Samsung Dart SGH-T499 - Dark Slate (T-Mobile) Smartphone
Top Selling in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Great Prices on Cell Phones & Smartphones
- $199.95Trending at $208.99
- $249.77Trending at $259.99
- $339.99Trending at $612.68
- $208.95Trending at $219.95
- $259.78Trending at $267.72
- $449.79Trending at $479.79
- $549.00Trending at $599.99
About this product
- Product InformationWhen you want a mini phone with full-size capabilities, the Samsung Dart SGH-T499 - Dark Slate smartphone is a great choice. The display outputs clear images whether they are pictures or movies on a sharp LCD display. In terms of location tracking, your Samsung will give you robust GPS capabilities. When you have downtime, play games on a phone that runs on the Android operating system. When needed, you can transfer data from your phone to your tablet or laptop seamlessly. The phone is unlocked so you do not have to get tied down with extensive contracts. It is Bluetooth enabled and has a touch screen interface. In this case, big things really do come in small packages.
- Family LineSamsung Dart
- Storage Capacity512MB
- ColorDark Slate
- Network Generation2G,3G
- Network TechnologyGSM,GSM / GPRS / EDGE / WCDMA (UMTS),HSDPA
- BandGSM 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSPA+ 1700/2100
- Camera Resolution3.0MP
- Battery Capacity1200 mAh
- Screen Size3.1"
- Touch ScreenYes
- Digital CameraYes
- QWERTY Physical KeyboardNo
- Email AccessYes
- Internet BrowserYes
Most relevant reviews
- infodimJan 24, 2016by
This phone is not compatible with T-Mobile 3G network anymore and has outdated Android version 2.3
This phone is not compatible with T-Mobile 3G network anymore: T-Mobile is going to shutdown it's 3G network on Band 4 / 1700 MHz, 3G service of T-Mobile will be provided on Band 2 / 1900 MHz, but Samsung Galaxy Dart has only 3G Band 4, no 3G Band 2 and no LTE, of course. As result, you will be stuck with slow internet and with bad reception in many places because while T-Mobile still supports 2G, it gradually converts it's remaining 2G network to 3G or 4G/LTE. In addition, battery life is terrible, you can not use it more than 8 hours without recharging even with new battery. The phone is slow and, most important, it has Android version 2.3 that is very old. You can not install Skype on it, for example.
250 MB disk space is not enough for modern apps, so, eventually, you will not be able to install apps you want. It is not a big problem, because this phone not have enough CPU power and memory to ran modern Android apps.Read full review
Verified purchase: No
- jimbo376Feb 01, 2013by
Rugged,reliable,& resistant.A lot of phone for a reasonable price.Recommend
I like this product. Being a mechanic in New England,my phones take a lot of abuse(dirty hands,left near running engines,extreme cold etc.)But the Samasung Dart has endured very well overall. In the last year I've been through 6 other cell phone of all makes and prices.But the SGH T499 has held up the longest. This is my second one, and the only reason for replacement was due to a clumsy parts guy putting about 150 lbs. of parts on it crushing it. Accidents happen.
The functions are easy to use in day to day situations. Screen can be small when trying to view diagrams or pricing on websites. But even with my fat hot dog like fingers, it is easy to navigate on the touch screen.My last one would like to activate the hand free / voice commands on its own from time to time. The screen can be troublesome as well in performing functions such as calling voice mail. While waiting for the server to pick up the screen would time out and not return allowing you to enter any functions, numbers etc. All you get is annoyed hearing the automated woman repeatedly asking you to "please enter your pass code and then push pound".
But overall for its size,ruggedness, functions & entry level pricing into the smartphone / touch phone world. It's a great product. For guys like me it's worth saving my bigger dollar devices for cleaner,safer use but still giving me the access to all the information that I need in a pinch in my daily routine.Read full review
- pete694May 07, 2014by
Samsung Charger SGH-T539 Called Ugly by Some.
I like this SAMSUNG SGH-T499. It provides many uses for me. I use it to keep my grandchildren happy watching YOUTUBE and although I don't have a paid service, the WIFI is all I need to use for tons of apps. Of course the older it gets, the worst the reviews. But I could not complain about how convenient its made my life. Just like anything that gets old, battery dies, and sometimes other weird things happen. It goes off now for no reason and re-boots by itself. And finally, it's been called ugly for the type of design it has.
- ryangrogan89Aug 03, 2014by
I bought this for my nephew he broke his phone and needed a replacement I bought this til he is eligible for his upgrade he really loves the phone his only complaint is battery doesnt last all day I dont think its the phones fault he listens to too much music overall great product for a teenager
- kkgrizzo6363Mar 04, 2013by
This is my first smart phone and it is very easy to use. However the battery life is very poor and you cant take pictures with out light over all it is a good starter smart phone. I paid a good price for it on e-bay so I feel good about this phone. I also bought one for my granddaughter she loves it.