All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Tablets & eBook Readers
Cell Phone SIM Cards
About this product
- Product InformationKeep in touch when on the go with the Samsung Focus SGH-i917 Windows phone in black. This compact cell phone is big on features and durability. Powered by a 1500 milliampere hours lithium-ion battery, this cell phone gives you up to 6.5 hours of talk time, or up to 300 hours of standby time, on a full charge. The Bluetooth technology ensures you stay connected wherever you are. Enjoy your favorite music, connect to social networks, make and receive phone calls, and receive all text alerts without missing a beat.The 5-megapixel camera features autofocus and flash capabilities, allowing you to capture all of those special moments with just a touch of a button. Choosing between autofocus or flash is done through the phone’s touchscreen. The 4x digital optical zoom feature lets you get close-up shots with ease. Four shot modes of the phone’s camera, which include macro, normal, multi, and geotagging, give you the ability to take still and action photos without distortion and with premium bokeh effects. The built-in camcorder feature allows for high-definition (HD) recording, HD playback, and online image uploading, so you can share your pictures and videos with friends or social media networks.The Samsung Focus does contain a removable SIM card that allows you to transfer all files to and from other SIM-compatible mobile devices. When it comes to networking, the Samsung Focus SGH-i917 Windows phones have it all. These phones work with the GSM Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 megahertz frequencies and recognize UMTS Tri-band 850/1900/2100 megahertz data types. Utilizing the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system used by many smartphones including the Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone, and the HTC Titan II, the Samsung Focus SGH-i917 phone leaves out nothing. When the Wi-Fi settings are enabled on this Windows phone, you can connect to any surrounding hotspots.The Samsung Focus SGH-i917 Windows smartphone has a super AMOLED 4-inch display. With an 800 by 480 pixel resolution, the viewing on this device’s screen is easy on the eyes. Created with touchscreen technology, maneuvering the onscreen menu, and saving your desired settings is done with ease. These cell phones have plenty of audio features for your listening pleasure. A built-in music player allows you to listen to files that are stored in the ACC, AMRNB, and MP3 format. Download Microsoft-compatible applications to the device that allow you to stream music, store songs, and choose ringtones for a personalized feel. With 8 GB of internal storage space, you can save all of your files for later playback or viewing. For additional storage, the Samsung Focus does have a port to hold a microSD card that offers 16 GB of memory.Accessories are available to personalize this Windows phone to your unique needs. Choose hands-free kits, extra charging devices, a replacement battery, cases, and display covers to keep your device protected and safe for use. Accessories are available for creating extra storage for your audio, video, and data files as well. These files can be downloaded and uploaded easily from a computer or mobile device with the built-in USB port that is found on the phone. Whichever options you choose for your Samsung Focus Windows phone, you are sure to be pleasantly pleased.
- Family LineSamsung Focus
- Storage Capacity8GB
- Network Generation3G
- Network TechnologyGSM / WCDMA (UMTS)
- BandWCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Camera Resolution5.0MP
- Supported Flash Memory CardsMicroSDHC
- Battery TypeLithium Ion
- Battery Capacity1500 mAh
- Battery Talk TimeUp to 390 min
- Battery Standby TimeUp to 300 hr
- Display TechnologyOLED display
- Screen Size4"
- Display Resolution800 x 480 pixels
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
- Height4.84 in.
- Depth0.39 in.
- Width2.56 in.
- Weight4.2 oz
Most relevant reviews
- warptek2010May 10, 2014by
I've become one of "those" who can't keep their hands off their device.
