this book can be seen on the boards. It is also nice to be able to use CD to get used to testing on a computer prior to boards. This is a must have for NCLEX preparation.
- 372681897@delet...Feb 16, 2007by
It is really a wonderful book. It help me a lot for my exams. The think which i like about this book is the questions are divided with system and it has good note. Buy it you will really enjoy it.
- pook90bryanMar 06, 2007by
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Exam
This book was suggested by my nursing instructors as a supplemental study tool. So far it has been a great recap of the material that we've covered. It hits the important info.
Best Selling in Textbooks, Education
Save on Textbooks, Education
- $76.00Trending at $120.38
- $23.80Trending at $24.60
- $66.99Trending at $81.04
- $49.99Trending at $56.52
- $194.95Trending at $261.19
- $22.23Trending at $23.42
- $35.50Trending at $55.44