Best Selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- $9,250.20Trending at $10,860.89
- $1,629.99Trending at $1,996.95
- $3,139.99Trending at $3,499.00
- $584.99Trending at $629.99
- $2,585.40Trending at $2,629.98
- $2,629.99Trending at $2,773.99
- $869.00Trending at $888.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe SL600 has everything you need in one compact camera. 12.2-megapixel gives you the power to capture memories with beautiful details. And with a 5x optical zoom, it's easy to get close to your subjects. Worried those photos might be less than perfect? The SL600 includes the Samsung Perfect Portrait System which automatically retouches facial imperfections, selects the right scene mode and more. Make every shot a beauty, with the SL600 digital camera.
- Product Features
- Capture more of your life
You already have the eye. Now all you need is the camera to capture the world exactly the way you see it. The SL600 combines a 27mm ultra wide angle lens with a 5x zoom. Letting you can fit more in frame while delivering a deeper perspective. And the 12.2-megapixel provides the sharp, crisp detail to reveal all kinds of things. Including what a great photographer you are.
- When it comes to brightness, it's brilliant
It's intelligent and luminous, both. It has a 2.7" LCD for improved contrast and color reproduction, which allows you to enjoy a wider and clearer image. And its intelligent LCD brightness automatically detects environmental illumination and adjusts the LCD brightness for optimal image viewing. It does the thinking for you, which makes the SL600 a smart choice.
- VGA quality video
If you prefer still shots to movies but want to leave your options open the SL600 is right for you. You'll get 640 x 480 quality video at 30 frames per second. You even can use the 5x optical zoom to get up close and vividly personal. And when things get dicey, you can even pause your recording. You'll give up nothing, except carrying around that extra camera.
- Lost and then found
Say you've got about 2,000 photos stored on your SL600 and you're looking for one in particular. You could flip through all 2000 or have the Smart Album feature do it for you. It will search and find photos just the way you want. Go straight to that shot you took whether it was last week or last Friday. You can search by color tone, or even by file type. So no matter how many memories you have crammed onto your memory card, getting directly to the one you want is a no brainer.
- The camera loves you
No one has a bad side with SL600's Perfect Portrait system. Sure it fixes red-eye, but this next generation face detection technology even detects blinking. So you're always sure eyes are open and smiles are bright. In addition it evens skin tones, erases blemishes and removes dark circles. And with different level settings, you can control how much retouching you do. Not that your friends and family need any.
- Protects with style
The Samsung SL600 comes with an Anti-scratch Mask that protects the surface of your camera from scratches while also giving you a unique look and style that stands out from the crowd. And with improved comfort and grip, the SL600 will fit more securely in your hands. Durability, design, and comfort - brought to you by Samsung digital cameras.
- Digital Image Stabilization (DIS)
Even the tiniest shake can ruin your shot. The SL600's Digital Image Stabilization solves that. Digital Image Stabilization gives you sharp images no matter the condition. Whether it's low light, zooming or just a case of plain old shaky hands, your photos come out sharp and clear. So let the SL600 shake things up.
- Capture more of your life
- Camera TypePoint & Shoot
- Optical Zoom5x
- Digital Zoom3x
- Sensor Resolution12.1 MP
- Screen Size2.7"
- Sensor Size1/2.33"
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Macro Focus Range5cm
- Focus AdjustmentAutomatic
- Auto Focus typeTTL contrast detection
- Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera27 - 135mm
- Max Shutter Speed1/2000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed8 sec
- Exposure compensation±2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted,Multi-Segment,Spot
- Exposure ModesAutomatic,Program
- Light SensitivityISO 100,ISO 1600,ISO 200,ISO 400,ISO 80,ISO 800,ISO auto
- Light Sensitivity Max1600
- Flash TypeBuilt-in flash
- Red Eye ReductionYes
- Effective Flash Range0.2 m - 2.68 m
- Camera Flash FeaturesAF Illuminator
- Flash ModesAuto Mode,Fill-in Mode,OFF mode,Red-eye Reduction,Slow Synchro
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemoryMultiMediaCardplus,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeNone
- Depth0.8 in.
- Height2.3 in.
- Width3.8 in.
- Weight4.2 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color
- Display Size2.7"
- Microphone TypeMicrophone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
- Microphone Operation ModeMono
- Connector Types1 x DC power input,1 x USB,1 x composite video/audio output
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.3 or later,MS Windows 2000,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Digital Video FormatAVI,MJPEG
- Still Image FormatJPEG
- Min Operating Temperature0 °C
- Max Operating Temperature40 °C
- Additional FeaturesAF Lock,Audio Recording,Auto Contrast Balance (ACB),Auto Power Save,Automatic Brightness Adjustment,Automatic Face Tracking,Blink Detection,Brightness Control,Built-In Help Guide,Built-In Speaker,Contrast Control,Cropping An Image,DPOF Support,Date/Time Stamp,Digital Image Rotation,Direct Print,Exif Print Support,Face Retouch,Photo Album Function,PictBridge Support,Red eye Fix,Resizing an Image,Saturation Control,Scene Detection Technology,Sharpness Control,Smile Capture,USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Face DetectionYes
- Shooting ModesFrame Movie Mode
- Shooting ProgramsBack light,Beach/snow,Beauty shot,Children,Close-up,Dawn,Fireworks,Landscape,Night scene,Portrait mode,Self-portrait,Sunset,Text
- Special EffectsCalm,Classic,Cool,Custom Effect,Forest,Negative,Normal,Retro,Soft,Vivid
- Exterior ColorRed
Most relevant reviews
- javorsky2Nov 10, 2012by
Great Camera, great price!!
I bought this camera used for around $30 figuring that it would come in handy for day trips when I didn't want to lug around my big camera. I was amazed!! This little camera takes totally fantastic pictures!! I did read some reviews which said that if you wanted to take several pictures quickly in succession, you'll have a problem because it can take a few seconds to process between shots. That is my experience but,.....otherwise......It's a superb camera!! Fantastic clarity and low noise pictures for the money.
- toxiclovelyMar 18, 2012by
Conveniently compact & generally easy to use. Love the variety of manual programming features (ISO, metering, white balance, etc) as well as preset scene modes. Manual settings can be used to achieve excellent photo quality, however Auto setting also turns out good quality images. Fair value for the features & overall great camera!
- coljohnhannibal...Apr 11, 2011by
Samsung SL600, 5x Optical Zoom, VGA Video
Overall a good rugged dependable camera. Cons: Photographing accross an intersection in traffic requires at least a x10 zoom. Also, VGA video does not produce high quality images of intermediate range subjects; 720p, aka HD-Lite, is really necessary for this. Original USB cable with round 'dongle' will work on Linux. All replacement cables with the rectangular dongle will 'not.'
- 7266tonyAug 03, 2011by
Perfect results and easy to use
I bought the Samsung SL600 because I wanted a point and shoot camera that took quality photos to capture the spectacular sunsets while I spent my summer on the south shore of Lake Superior. After researching several cameras I found this make and model had the most features I needed. Wow! I was not disappointed! Terrific pics worthy of framing and outstanding videos of waves crashing onshore during a storm. I would recommend this camera to anyone who is looking for quality as well as ease of use. I love it!
- hillcrest64Sep 04, 2011by
Great little camera
This is a great little camera. I bought it as a daily deal and the price is what made me buy it. When I actually received it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was inexpensive, but is isn't cheap. Great features, great pictures, sleek and tiny, simple to use, what more do you want? Love it. A friend recently needed a camera and I advised him on a newer version based on my experience with this one.