This is a fantastic smart phone but be prepared to deal with limitations if you're on a pay as you go or a bring your own sim card plan. If you're with AT@T with a data plan you're good to go on this phone. Many features rival anything on an Android or Iphone device. But if you're on a bring your own plan or a basic pay as you go with another carrier, there are limitations. Many of the apps that come bundled with the phone only work through a data plan! (Bummer). At&t apparantly made sure that certain apps won't work through the Wi-fi. But there are ways around this limitation if you connect a data cable and connect your phone to a PC with Zune installed, where you can transfer apps, music, photo's videos as you please without relying on a data plan. If you're willing to deal with this like I am then I highly recommend this phone. Read full review
- tesherAug 29, 2012by
Great product, definitely worth the money got used one for $100! :)
Great device! I am now a believer in windows phone os. The ease of use and synchronizing across accounts whether email or social networking is astounding. Far better than android in my opinion when it comes to that feature. Take it from someone who is coming form an android phone and currently owns an android tablet. Downfall for me with this phone which I am getting used to btw is the lack of "spice" for the display and limited customization capability. I sincerely miss that from my old android phone but hey with all the other things which this can do over the android who needs that? The set up for 3G has been unsuccessful for me so far but I am still learning about the various tweaks available so hopefully I figure it out soon.
- triniborn0021z2...Apr 13, 2012by
All in all, this is a really good phone, but until that update comes, there
I really love this phone, got it when it came out. The Windows Phone 7 metro user interface is really a fresh new look at the mobile competition compared to Android and iOS. Live tiles feature some really nice animations and interaction with the phone feels more fluid compared to Android, it's like iOS. When you go back to an Android from WP7 you'll see what I'm talking about (that feeling that there's that millisecond lag between your finger and the response). The Peoples (contacts) app is really nice and has deep integration with Facebook which is a plus. The Music+Videos app is one of the best media players I've seen around, and you can use your Zune Pass so you can listen to any song in the Marketplace. It also has Office apps so you can create a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet on the go. Another thing is, Microsoft is really working hard at luring developers to develop apps for the platform, with over 15,000 developers and around 4000 apps on board already that's not a bad start. Still despite all the compliments I've given some things the operating system still falls short of in comparison to Android and iOS. For one there's no multi-tasking which is very important, it gets annoying having to launch the app again. Another thing is there is no copy-and-paste support which is not a biggie for me but for some people I can imagine it's a huge part of their mobile life. However Microsoft has stated those features will be implemented on an update later on. The Samsung Focus device itself is pretty much the best Windows Phone device in the US in my opinion, mainly because of the AMOLED screen. I never though it'd make that huge of a difference but it does. Comparing the HTC Surround and HTC HD7 to the Focus, I found the Focus's display looked way crisper and colorful despite having the same resolution. One thing about the Focus though, is that it's made of plastic, makes it feel cheap, but along with that, it's also the slimmest Windows Phone which is a huge plus. It feels a lot better to hold this than the HD7 despite both having a 4-inch display cause it just feels better to hold when it's slimmer. Oh and it supports microSD cards unlike the HTC devices so you can upgrade your storage. Read full review
- noozgeekSep 14, 2012by
Overall it's a great phone for anyone getting their first Smartphone.
I wanted to try out a Windows phone and decided to go with this Samsung Focus. It is running on Windows 7.5 OS which has most of the same features as the Windows 8. Very slim phone, great screen resolution, and very fast. It has 8GB but only 7.39GB is usable. The battery last all day on standby about 17 hours. It is very easy to use. It does not have that many apps that you can find on other mobile OS like Android OS and iPhone OS, but you can get most of the basic popular apps.
- dasherlkAug 24, 2012by
Very Good Phone with user friendly Windows interface.
Great Phone. All functions working fine. Great Display. Smooth touch panel. Camera also better than my old Samsung Pixon 8mp one. Upgradeable to Windows 7.5 Mango version. Battery life is in average. Good value for money at all. Only problem is if you break the outer digitizer glass in a single drop of the phone you will have to spend more money to fix it because you will have to replace whole LCD+ digitizer part. The problem is it costs nearly the cost of the phone even in ebay. If you have enough money to get repaired it or if you are very careful about your phone definitely buy this. Thanks
Explore Buying Guides
Best Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Save on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $327.99Trending at $387.93
- $310.00Trending at $367.99
- $189.99Trending at $243.40
- $239.99Trending at $299.99
- $299.99Trending at $389.99
- $189.99Trending at $214.00
- $219.99Trending at $225.00