Samsung Galaxy S ii Sam T989 ,16 GB Grey
Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Great Prices on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $207.21Trending at $229.90
- $269.99Trending at $296.00
- $259.79Trending at $279.79
- $289.78Trending at $345.00
- $219.95Trending at $250.00
- $469.79Trending at $484.74
- $539.99Trending at $599.99
About this product
- Product InformationThe Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 is packed with features and will add to your style with its sleek and stylish design. With Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) as its operating system, this Samsung smartphone gives you access to several applications. This Android phone comes with a stunning 4.52-inch OLED touchscreen that lets you enjoy vivid graphics. Thank to its 8.1 MP camera with 1080p HD video recording, the Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 lets you capture everyday moments.
- User Manual
- Family LineSamsung Galaxy S II
- Storage Capacity16GB
- Network Generation2G,3G
- Network TechnologyGSM / EDGE / UMTS / HSPA
- BandGSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) UMTS/HSPA+ 850/1700/1900/2100
- Camera Resolution8.0MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSD,MicroSDHC
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1850 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 420 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 167 hr
- Display TechnologySuper AMOLED Plus
- Screen Size4.5"
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height5.11 in.
- Depth0.37 in.
- Width2.71 in.
- Weight4.77 oz
Most relevant reviews
- twocuzfishApr 12, 2016by
Very erratic charging capability...obviously was traded in/sold because it's defective.. sometimes charges to 100% but more often than not will not charge at all or actually discharges when connected to a charger. This happened w/ the original battery and also with 2 new batteries and multiple chargers...So must assume the phone itself is defective. Have seen online this is a recurring problem w/ the Galaxy series.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- lucky-jon-usMar 03, 2015by
Older Android that in its T-Mobile version still does a great job.
OK, so the Galaxy S2 is old by Android phone standards, but I have had one since they were first released on T-Mobile as the T989.
At that time, having MHL / Video output on the micro USB port was rare. The version of Android supplied was 2.3 I think. The phone has had Samsung released updates to Android 4.04 and for me it all works great.
One of the best things is that this is one of the first handsets that supported WiFi calling - a great feature of T-Mobile that I would not be without.
This version of the Galaxy S2 is solid, reliable, not too heavy or bulky, has all the latest features like WiFi Hotspot, a reasonable Android version, support for large SD cards, a good camera, and reasonable battery life.
So, even though I have an HTC One M8, I just could noy be without my S2. Since you can pick up like new used ones for $100 or less, I did not hesitate to get a standby S2 when the power switch on my original S2 started to give a little trouble.
This is a great phone.Read full review
- alabama_nativeJun 05, 2014by
Great phone!! Meets all my real needs.
I am a technology specialist and have been for many years but my entry into the smartphone arena has been intentionally postponed. Using browsers on a cell phone, any phone was not intriguing to me. After much consideration, I bought two Samsung Galaxy S2's. I have used it for about a month now and I am very impressed with the processor speed, and the clarity of the display functions. While the camera is not the highest quality on the market today, it is more than adequate for the pictures I take. The phone had good battery life and would be much better but I work in a metal building and it burns battery attempting to contact a cell tower and can not find one. My wife uses hers without the metal building and she gets at least double the battery life as I.
It is Android based and uses apps from the Google Play store which means that virtually anything you would want to do from your phone is available. The phone is very easy to use, the phone quality is great and the voice recognition capabilities are fantastic. The predictive keying during text entry is a great aid and I use it a lot to correct my keying during and following text entry.
The phone is not the latest in technology by about 2-3 years but for me, that is fine. The cost is 1/3 the latest technology cost so when considering the phone performance versus cost, it is hands-down a good buy.
I have very quickly become dependent on this device and would definitely buy it again.Read full review
- nguye_ye88ehg55Apr 05, 2016by
The phone is very good, it's clean no body damaged, it's old version but it's OK with me, the cost is very good compared to others used ones and has a lot of body damaged.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- club6200Mar 02, 2015by
Don't need to upgrade
I used to have the Sprint version of this phone and love the fact that I was able to customize it. The T-Mobile viersion is a lot better with better service. Definately a great buy for the money. I only wish I had 2 so I could customized and swap back and forth. If you have a newer phone such as S3, S4 or S5, then you should consider this phone as there are still developers who have ported the update operating systems to this phone. I have Gingerbread, Jellybean, KitKat and Lollipop available for this phone. One of the best investments every.